1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which is better onpage optimization or offpage optimization

Discussion in 'Google' started by ricky709, Jul 17, 2010.

Hello friends,

I am working really hard on my website to get quality traffic but I miserably failed. I have not lost my hopes yet. I would like to know which method is best to rank higher in search engine.
    Onpage optimization and off page optimization,which is best among both?
    I want to rank higher for certain keywords say "xyz" which is not a very high competition keyword. Writing 5-10 post and proper interlinking with anchor text can help me in search engine? Or offpage optimization helps more in ranking higher?

Which is the best method for offpage optimization? Article submission or directory submission?

ricky709, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  2. digital29

digital29 Peon

Best Answers:
    Onpage optimization doesn't have the same value it had some years ago. Now, you just need to make minimum onpage optimization (title, keyword density ~5%) and then off page only.

digital29, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  3. ricky709

ricky709 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the quick reply. Which is the best off page optimization method? Directory submission, article submission..?

4. Allthebest

Allthebest Peon

Best Answers:
    Best of page optimization method is Article submission. you have to submit your Article on come best site like ezinearticles . directory submission is also best method to promote your site. so create come quality back links.

Allthebest, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  5. jeffereeno

jeffereeno Peon

Best Answers:
    Article submission and ezines will help but you should try PR. Press Releases will do wonders for you especially if you get sucked up into some of the bigger news sites.

jeffereeno, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  6. ricky709

Best Answers:
    Hmm. I have heard many things about press release and article directories like ezines....although never tried any of the method. Thanks for the wonderful insight. Any software for press release?

7. mchrest

mchrest Active Member

Best Answers:
    the best off page is a combo of all methods, directory subs,article marketing, do follow social book marking, link building

mchrest, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  8. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Obviously both are important.

You need offpage opt. by directory submission, article submissions, blog replying, and other link building tricks.

On site is important too. Layout of the site, getting a metatag, sitemaps, making alt titles for internal links & imgs, creating the articles in your index to use the keywords you are fighting for, etc.

You can't do one or the other. You need to do BOTH.

Laceygirl, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  9. miketyson10

miketyson10 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think both are important for better rank. I have seen many times that website are coming in the first page of Google without doing off page work. And also sometime saw that the website (without onpage work) are coming in the first page of Google.
    Without On-page work your off-page work is not more valuable. Suppose, if your site title is "abc" and you are doing link building work for keyword "xyz" then, it is very difficult to get website in Google's first page for keywords xyz.

miketyson10, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  10. ricky709

Best Answers:
    Yes I understand that we need to do both. So far I guess offpage optimization wins over onpage optimization (i know choosing the right keyword is most important). I was planning to higher an SEO expert for my website or start to do it by myself. I guess I got my answer from this post.

Thanks a lot guys. I am starting onpage as well as offpage optimization. I will concentrate more on article directory submission and Press release in offpage. Wish me luck :D

11. Amator

Amator Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need both. on page and off page.

Amator, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  12. furca

furca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Onpage is the most important because it is the thing you can most control.

NO OFF PAGE but TONS OF ON PAGE = okay
    NO ON PAGE but TONS OF OFF PAGE = bad

furca, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  13. Monti

Monti Active Member

Best Answers:
    NO ON PAGE but TONS OF OFF PAGE - very very very good, because you always can make on page optimization, but for off page optimization you need to work hardly, or pay much :)

Monti, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  14. AirForce1

AirForce1 Peon

Best Answers:
    In my own experiences, no successful SEO campaign could separate on page factors from off page optimization. As for off page optimization, you need to increasing your backlinks via multiple channels like social bookmarking, blogging, article submission and others but not rely on one method.

Have a nice day,

AirForce1, Jul 17, 2010 IP
    Monti likes this.
  15. Techie Geek

Techie Geek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to do both onpage and offpage to be able to rank well. Having said that, there's only so much onpage optimization you can do before you start doing offpage stuff.

Techie Geek, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  16. furca

furca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    False, on page is most important because it is the aspect that YOU directly control. Off-page is sort of 'up to the gods' in Google' eyes.

furca, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  17. Monti

Monti Active Member

Best Answers:
    Everything in your control. OFF page is most important factor. Several using the key on page is enough, but in some niche you need thousands backlinks.

Monti, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  18. furca

furca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Think what you want ;) Without on-page optimization your site will go no-where, will be ranked for the wrong keywords, and will lead to a tragic death.

Always concentrate on on-page SEO first, because it is the most important. If anyone tells you otherwise- well try off-page out and see the failure.

You wouldn't advertise a site without having yet built it. This is why on-page SEO is the most important factor. Off-page is important, but not as exclusively important.

If your on-page SEO does the job, then the natural off-page will follow. Not the other way around!

furca, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  19. Flashnest

Flashnest Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to say onpage is more important.. links will come naturally if you have quality content!!

Flashnest, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  20. ricky709

Best Answers:
    I have started seo training to train myself. Thank you guys for ur valuable inputs. Just started working on onpage as well as offpage. Decided 3 keywords, now optimizing it.
    Need ur suggestion for article writing. Should I include those keywords and link back to my home or inner page?

ricky709, Jul 18, 2010 IP