1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

All about On-Page Optimization ...

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by smsinhindi, Jun 19, 2010.

Hi, Lets contribute to make a checklist for on-page optimization.
    I have collected few on-page optimization tips, if you know some more then contribute here:-

• Domain Name:- Must contain your keyword , There should not me more than 2-3 keyword, else it will be considered as Spamming.

• 301/302 redirect:- If you have both www.site.com and site.com then create a redirect between them. Prefer to use 301 redirect which is also known as permanent redirect and is search engine friendly.By redirect you can avoid the case of duplicate content (as same content could be access from 2 different URL- www.site.com and site.com)

• Title :- Use title tag to show what your website is all about. The length of title should be 60 char actor long. Always try to place title tag under H1 heading. Don't forget to put your top keyword in that start of your title. <title>mysite.com-This is my title</title>

• Meta Description:- It can be 150-160charactor long. It should contain your keyword and description about your site. Do not use excessive keyword. However Meta description do not play much importance to Search engine as earlier, It increase clicks on your site in SERP. <meta name="description" content="Site description goes here.">

• Meta Keyword:- There is no use of it anymore, but it is not bad if you use it.

• Headings:-<H1><H2>....<H6> , Heading also play important role to rank in SE. Always use only one H1 heading and that should be for your title. H2, H3... can be more than one and can be use for your sub headings or post title.

• WebPage size - Page size upto 100KB considered as good.

• Link:- Even Google say in webmaster tool that A search engine can have problem to index link if it is more than 100. So try to keep less than 100 link on a page.

• Image and ALT text:- Think when Images do not load when you open any site due to any reason like slow connection etc. How will you determine what was there. Here come the role of ALT text. When images do not load/open then alt text were visible at that place and your visitor can know -what was there.

• Domain Age :- Domain age is the time period of your domain since it was registered. My suggestion is to register any domain for more than 2 year. Any domain which expiry is less than a year fall in category of spam site (not necessary but why to take chance?)

• Page speed :- Google has recently included it in its criteria to rank a site. To check this use mozilla firefox and its two add-on 1- Firebug and 2- Page speed. You can also reduce your http request to increase page speed. Note- Visitor love to come back to site which load fast and easily. You can also analyse your website on - http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/

These are few basic but important tip for onpage optimization and I think it will a of great help for people who are new to SEO.:)

smsinhindi, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  2. bloggingespionage

bloggingespionage Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    These are really good tips, especially for who is just beginning in blogging and SEO. I find it hard to find a domain name that contains my keyword, hard to hunt for a good prefix or suffix for my keyword and make it my domain name.

bloggingespionage, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  3. smsinhindi

smsinhindi Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, Anyone who is starting to learn SEO should start with these points.

smsinhindi, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  4. kiriunt

kiriunt Peon

Best Answers:
    very good tips thanks

kiriunt, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  5. Promoman

Promoman Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's great to see this. Too many people only think of inbound links or the look and bells and whistles of their site. Few take the time to focus on every pages keyword content, alt tags, meta tags and the technical superiority of their sites.

Promoman, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  6. arton

arton Peon

Best Answers:
    complete tutorials..thanks for sharing

arton, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  7. gocali2009

gocali2009 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you covered most of them!

Another thing to consider, and very important, is to have a good internal linking structure. Make sure that you link to your main pages on every site. This can be done with footer links or a menu. In Wordpress, you can use the 'related posts' plugin.

gocali2009, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  8. msk19994

msk19994 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    great tips for people who want to launch a new site !

msk19994, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  9. SEOArbiter

SEOArbiter Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, nice tips you have shared.
    We'd also like to add:
    •Place keywords or phrases NATURALLY within the copy of your website.
    •Do not KEYWORD stuff. Meaning, don’t just cram your keywords within the text and it not make sense. Make sure it has a natural flow.
    •Rule of thumb: try to naturally place your keywords or phrases within every 100 words of your copy.

SEOArbiter, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  10. abeltenny0210

abeltenny0210 Guest

Best Answers:
    These are the most important but other reasons we also need to think about.

abeltenny0210, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  11. shadowd

shadowd Peon

Best Answers:
    Appreciate the information. The points you've pointed out seem consistent with a few other posts, so i know im going down the right direction. Thanks.

shadowd, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  12. pradeep.onlineinfo

pradeep.onlineinfo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very good explanation and thx for this helpful points

# WebPage size - Page size upto 100KB considered as good.

# Domain Age :- Domain age is the time period of your domain since it was registered. My suggestion is to register any domain for more than 2 year. Any domain which expiry is less than a year fall in category of spam site (not necessary but why to take chance?)

pradeep.onlineinfo, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  13. shakingspear

shakingspear Peon

Best Answers:
    Very nice starting point. It's always good to get the basics down before starting off page SEO.

shakingspear, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  14. neelamets

neelamets Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing a god information.

neelamets, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  15. danielchloe

danielchloe Peon

Best Answers:
    Very informative.

danielchloe, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  16. shaun53

shaun53 Peon

Best Answers:
    on page optimization:
    these are some methods of onpage optimization are Title Optimization,Meta Tags Optimization,Important HTML Tags,Keyword Optimization & Synonyms,Link Optimization and Image Optimization.

shaun53, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  17. smsinhindi

smsinhindi Peon

Best Answers:

Very true.. I missed this point.. I have seen how internal linking boost the ranking in Google.
    Thanks

smsinhindi, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  18. emarketin_seo

emarketin_seo Peon

Best Answers:
    hey...really nice contribution. You have covered almost all the things.But i think following may be some useful tips:

Use Navigation user friendly.
    making text bold is also a important thing.
    Content optimization. Should spread keywords in right density all over the page content. It should not look like spam.

emarketin_seo, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  19. smsinhindi

smsinhindi Peon

Best Answers:
    Making text bold is important but be careful. bold only your targeting kerword or phrases. excessive bold keyword means
    *Spamming and
    *Each keyword be compete against other.

smsinhindi, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  20. OmegaLocksmith

OmegaLocksmith Member

Best Answers:
    Thats exactly what I need done to my site.................But no one can PM me and tell me how much that would be i only have 32 pages

OmegaLocksmith, Jul 5, 2010 IP