1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long does it take YOU to write a QUALITY ARTICLE?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by dyadvisor, Jul 2, 2010.

1. MarTh-

MarTh- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I find my best quality articles come more natural to me & not forced. It is usually about a topic I find interesting & my sub conscious goes to work, but of course keeping in mind sentence structure, keyword usage, cracking a bad joke.

So my best quality is actually faster and comes out more consistently then the articles I don't enjoy and struggle with (feels forced). Maybe 500 words+/hour

But to add on this, through persistent revisions which do take extra time the article quality increases

MarTh-, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  2. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    And what about factuality? I mean when you are writing on a subject the fact should be correct. That requires research, fact checking, etc...

Kraven2, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  3. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Live2Write:

My fingers did not miraculously heal. It is because I probably only typed 70-80 words. It merely asks you question, and are or you to name and describe two items then you fill in blanks. Most of the work, and wording is done by the software program itself.

In fact it mentioned doing the same one I did in 3 1/2 minutes. So my 5 minutes, shows an understatement of true capability. I am by no means endorsing this product, as it also had a spinner option. If someone also used this function. That would bring the possible cost down to about 2 cents an article.

You could win an EZA coffee mug in one day and also put 300 people out of work.
    The software will be unveiled withing 2 weeks. I am anticipating a price of about $99.00.

It would be the ultimate revenge machine if the poor workers organized and used it by taking orders from those who paid the least, and then just cranked out this little program.

To some of you answering this is not a showoff post, unless that means not reading the post. It is for quality writers receiving some level of decency pay for their work. There is no time race for quality.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
    dyadvisor, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  4. furca

furca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can personally only write a quality article when I already know a lot about the niche. I would say I could write a good article in 2 hours. My press releases generally take a few hours.

furca, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  5. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Furca, I had a look at your forum(in your signature) My compliments for doing what DP failed to do, which is setting a minimum for writing jobs.

Keep up the good work!

Kraven2, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  6. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I want an Ezinearticles coffee mug!

gvannorman, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  7. daftone

daftone Banned

Best Answers:
    Twenty to thirty minutes to rewrite an article line by line. Double that for a fresh well researched article.

daftone, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  8. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Daftone, congratulations that is remarkable.

Would you like to take over teaching my free course?

dyadvisor, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  9. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would take the best part of 6 hours for writing a quality article, at times even more. The first hour is devoted to understand to research the topic and write down a skeleton copy. The remaining 5 hours are used to write the final article and revising it a couple of times after a break of 30 minutes in between each revision. The skeleton copy is archived and is re-used the next time someone wants an article on the same subject.

parsibagan, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  10. rob485

rob485 Peon

Best Answers:
    Even though I'm paid at around $3 per article with average 500 words,
    I am providing quality work. I work 30 minutes to 1 hour per article. I
    am still searching for those who pay high. I hope someone would advice
    me where to go. :)

rob485, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  11. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well follow my signature Rob. Plenty of well paying sources at the Cure :)

Kraven2, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  12. rob485

rob485 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much! I'll find time looking
    for other ways on making money with article
    re-writing after I have submitted all the jobs
    given to me. :)

rob485, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  13. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Constant Content pays more than what you stated a few posts back. Here is their link : LINK. Good luck to you.

Blue Star Ent., Jul 20, 2010 IP
  14. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just submitted my first article to constant content. I think that a minimum of $10 per article is a pretty good rate if you can sell a minimum of 10 a day. Of course if you could get 2 $50 articles to sell than that might just be the way to start in the writing business. Now back onto the topic of this thread. Quality articles take time to write mainly because of the research that is involved (unless you have extensive knowledge). That is why I allow myself 2 hours to write a professional quality article. This gives me time to research plus still have time to write a good article.

I was reading a blog post yesterday where this copywriter said that it takes him 9 hours to write an article. As I started reading the post, I realized that he is not spending actually 9 hours on research or writing. But, he is counting all the time that he spends talking to the client and research the content. This clearly can not be thought of as writing because talking to the client is (well not in by book) not part of the writing process. It is all part of the "selling" process.

gvannorman, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  15. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nevertheless he is right. All business hours spent is time that should be paid for. It should already be incorporated into the rates though.

Kraven2, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  16. iNET SEO

iNET SEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    An hour for the article and an hour for research, but that can all change depending on the article subject matter.

As for rates, I'm not cheap ;)

iNET SEO, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  17. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Quality never is :)

Kraven2, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  18. jimmyedge

jimmyedge Peon

Best Answers:
    Let's face it, if it takes you an hour to research a 500 word article on any subject the final result isn't going to be 'quality' anyway. What most people here are talking about is how to write a 500 word article that doesn't look like complete spam.

Think about a 500 word essay at university - it would mean reading 3 or 4 books, 7 or 8 journals, doing some independent research, writing a 2,000 piece then cutting it down to 500 words. 15 hours minimum for a 'quality' article with some original thought, analysis of several sources etc. 1 or 2 hours can get you a half-decent rehash of whatever Google turns up, which is ok for most websites.

jimmyedge, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  19. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats simply not true. Most topics a seasoned writer has some basic knowledge about already, and the research merely consists out of facts checking.
    Of course their is the exception of writing a topic the writer has never written about before, and then the research takes much longer then an hour. But we are talking averages here.

If regular research takes you 15 hours you are doing something wrong period. I have written plenty of essays when in school, and it never took me that long. But then again I always was good at writing, which may have something to do with it :)

Kraven2, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  20. jimmyedge

jimmyedge Peon

Best Answers:
    'but these are not just any writers, these are the crop of the cream' - that's from your website Kraven. I'm sure you are a great internet writer and good at your job, I'm just trying to point out that the quality of writing on the internet isn't as well researched, written or proofed as it could be. I'm no exception - when I write I have to keep one eye on the clock. I'm not even trying to sell anything here (unlike everyone else) I'm just interested in the thread.

jimmyedge, Jul 20, 2010 IP
    Blue Star Ent. likes this.