1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need a blog buddy

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by slymarketing, Jun 14, 2010.

1. slymarketing

slymarketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    slymarketing, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  2. meditation

meditation Peon

Best Answers:
    There are some easy content writing software you can use to write content quickly.This help you update your blog to increase traffic and serps ranking.word press is good if you are using it already.

meditation, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  3. jenny ty

jenny ty Active Member

Best Answers:
    jenny ty, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  4. jenny ty

jenny ty Active Member

Best Answers:
    Want to see more about that software .If you have any online software Please let me know.

jenny ty, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  5. slymarketing

Best Answers:
    Are you having problems using the group?

Please let me know if you do. Just log in at: http://groups.google.com/group/blogbuddy

Then, click on "discussions" and "new post" or click on the discussion you'd like to read and click on reply at the bottom to be part of the discussion.

- Jens

slymarketing, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  6. jenny ty

jenny ty Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanx Dude for Helping me.
    :) :) :)

jenny ty, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  7. slymarketing

Best Answers:
    It's awesome to have this group of people sharing thoughts inside the group and comments on the blogs. What I especially find interesting is that when we comment on all the various blogs, we get a lot more creative and we become better writers, because we are commenting on blogs with topics that are different from what we're used to.

Thanks a lot.

8. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Jens,

You have really gotten a huge response from this thread you started... Really is awesome and clever and I'm going to brainstorm an idea around "Blogging Buddies".

Also, I commented on a few of your posts on your blog/website. I really like the "Sound Of Marketing". I'm going to go buy a tractor right now and put my website url on the side of it... :)

Anyway, the sound of "Blogging Buddies" has me really interested in starting a blogging buddy service. I will keep you informed on my progress.

Go and download skype and shoot me a PM when you have and I will give you my skype id to that we can keep in touch.

GuruCreation, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  9. thebitbotdotcom

thebitbotdotcom Peon

Best Answers:
    Sly,

I joined the Blog Buddy Group, but it says that my membership has not been approved yet. Could you approve it?

I also have a blog about marketing, SEO, and all things webmaster related. http://thebitbot.com/

To everyone,

I have removed the no-follow attribute to share some link juice as appreciation to great comments that add to the discussion.

Everyone, please stop by and let me know if you find something useful or maybe have a question related to a post that I can answer.

Mark

thebitbotdotcom, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  10. slymarketing

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for your comments. Actually, I've never used Skype before, but I might have to download it now :)

Please keep me posted when it comes to your blogging buddy service, I'm very interested to be part of it.

And I love the idea of the tractor :)

- Jens

11. slymarketing

Best Answers:
    I'm approving all new members, it just takes a few minutes, and sometimes a few hours (since I live in Norway) :)

You've been approved.

Thanks a lot for joining.

- Jens

12. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sly,

I love the group. I have learned so much from reading other blogs and how they look and feel. I love commenting on blogs that are different from my own. This is what makes blogging interesting. Thank you...it was a great idea.

gvannorman, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  13. slymarketing

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot. I'm going to try to get more people to join, this group is even better than I imagined that it would be :)

By the way, people can join here and I'll approve them as soon as I'm back online:

http://groups.google.com/group/blogbuddy

- Jens

slymarketing, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  14. Brice1088

Brice1088 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree that this blogging buddy idea has really taken off. If you think about it, you could create a site/service for it, and set it up so all sorts of different blogs were put in similar groups so they could help each other (marketing blog, electronics blog, news blog, fashion blog) it just goes on and on. I have certainly already learned some useful stuff just from looking at the different blogs in the google group.

Brice1088, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  15. slymarketing

Best Answers:
    You're right, when we get enough people inside the group we could do this. Commenting on similar blogs as your own / topics will be very helpful when it comes to traffic.

- Jens

slymarketing, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  16. kingt

kingt Peon

Best Answers:
    good job! hope well

kingt, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  17. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When your learning from reading different blogs you are starting to think outside the box. Your using this method to increase your knowledge in your own niche. Does that make since?

gvannorman, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  18. Brice1088

Brice1088 Peon

Best Answers:
    Jens you should probably post the rules for the google group on here, so people know that it's not just a place where you can join and spam all day.

Everyone there is a very specific set of rules on the blog, it is not meant for just putting out 100's of posts about your blog/product all day, it is more of a help group than it is a marketing group. So don't join thinking you can just try to sell people stuff all day, thats not what it's for.

Brice1088, Jun 21, 2010 IP
  19. slymarketing

Best Answers:
    You're right Brice, here are the rules (they might change as we continue developing):

1. Only one request per day (per member).

2. Only quality content allowed. no spam or commercial stuff (i.e. no pages selling something, promoting affiliate deals or with dubious content).

3. Use a descriptive subject line (i.e., the title of the page or post).

4. Include in the body of the email a short description of the blog post.

5. Try to comment on as many incoming requests as possible.

6. No off-topic chat. Only use the mailing list to discuss blog related stuff. There is also no need to reply confirming that you “got” a request. This would increase too much the volume of emails.

If you're interested, you can join right now:

http://groups.google.com/group/blogbuddy

- Jens

slymarketing, Jun 21, 2010 IP
    Brice1088 likes this.
  20. slymarketing

Best Answers:
    I'm thinking about moving Blog Buddy from Google Groups to a Facebook Page. I think that in the long run, that a move like this will be a big benefit to all the members.

For instance, we could add an rss feed to the wall (the first page people will se when they visit), and it will show all the latest blog posts from all the members. And we can add a discussion board, and there are a lot of powerful marketing tools available to get more people to join.

I'd really appreciate some feedback on this :)

-Jens

slymarketing, Jun 24, 2010 IP