1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need the best classifieds ads script / software for my site

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by canaryspace, Jul 18, 2010.

I am normally very good at finding a good script or software to do exactly what I want it to do with maximum effect. I have been using Xzero classifieds for a long time but it is becoming more and more outdated and the spammers are a pain in the a**!

So, I am looking for a good classifieds script similar to this one http://www.ikiclassifieds.com/

I would pay the $290 for the script but so far, 2 emails sent about any possible reductions in price or a trial installation have fallen on death ears with this company, 29 hours after the first email, althought their site says any questions would be answered within 12 hours. This is not a good sign in my opinion, no reply shows lack of customer support for any potential future problems, and I am not one to wait around, I serious about my business, as most of us are.

So anyone with any experience of this script http://www.ikiclassifieds.com/ or if you can reccomend anything in the same price bracket or cheaper with similar features that looks good and easy for front end users, please let me know.

I am not intersted in Geodesic, Noah, Xzero, PHP Classifieds, Evson or AJ Classifieds as they are all either overpriced, not seo friendly or basically featureless!

Thank you.

Ps, if you are a programmer, my budget is $300 paid at $100 a month after installation and full testing.

canaryspace, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  2. angrezy

angrezy Peon

Best Answers:
    did you tried classipress a wordpress plugin, my website is currently using this plugin.

angrezy, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  3. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    rashida, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  4. canaryspace

canaryspace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I took a look at Classipress and was quite impressed but although full of features, I think that I needed a script that is more based on classifieds programming from scratch and not a plugin. Thank you though for the info, Classipress looks like something that I will build into a future project that I will use Wordpress for.

AJ Classifieds looks amazing! Very nice layout, clean and professional design. It has some good features but nothing really spectacular when it comes to other classifieds scripts considering AJ Classifieds costs $1999. I did talk in their live chat and got 20% off but still, over the $1000 mark is way too overpriced. Shame really, if they lowered the cost, they´d sell bucket loads of their software!

I had a private message about a classifieds script that I checked out. The cost €179, spoke to the company and they have given me a 30 day free trial and then 20% off the price should I buy. I took a gamble, deleted the old site that has around 400 uniques a day, not a lot, but I never delete a live site. Within about an hour, I had moved the site to a dedicated server, changed the DNS settings of the domain and installed OxyClassifieds from scratch. Whilst I was configuring the control site through the admin panel, people had already started to post ads. After almost 24 straight hours of configuring the site to match exactly what I wanted, which it is, I am now very happy with the result!

OxyClassifieds has all the features and more than any other script I searched for over the last month. The admin panel is really easy to use, although it took me almost 24 hours straight to configure the whole script, I did a lot, another script would have taken me a week to do what I did in 24 hours with OxyClassifieds! This is what I managed to do..

Install the script.
    Configure my template and logo.
    Configure footer and header.
    Add Adsense
    Add all the countries and regions.
    Created various promotional packages.
    Installed Tag Cloud.
    Installed modules like compare ads, similar ads, loan calculator, comments and browse by region.
    Installed paypal payment gateway.
    Created user groups.
    Added some custom pages.
    Made some other easy tweaks.

The site is exactly how I wanted it to be. You can see OxyClassifieds working at my site here http://www.postfreeads.net

Thank you and enjoy!

canaryspace, Jul 25, 2010 IP
    sptechnolab likes this.
  5. genji

genji Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice job man... how did you market your site btw because there are sooo many classifieds ad site on the net and you still manage to get quite a bit of users.
    Perhaps you could help me out with a local classified ads website i'm having some trouble with(traffic wise); http://nosplaza.com

genji, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  6. asiapro

asiapro Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I can make the script for you in custom. We dont prefer to go with ready made scripts, as they are not made for you, there are hundreds of users use the same one; Where as the custom made site will be for you and it will be unique.

that will be within your budget.Let me know if you have any query.

asiapro

Post Custom Website projects query at webasiagroup dot com.

asiapro, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  7. thecubehost

thecubehost Active Member

Best Answers:
    thecubehost, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  8. tenemail

tenemail Member

Best Answers:
    Online There are many similar scripts available free of charge, how much your looking for

tenemail, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  9. naviarora2007

naviarora2007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    naviarora2007, Jul 27, 2010 IP
    sptechnolab likes this.
  10. canaryspace

canaryspace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    5 days of running the software, I have already sold some featured ads and have got a lot of members! I have now redirected all my traffic from FreeUKClassifieds.com to postfreeads.net because Oxy is just brilliant. I asked for a couple of changes in the script and they sent me new files to upload to get the site how I need it. This is just so impressive, I am actually buzzing!

I have purchased another domain, accommodationspain.co and will be purchasing my second lisence from Oxy for their real estate script.

You can close this thread now as I have found what I need,

Thank you.

canaryspace, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  11. joyintheweb

joyintheweb Peon

Best Answers:
    joyintheweb, Sep 13, 2010 IP
  12. aprillove83

aprillove83 Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyway, AJ Classifieds very nice layout, and have a professional design.

aprillove83, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  13. betazonredefine

betazonredefine Peon

Best Answers:
    The information is every helpful for someone who want to design a site for classifieds ads. I think wordpress is more flexible for customization and a customized theme is working nice using wordpress. It costs less then $100.

betazonredefine, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  14. tolik25

tolik25 Peon

Best Answers:
    I came across this classified script at www.vivaru.com and using it now for 1 year.
    All posted ads have to be approved by admin and it has tons of features including google maps and featured ads.

Give it a try. Demo here: www.vivaru.com

tolik25, Feb 9, 2011 IP
  15. Alessandro Scola

Alessandro Scola Member

Best Answers:
    Try this

http://www.eazyclassifieds.com

immagine-demo-01.jpg immagine-demo-02.jpg immagine-demo-04.jpg

Alessandro Scola, Nov 18, 2011 IP
    sptechnolab likes this.
  16. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Go for Wordpress.
    Very easy to use, SEO friendly and stable.

For Wordpress there are 2 great plugins for what you want:

1. Classipress http://www.appthemes.com/themes/classipress/

2. Sitemile http://sitemile.com/products/wordpress-classified-ads-theme/

Good luck.

ilook, Nov 18, 2011 IP
  17. andreisaioc

andreisaioc Active Member

Best Answers:
    andreisaioc, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  18. stuartthfc11

stuartthfc11 Peon

Best Answers:
    I reckon osclass is pretty impressive! Im in the middle of building my website place2sell.net/Hull and as youll see its pretty basic, simple to use with some nice touches like personal messaging, automatic emailer, make an offer functions and a watchlist.

stuartthfc11, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  19. stuartthfc11

stuartthfc11 Peon

Best Answers:
    that of course should have www before the place2sell.net/Hull lol.

stuartthfc11, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  20. joelchrist

joelchrist Banned

Best Answers:
    joelchrist, Jun 1, 2012 IP