1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much do you charge to set up a facebook page for a business?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by cgl102770, Jul 7, 2010.

I have a client who is a counseling service. How much should I charge to set up his page (not including updates and maintenance)? It will have the standard info page, with photos. Thank you for any suggestions!

cgl102770, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  2. BestESolutionsBD

BestESolutionsBD Peon

Best Answers:
    hi,
    its a very easy and interesting task.price is depends on number and quality of tab design.you can add some FBML TAB on your page.i have huge experience in this sector.

BestESolutionsBD, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  3. aristoinc

aristoinc Peon

Best Answers:
    What is their objective for the Facebook page? Are you having logos/graphics made specifically for the page? Opt-in box? What is the page supposed to accomplish for them?

You can charge anything you want. I find out what the client's objective is, then determine if Facebook fits for the objective and what it takes to meet the objective. If there is a lot of coding and graphics to be created - and the customer value to the business is high (in other words the business makes more than $1,000 per sale to a new customer - or the lifetime value of the customer is high) then I would charge above 4 figures. If they want a hobby page to just fiddle around (I wouldn't take the job) then charge less. A short simple book to read is "How Much Should I Charge?" by Ellen Rohr. A 45 minute read and it gives you basis for any type of business. Most people charge way too little to keep their business from failing.

aristoinc, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  4. dorthyjoseph

dorthyjoseph Guest

Best Answers:
    Dont you think you are charging too much ... ?

dorthyjoseph, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  5. dorthyjoseph

dorthyjoseph Guest

Best Answers:
    Because i think stting up a Facebook page is not a big deal i dont think that you should charge that much.

6. aristoinc

aristoinc Peon

Best Answers:
    I appreciate your comment. When you say "setting up a Facebook page is not a big deal", what do you envision that to be? How much would you charge and how long would it take you to do it? There are different levels of complexity you can offer. I have clients that when they get a new customer it means over $5,000 in revenue per customer. They have no clue how to use Facebook to build a community around their business. If they just opened an account and started posting, it would bring them nothing - so they should pay nothing. If I show them how they can use Facebook to bring in just one customer a month, that's an extra $60,000 per year to the business. I've actually had clients ask me why I charge so little for the amount of business they can attribute to the social media campaigns we help them develop.

aristoinc, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  7. dorthyjoseph

dorthyjoseph Guest

Best Answers:
    I know the group That has created Mari Smith's page on facebook they even dont charge that much amount that you are charging.

8. cakka

cakka Member

Best Answers:
    give a low price for simple things
    give a higher price for more complex things :)

cakka, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  9. Dulce7

Dulce7 Member

Best Answers:
    I think standard rates for coding and graphics apply. Other than that, setting up a facebook page is as easy as a few clicks.

Dulce7, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  10. aristoinc

aristoinc Peon

Best Answers:
    You're right about Mari's page and the company behind the setup of that page does fantastic work.

I think we are talking two different things. If you just want a page set up then you charge very little.

I'm talking about a marketing campaign utilizing Facebook. That is what I meant by asking what the objective is. If the client wants just a page setup and they do everything after that, then however little you want to charge is fine.

As I said there is nothing wrong with whatever you want to charge. The client determines if they see the value and want to pay it.

aristoinc, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  11. adkar

adkar Peon

Best Answers:
    I think user Aristoinc actually had a good point about how to charge for the facebook page - but I would take it with a grain of salt. Although a facebook page may be "easy" to set up, if you choose the right firm to help you with an intuitive design and strategy for how to use it, then that expertise is what you pay for...

adkar, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  12. dogitalweb

dogitalweb Peon

Best Answers:
    I generally charge 35$ per business page to make friend design perfectly and using good design

dogitalweb, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  13. designer-gspr

designer-gspr Peon

Best Answers:
    if im not mistaken a business cant set up a page on its own, i think when i looked at the rules it said that only a real person can set up an account but then they can talk about thier company as much as they want

designer-gspr, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  14. aristoinc

aristoinc Peon

Best Answers:
    Faebook allows a page for a business/organization.

From Facebook's own Help section:
    What is a Facebook Page?
    Pages are for organizations, businesses, celebrities, and bands to broadcast great information in an official, public manner to people who choose to connect with them. Similar to profiles, Pages can be enhanced with applications that help the entity communicate and engage with their audiences, and capture new audiences virally through friend recommendations, News Feed stories, Facebook events, and beyond.

You can create and manage a Facebook Page for your organization from your personal account. Please note that only the official representative of an organization, business, celebrity, or band is permitted to create a Page.

aristoinc, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  15. Siestakey

Siestakey Peon

Best Answers:
    not so much charges from facebook to make this kind of page on facebook....

Siestakey, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  16. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Developing an entire campaign with measurable results is a lot different than just designing a page and if clients can see a return on that investment then what you charge should be no different than what any marketing company would charge.

But for just building the page, I generally charge a few hundred depending on how many pages, forms and other interactive stuff that they want.
    My minimum is $200 but can go a lot higher. Usually I do them in addition to other services and rarely bill for just the page.

hmansfield, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  17. TheDouglas

TheDouglas Peon

Best Answers:
    $50-$100 at least.

TheDouglas, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  18. webmaster44

webmaster44 Member

Best Answers:
    My opinion is to charge less than 100 dollars...

webmaster44, May 22, 2015 IP
  19. readezarchive

readezarchive Active Member

Best Answers:
    It really depends on how much time you are going to put into the project. If it's for a friend and only a couple hours setting up then yeah $100. If it's going to be an active facebook page for a large company that requires a lot of maintenance then you are talking thousands of dollars.

readezarchive, May 26, 2015 IP
  20. Shadowpro

Shadowpro Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should charge based on the value you bring.

If it's graphics & code, then whatever the local rate is for that.
    if you are providing marketing services you should charge more as you will provide greater value.
    If you can add in strategy you can add a bit more.

If you can package all the above and offer Facebook updates, content marketing etc, you could charge a monthly subscription fee and roll the set cost into a 6 month engagement.

Shadowpro, May 31, 2015 IP