1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best SEO book?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by emil2k, Sep 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEO Tutor©

SEO Tutor© Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes sadly, it is a shame; I can understand why though; apparently good people fear receiving similar ridicule for expressing their real thoughts in a public forum.

The emails continue to arrive; some thanking me for a great tutorial; others providing insight into Aaron's disregard for my position; most are just people saying that it's refreshing to read someone actually having the courage to defend them self simply by stating the truth.

SEO Tutor©, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  2. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Isn't it though? makes you wonder how many of them he's writing himself. He seems to be quite confused about the definition of spam...

minstrel, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  3. minstrel

Best Answers:
    1. maybe the individual was gathering evidence or otherwise checking you out

2. spam apparently works once in a while, despite the low hit rate, which is why people like you keep sending it

minstrel, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  4. SEO Tutor©

SEO Tutor© Peon

Best Answers:
    FYI professor, a couple of emails do not constitute spam; you are twisting and exaggerating the story in order to justify A. Wall's actions and to somehow make your intervention and yourself appear important. I suggest you practice your mind manipulation tactics more; it's not working well for you.

Persisting with your skewed evaluation and endorsement of Aaron Wall's practices doesn't lend much to your credibility and/or your reputation as Mr. Morality. One cannot help but wonder why you continue this line of "reasoning."

Exactly why you so voraciously defend Wall's behavior is very odd, if not suspicious in and of itself.

[​IMG] minstrel: a performer in a minstrel show; an entertainer; a person who tries to please or amuse

5. SEO Tutor©

SEO Tutor© Peon

Best Answers:
    I just noticed that you're now falsely quoting me as Spam Tutor. You would think that someone in your "profession" would be more mature to do such a thing; how utterly tasteless.

Further, a Psychologist, especially one working with children should be fair, honest, with an impartial sensitivity to the individual, as well as having character beyond reproach. However, contrary to these traits you continue to ignore and endorse A. Wall's behavior while condemning mine.

You are obviously a quack; God forbid any child being placed in your "care."

6. Arizona Web Design

Arizona Web Design Guest

Best Answers:
    lmao! I don't know what is funnier, this quote or the fact that the guy actually addressed it.

Listen Tutor Guy, I read this whole thread. You were the first to fling mud "I read your book, and frankly I thought it was way too long and drawn out" [paraphrased] then you got called on it. You increasingly added spite to each of your posts to the point you were calling your "competition" disgusting and calling out basically everybody who responded to this thread. Funny thing is everybody has the same opinion, you spammed this thread and Aaron's blog, and you lost your temper in defending your honor. Probably burned a few bridges too.

Dude seriously, just relax a bit and work your business. Don't flame in forums, people hate that crap. ESPECIALLY when you flame somebody who is popular (as SEO blog rockstar standards go at least). You're throwing yourself into the fire brah. If I were you, I would seriously lay back before trying to attack the biggest, most popular and well received SEO Book on the web. Work your business like a pro and you'll eventually get some traction too.

Arizona Web Design, Sep 19, 2006 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  7. sd2001

sd2001 Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly what he said. Ever have one of those days when nothing you say comes out right? And you just get pummeled for it? It's those days that come to mind when I read through this thread. I don't think you're a bad guy, per se (the unsolicited emails weren't a great move, though) but you're going to have to hold your temper a bit when you're trying to win over a tough crowd. And DP can be a tough crowd, it seems.

I just bought Aaron's book a couple of weeks ago and only tonight sat down and printed it out. I'll be giving him my feedback on it. The reason I bought it was for his blog (which, like someone else pointed out is frequently updated, which is awesome) and for his rep. You sound pretty sure of your skills and your book so if it "walks the walk" like you "talk the talk" then it may just be damn good. But noone is ever going to know it if you piss off your potential clientelle, which just happens to be a bunch of guys on DP that follow everything guys like minstrel and aaron do to the letter.

I don't mean for this post to sound like a lecture or anything, but as a potential consumer for your book (because I'm pretty damn new to SEO) my knee-jerk reaction to this thread is to not bother. However, I'm a "benefit of the doubt" kind of guy and I don't mind paying for something that is worth it (emphasis on "is worth it") so I may pick your book up after I'm done with his. How much is it, anyway?

sd2001, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  8. SEO Tutor©

SEO Tutor© Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the feedback guys; I agree with many of your comments.

Arizona Web Design, for the record, you cut off the rest of my comments which took my original remark out of context. Actually the complete phrase read:
    -- and Aaron didn't "call me on it" -- he thanked me for a viral "tip", then suggested I not use a copyright symbol. Basically the only person doing the "calling" is this minstrel guy. You mention that I "spammed this thread." How does commenting in a thread as a registered member become spam? Are you spamming the thread now? No, you're adding your comments.

sd2001, if telling it like it is "pisses off potential clientele" then so be it -- I'm not going to abandon my principles to appease anyone. And frankly, DP is not where the majority of my potential clients originate; most here are seeking free information -- which I offer generously.

I do however agree with both of you that being emotionally centered, minding one's temper and being professional is better received in the forums and far more representative of a quality product. In the same vein though, not one person in this thread has mentioned the actions of Aaron Wall -- everyone for some odd reason justifies his behavior and only focuses on me.

Perhaps you're both correct though -- in that shouting the truth from top of the rooftops (as it were) may not be the "politically correct" thing to do. Many people are simply not interested in truth and principles anymore; in that respect, I guess I'm just a dinosaur.

sd2001, if you like, you can use a 10% off coupon for purchasing. Paste SEOTutor10off in the coupon box during checkout. Be warned, even though my ebook is for beginners, I don't monkey around with false promises; I shoot straight from the hip and tell it like it is. If you're a man who favors honesty mixed with clarity and simplicity, I think you'd like it.

9. Ramakrishna

Ramakrishna Active Member

Best Answers:
    google web master guide could be the ideal choice

Ramakrishna, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  10. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Aaron has more than proven himself to members here. He was one of the first to ever welcome me, and respond to questions I have had. He has gradually increased popularity thru hard work and understanding ofthe seo business.

Now: if you want to impress members here, then go ahead and outrank him for seo in Google. Believe you me: you won't have to send any unsolicited emails to anyone in order to get business.

Blogmaster, Sep 20, 2006 IP
  11. SEO Tutor©

SEO Tutor© Peon

Best Answers:
    Gee, a Google position trumps answerability.

If I accomplish the above as you suggest, does that mean I can then endanger another person's website operation, falsely call other people spammers for sending a couple of emails, avoid REAL questions and accountability for my actions -- and I'll become an "impressive" person who'll be forgiven by all his buddies who think he's cool?

No thanks.

Besides, I originally penned the ebook for my clients to gain a better understanding of SEO without having to tutor them individually. After several suggestions to take the tutorial public, I relented and the rest is history. I cut my teeth long ago; I'm a writer; I don't need to prove anything to anyone.
    The SEO Tutor© ebook stands very well on its own merits.

SEO Tutor©, Sep 20, 2006 IP
  12. sd2001

sd2001 Peon

Best Answers:
    That may be so, but for every person that posts, you can pretty much quarantee there is at least 20 reading. That can add up. I'm not going to tell you what to do, though. Just offering some "devil's advocacy."

Personally, I couldn't give a crap what or how either of you say what you say. As an end user, all I care about is the product I recieve. But I'm pretty sure that I'm a rarity. Perception goes a long way and, like it or not, much of what happens on forums like DP tend to creep out.

I don't think it's as much that as it is picking your fights. Sometimes the best move is walking away.

But hey, what do I know? You guys have at each others' throats for all I care. Whatever floats your collective boats.

'Preciate that. And don't worry. You don't have to sell me rainbows and kitten farts. I'm a big boy. :)

sd2001, Sep 20, 2006 IP
  13. SEO Tutor©

SEO Tutor© Peon

Best Answers:
    sd2001, very well spoken and you can be sure it was well received.

You'd make a good teacher and role model. [​IMG]

14. minstrel

Best Answers:
    That's incorrect.

So now you're an expert in psychology, too? :confused:

You need to learn to do your research more carefully. First, I am "minstrel" here - not a psychologist. Second, I am not a child psychologist and I do not work with children, except my own in the capacity of a parent.

Incidentally, I don't send unsolicited commercial email (aka spam) to clients or prospective clients.

minstrel, Sep 20, 2006 IP
  15. Arizona Web Design

Arizona Web Design Guest

Best Answers:
    Dude, you're doing it again. I don't remember Aaron dragging you through the mud so hard... he called you out for spamming which was true. Sending unsolicited emails IS spam. That's exactly what you did, man up.

Rankings speak louder than eBooks. If somebody asks you to prove you know what you are talking about and you have to convince them in any other way besides how well you have ranked websites for various terms, you are going to look like one of those fools in our industry that sells snake oil.
    Then stop spamming and trying to prove to people how good it is. A book that stands by it's own merits is handed from friend to friend and spreads like a virus. An author who constantly must defend his work will rarely get a single read because people assume the book stinks.

Either way, I am bowing out of this thread. I feel like I am banging my head into a wall over and over here.

I hope a magical angry troll soon comes my way to sell me some beautiful rainbows and delicious kitten farts.

Arizona Web Design, Sep 20, 2006 IP
  16. werty78

werty78 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello all, I guess it is for me to chime in with my side of the story if anyone wants it:

I would say I was more amused then pissed off but anyhow:

I get spam everyday, I was amused by yours because it is direct competition to a book that my friend sells. Also it was a free offer, but asked that I leave feedback or better yet a review or testimonial.

I thought Aaron should know that you were spamming people that posted comments on his blog, so I forwarded him the email.

As far as reading your ebook, I did not. I did go to the page and hit the download button, but after I saw that it was an .exe file (in the save as menu) I decided to abort it. At least in my experience I would have downloaded your book had it been in PDF format because AFAIK those are usually just pdf files, whereas a exe could be virtually anything, especially since I do not qualify unsolicited emails as a trust worthy source.

werty78, Sep 20, 2006 IP
  17. SEO Tutor©

SEO Tutor© Peon

Best Answers:
    Man, this is really gay -- I feel like I'm being attacked by a bunch of angry women. Are you 3 for real? Look, go try to make yourselves useful somewhere; I've got work to do; I've more than covered this issue; you want to condone this crap and wimp out on Aaron's conduct, go ahead.

For the record, werty, you're a liar; Firefox only shows, as does IE, that the download is a zip file. Please call Aaron immediately to discuss in more detail.

18. moneymakingguru

moneymakingguru Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dun see the point in fighting for something that is not really his.. for example, this thread for a start!!

moneymakingguru, Sep 20, 2006 IP
  19. minstrel

Best Answers:
    And I for one strongly encourage you to go and do it. :D

minstrel, Sep 20, 2006 IP
  20. SEO Tutor©

SEO Tutor© Peon

Best Answers:
    Man, people must tell you all the time that you're a little pest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.