1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How INDIAN Writers Can Earn Big Bucks?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Fem, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The link shows this information; "$1/250+ Words & $2.5/500+". You did not tell us if you are from India or not. I read part of the diatribe above, but not all of it. If you will take a look at my personal information it tells you where I am.

Blue Star Ent., Jul 6, 2010 IP
  2. Live2Write

Live2Write Active Member

Best Answers:
    @sweely

Understand your pain but never never come to a generalized conclusion. Did you hire the so-called cheap (if I am being rude let me say affordable) writers at the boards here? Didn't you know you get what you pay for?

Being born as 'native speakers' in itself doesn't make anyone a good writer. I have native speaker friends who write in the texting language, and trust me its harder on my eyes than reading stuff written by an ESL writer.

Again for the love of words/writing - in the world of writing there can only be Good Writers and Bad Writers...let us change the way we have been thinking. Shall we? Regards.

@Kraven 2
    Your posts are readworthy...(read REALLY REALLY READWORTHY:) )

@Dyadvisior
    Good for Fem he's/she's moving on. But why help only Indians? Is everyone at the boards not feeling the pain of crap offers? Let the book be Writers earn big bucks and not targeted to a geography. And that'd be nobler.

@Fem
    Thanks at least, I could relieve you a little from the pain you have after the biopsy.

@Confused_freelancer
    Biopsy is a small minimal invasive procedure, so a person should be just fine in a couple of hours. And let us cheer the person who harbor so much love for the forums :)

Live2Write, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  3. Fem

Fem Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank god! At last, things are moving in the right track!

Fem, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  4. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Live2Write Thanks for sharing a very inspiring post!

That was very well needed. Plus it showed the genuine concern how true writers want each other to get ahead. Everyone, gets down, and it was nice to see you pump it back up.

As for my assistance giving, I believe the countries include India (4), Pakistan (1), Latin America (1), South America (1), Old Russia - Ukraine (1), Netherlands (1), Australia (1), and the United States (6?). So you can see it is very diversified, as is the current skill levels of the writers. I certainly can not help everyone. But my internal rewards are the best fighter for my medical conditions.

It gives me extreme pride, every time someone takes another step forward.

dyadvisor, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  5. Fem

Fem Active Member

Best Answers:
    Our prayers will keep you as the most energetic and active contributor! We have been waiting for those words of wisdom from you!

Fem, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  6. Live2Write

Live2Write Active Member

Best Answers:
    Missed/overlooked the remedy. Thanks @scifiguy_rc
    It is this attitude that is infecting the industry and will one day kill it too if we, (who are inclined to 'write for any price attitude') do not medn our thinking. And, good reads might become a rare phenomenon. So friends, let us pledge even if we should not have a job for a day or two, we will save your words for another day, but we shall never underrate what we are worth.

Live2Write, Jul 7, 2010 IP
    Kraven2 likes this.
  7. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info. I had no idea that biopsy was such a small procedure. Anyways my apologies to Fem for poking fun at that one...

A pledge that few will make.

A big THANKS to DYADVISOR for having faith in mere mortals (noobs in the words of more experienced souls from high above).

WebBuddy, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  8. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Live2Write, your posts in this thread were many, and all equally inspiring, so merely quoting one would not do you justice.

Let me just state that you are a breath of fresh air, in this forum. It is especially inspiring to see you are no stranger here, and have joined DP before me. Shows that the seasoned members of this board, still have good contributions to make.

From what I read from other "seasoned" contributors here, with their negativity in each and every thread, I was beginning to fear the worst.
    However, you cured that believe, and added a much needed touch of insight, elegance and positive thinking to this thread, which I hope you can be bothered to spread around the forum, as it is in dire need for it. Don't ever change!

And for that fact, rep added :)

Kraven2, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  9. scifiguy_rc

scifiguy_rc Active Member

Best Answers:
    this thread is definitely one of the most informational threads on the DP forums in times today. I guess there is a serious need for the high players of the forum to pay some heed to the concerns of the Writers who have scribbled in the thread. Agree with majority of the people about the attitude of writers. lets suggest some solid ways where in something concrete can be done .

scifiguy_rc, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  10. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I don't plan on waiting for suggestions, I already set my course and am shaping it. My angle will be providing places where better paying jobs for writers can be found. I will also list low paying ones, and hopefully having all of those in one place will be enough for a writer to say to him/herself "sod it I am sticking to those paying $20 to $35 per article". Let me also state there is an abundance of such jobs available. Lots of writers don't know where to look for them and I am looking to cure that.

Kraven2, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  11. Live2Write

Live2Write Active Member

Best Answers:
    @scifiguy_r
    I started this thread way back in 2008 ..... and took most of the no-nonsense advices offered by experienced people quite diligently.
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=999659

It took more me than 3 years to search for sites that offered good payimg gigs. But thanks for stacking all of them at one place. It not only saves lot of writers' time but helps focus just on writing and meeting respective TATs.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
    Live2Write, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  12. Fastest Writers

Fastest Writers Peon

Best Answers:
    I was forwarded to this thread by Fem [my friend] saying "YOU will know what DP is all about!". Thanks for being so resourceful, creative and inspiring. The threads are really meaningful and informative, some words could make some spark though...

Thanks to dyadvisor, Kraven2, Live2Write, gvannorman, Blue Star Ent, Confused_freelancer and all others who contributed.

Let me keep watching...!

Fastest Writers, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  13. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    well done Kraven - it will be good to see a forum with some decent paying ads at last!

contentboss, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  14. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why watch when you can act?

Kraven2, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  15. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much, I am now the proud owner of the largest writing job database available online, and the beast is growing :D

Kraven2, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  16. Fem

Fem Active Member

Best Answers:
    Started Acting Mr. Kraven. Renovating our writing style and Keyword Optimization using the guidelines provided by you and dyadvisor -

Thanks

Fem, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  17. atreides

atreides Peon

Best Answers:
    when you're thinking in one language, and writing it in another, to me, that's always a recipe for disaster, irregardless of where you're from. as shakingspear pointed out, coherency seems to be the major issue here. let's not even go the grammar or penny writers issues.

indian writers have a wonderful foundation in the english language, as english did originate from the proto indo-european basket of languages, making their application and structure somewhat similar to contemporary tamil, hindi, etc. which is why it pains me to see, "I am ready to to do this work for you for any price" (thanks, scifiguy)

atreides, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  18. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Many writers, from every country, become unaware of how stagnant they become.

There feel is they have reached their potential, and everyone else with a more advanced approach is wrong. This becomes their comfort zone no matter how bad or good that may be.

The problem is that their journey has not yet begun.
    Can someone in India make $30,000 a year writing? Yes
    Can someone in the US get $100,000+ yearly writing? Yes
    Can an Indian writer make as much as one from US? Yes

But you have to take a major (out of comfort zone) learning step

Then 4 things automatically happen
    1. Your income increases because you have learned to write better
    2. Your have to release this new pent up energy and confidence
    3. Your thinking process changes to package articles (with rewrites) & it works
    4. Business, almost like a karma, just starts to come your direction

Next you learn lifelong, and often want to keep stepping up

---the best to all of you, & may you become the leaders of today and tomorrow--

dyadvisor, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  19. martinqkennethk

martinqkennethk Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry i do not know

martinqkennethk, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  20. maxipr

maxipr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    it doesn't matter you are indian or not. the matter is you do spend some good effort to learn the basic or not

maxipr, Jul 15, 2010 IP