1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why DMOZ did not accept my site

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by himanshu88, Jul 7, 2010.

1. wheeliebin

wheeliebin Guest

Best Answers:
    An alternative to submit and forget is submit, wait a bit, and then decide that there isn't an active editor for that category and apply to edit it. Not hard, just ensure that you declare all your website affiliations.

wheeliebin, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  2. sriwirko

sriwirko Peon

Best Answers:
    dmoz not guideline to strict which one to accept or reject , depend on which authorizer to review.

sriwirko, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  3. jNorth

jNorth Peon

Best Answers:
    jNorth, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  4. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You read them on the web so they must be true!

One slight snag with the recommended actions though: Editor's email addresses aren't publicly displayed, just links to web forms. I somehow doubt if PayPal would work with http://www.dmoz.org/cgi-bin/send.cgi?toeditor=jimnoble

jimnoble, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  5. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I do... whats wrong with that. Just because some guy I never heard of wrote it on some site I've never been too does not mean it can't be real ;)

I mean, I did believe the guidelines of the ODP when I first read those as well :p

I think he is referring to the email that was sent to you offering link exchanges & the like after you submit to the ODP in point #2

2. If you submit to a DMOZ category and are suddenly requested to link to a related website, don't be a dumb ass and assume it's out of the blue. Throw as many links as possible from your entire network at this website. This request likely comes from a DMOZ editor.

Qryztufre, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  6. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ask them to pay you through moneygram or western union with your distant relative name or your neighbor so no track record.:D

popotalk, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  7. makrhod

makrhod Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, it's "fun' to come back here every few months and find the same misinformed people determinedly spreading the same misinformation.

Q is exaggerating, of course, as anyone can see by actually reading the DMOZ guidelines.

Suggesting a site more than once does not automatically lead to banning of that site. For example, many people forget if they have suggested their site, or they later find a more appropriate category to suggest it to. In those cases it is perfectly OK for them to suggest it again. This reassurance is given almost every day by editors in the public, editor-run forum.

Permanent bans apply to just two types of site:
    1. Those belonging to people who offer to pay editors for a listing. Pay attention to this warning.
    2. Sites which are involved in deliberate spamming of the directory - and our definition of spamming is the same as anyone else's, meaning lots and lots of suggestions, not just one or two or three.

makrhod, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  8. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for correcting me! now I can use your post as a reference point when I hear other editors going on with their SUBMIT ONLY ONE TIME!!!! I can also tell people to completely and totally ignore the guidelines... ya know, the ones that say SUBMIT ONLY ONE TIME.

Yes, yes, it's me that's spreading the filth and lies... hehe... I'm just following suit *rolls eyes*

So honestly, which is it... submit once, or submit a few times? I certainly can not be wrong on both counts can I?

Qryztufre, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  9. detect2173

detect2173 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no time frame. If your category has no editors you will never get accepted. If it does, there is no way to know if your site has been reviewed or if it has been rejected. Set it and forget it with a small prayer is your only hope.

detect2173, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  10. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why do so many people make this kind of nonsense up for?

Agent000, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  11. willy4987

willy4987 Active Member

Best Answers:
    all of my site still not accept
    i don't know why
    but it does not bother me

willy4987, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  12. rohit123

rohit123 Guest

Best Answers:
    I you are submit your site in DMOZ and dmoz did not submit your site because google did't crawl your ste

rohit123, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  13. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What has it got to dowith Google?

Agent000, Jul 19, 2010 IP