1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are your article directory tips?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by 2ct7, Jun 23, 2010.

I have never did an article directory campaign before and would like to hear any ones tips, especially real stories of their experiences and what works and doesn't work.

How many articles do I need? 50? 100?

Do they need to all be unique or can I use them on multiple directory sites?

Should I space them out or submit them all in week or two?

If I hire writers how much should I expect to pay for good quality 300 word articles?

Thanks!

2ct7, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  2. FlightCenter

FlightCenter Peon

Best Answers:
    Great question. There is always a concern of quality vs quantity. Since you do not have to limit yourself to the top 10 directories it is best to spread your link building efforts over a larger spectrum. You should use the list at directorycritic -> articles, and start with the older ones first. If they still exist, they are here for the longhaul. The attrition rate is insane on these new directories, so you will be wasting some time constantly trimming your list, but it's an important process.

FlightCenter, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  3. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    article submission used to work like magic only couple of years ago. google is getting harder and harder over time as they continue to fight sites that are trying to manipulate the ranking. these days you will need to take duplicate content into account so one article submitted to 2000 article directories will not do as good as it did once. you will get some traffic and backlinks but dont expect to get 2000 backlinks form one single mass submission. if you do mass article submission with one single article, then you will have to continue doing it for a while before you can see some result.

best way to do article submission would be to submit one unique article to only a few top article directories. then get another article written, spin it manually (dont trust any automated spinning tool) to generate several unique versions, and then submit to as many other article directories you can.

article submission still works and i myself do a lot of it, you just have to keep doing it and have a system in place to submit to article directories on a regular basis.

dont just use one single method of promotion or link building. for better result, you should be combining various methods

sultanofseo, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  4. nicolebeckett

nicolebeckett Peon

Best Answers:
    Article marketing can be a slow process in the beginning, but it is one that give you rewards for a long time. The articles you publish are capable of getting you traffic for months or even years down the road (even though you should always be publishing fresh, unique content).

Start with 8-10 of the top article directories. See which ones are giving you good results, and narrow down your list. Personally, I submit to 6 or 7 directories on a regular basis.

The number of articles you submit should be steady. For example, if you're comfortable publishing 5 in a week, do it. If you have time to do more, do so. If you publish 50 in a week, and then only 2 the next week, it can look suspicious to the search engines. However, don't publish all of your articles at once. You can wind up competing with yourself, and it can take longer to get everything indexed. Wait at least a day or 2 between submissions to give the search engines time to catch up.

As for hiring writers, you get what you pay for. An article that cost you $1, $2 or even $5 is not going to be good enough. Chances are you will have to rewrite parts of it, or at least fix spelling and grammar mistakes. Remember, the articles you publish are a reflection on you and your business. Make it a good one!! :)

nicolebeckett, Jun 23, 2010 IP
    2ct7 likes this.
  5. daones

daones Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You dont need to worry about how many articles but focus more on the quality, in my opinion if you do a few articles a week that are good quality its probably better then a mass of articles that are low quality, I also suggest doing articles more then 300 words.. 300 words is quite short and you cant cover too much information at least 400-450 would be optimal for an article.

daones, Jun 23, 2010 IP
    2ct7 likes this.