1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogroll is now harmful for your blog?

Discussion in 'Google' started by kmamaji, Jul 16, 2010.

I was requesting one blog to put my link in his blogroll and he said "After looking around the web I found that link exchanges can be harmful for your site. So I have decided to remove my blogroll for the time being."

I want to know is link exchanges could be harmful option for our blog? If yes then now it will be more difficult for us to create backlinks. :(

kmamaji, Jul 16, 2010 IP
    JoyGoRound likes this.
  2. kemangi

kemangi Guest

Best Answers:
    of course not

kemangi, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  3. redflea13

redflea13 Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on who you're exchanging links with. It's best if you use site that are related to yours. If a site seems spammy exchanging with them could hurt your site. I don't use exchanges but I do blog roll on occasion. I build backlinks using articles, web 2.0 properties, social bookmarking and blog commenting. I found that creating content and building backlinks to that content works best. As your content page rank increases your link juice to your main site will increase.

redflea13, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  4. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you can be right. I think "blogroll" or "sitewide" links are now on the red point at google spam team. Sidewide or blogroll can be bad at the moment, because more and more bloggers are selling on blogroll etc..

I think its good to post your link back in the content with some text and one link.

China_girl, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  5. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you are link exchange with quality site, i sure that it is no problem at all

lifeplayer, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  6. MEMORIES89

MEMORIES89 Peon

Best Answers:
    i think it is problem, due to new google rules, but not sure.

MEMORIES89, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  7. LynxMarketing

LynxMarketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    As long as your link partners are quality sites related to yours it shouldn't be a problem. If you're exchanging with people who come from a "bad link neighborhood" then you should remove their links and ask them to take yours off of their blogs too.

LynxMarketing, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  8. Jash Wani

Jash Wani Peon

Best Answers:
    Link building or link exchange is not Harmful, but keeping to many out going links on your important pages can be Harmful!!

My Idea is to get good links without reciprocal links, so that there is no need for a blogroll!!

Jash Wani, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  9. kmamaji

kmamaji Peon

Best Answers:
    You mean to say, better to remove blogroll from our blog?
    Can you please show me where it is written that it will create a problem if we put blogroll in our blog?

kmamaji, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  10. manny07

manny07 Peon

Best Answers:
    Link exchanges are not bad. It's just people abuse this kind of link building method. I saw some blogs that their blogroll consists of 10-20 links on different websites which is definitely a unethical and blackhat. Limit your link exchanges at least up to 5 sites and your website will be a search engine friendly.

manny07, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  11. robertthomas

robertthomas Peon

Best Answers:
    if you exchange link with same theme good quality content site then it would be really beneficial for you

robertthomas, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  12. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    a reciprocal link is generally useless UNLESS 1. it actually generates some clicks and therefore traffic to your site or 2. you manage to get a link from a much higher PR site than your own.

contentboss, Jul 16, 2010 IP
    kmamaji likes this.
  13. digital29

digital29 Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely not. Link exchange have less value than one way links, but still, they have value. Many people say that site-wide links (blogrolls) can be harmful, but they actually worked for me

digital29, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  14. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I see it as nothing but a lame excuse by the concerned blogger not to put up your link. I do not think blogroll links hurt one's blog if they are limited in number and do not appear spammy.

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  15. hem1234

hem1234 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have no such bad experience with sitewide links or blogroll. It depends on the blog where your link is placed. Always exchange good quality of blogs made for human not made for link exchange.

hem1234, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  16. GekiDan

GekiDan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it is harmful. I think it does have a value: traffic and backlink value.
    The reason why the guy told you those is maybe he already got lots of links on his blogroll.

GekiDan, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  17. lakelandprinting

lakelandprinting Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think it will harm your site, but I do think they don't hold much weight anymore with Google. Google knows why we do link exchanges, and it's an easy factor for their algorithm. A blogroll link without a link exchange (obviously) does great things!

lakelandprinting, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  18. kmamaji

kmamaji Peon

Best Answers:
    Well after reading all your posts it seems i don't have to delete my blogroll now. :)

kmamaji, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  19. zinruss

zinruss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Site-wide links will not harm your blog if you limit it to 5. Btw, if you want to hit 1st page or top 3 position, try to make use of the nofollow tag or limit the OBL of the site structures.

zinruss, Jul 18, 2010 IP
    kmamaji likes this.
  20. abdulghaniseo

abdulghaniseo Peon

Best Answers:
    please let me know why blogroll harmful i want to know which point of view of disable account or other

abdulghaniseo, Jul 18, 2010 IP