1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to write better?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by xprtwalk, Jun 3, 2010.

1. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Really, haven't laughed so hard for several days. I can't begin to thank you Perry - you made my day.

@Kraven2 - excellent suggestion. We mustn't hide this incredible gem . Perry is a rare thing - let the world see the rolling eyes and poetic(and of course, very very original and creative) posts.

WebBuddy, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  2. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    No need to keep thanking me, honey. You, along with the other noobs who spread misinformation for the new members here have already made my day.

What? ... You want a warm hug, or something?

Sincerely,
    A Rare Thing

Perry Rose, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  3. WebBuddy

Best Answers:
    Well, at least I'll sleep with a peaceful mind today. I turned the biggest abuser and name-caller of the forum into thing hugging-kissing "Rare Thing". At least I helped one insane person. Gives me so much of inner peace...

Okay, Perry you can continue with these nonsensical (yet very amusing) musings of yours. I have neither the time nor the energy to waste. An occasional taste of entertainment is good, but unlike you , we are not feeding off our wives' earnings ... so let me do and learn something more constructive. Meet you sometime on another abuse spree of yours. Till then, keep up your good work.

WebBuddy, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  4. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
  5. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hurt my feelings? That would fall into the Science Fiction category. For you to hurt my feelings, I would first have to care about anything you say, and since I do not, you can't. :D

This being said I agree with you on one thing: Back on track with this post, so no more cheap abuse from you as well Perry, after all you got to practice what you preach!

Kraven2, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  6. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    There there, kid. You'll be alright. Next time think before posting.

Though I highly doubt that is possible.

You want a hug also?

Another source you can check out:
    http://www.writersdigest.com/WriteBetterCategory/

And don't forget to check out similar sites as this one also.

I would also suggest buying a highlighter and paperclips, and study all of those pages, along with those books.

Act like you are back in school, studying.

It cannot replace a writing class, but it is next to the best thing.

For a goal, buy a calendar, and circle a date six months later. Hopefully, by that time, you are just about ready to go.

7. Hallofwords

Hallofwords Member

Best Answers:
    As so many of the others have said you need to study. I would start with sentence structure and grammar. Sentences like the one above will make it very hard for anyone to take you serious. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just trying to help. The sentence above should read "I want to learn how to write better."

Anyway find a book somewhere on English sentence structure and grammar. Learning those two things will take time, but will be so worth it.

Hallofwords, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  8. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Hallof words for ignoring the P idiot, and making a very intelligent and beneficial posting.

You mentioned grammar and sentence structure. Fortunately grammar can be helped almost automatically by software on something when not writing in a forum, but for a client.
    Sentence structuring in its true sense is learned by writers of long sales copy, but only about 40% (at best) of article writers. It may be easily to structure one individual sentence but to structure sentences and pargraphs together requires extreme learning and then practice.

-----------------------------------thanks for your contribution and have a great day-----------------------------------------------

dyadvisor, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  9. chris0009

chris0009 Member

Best Answers:
    Nice thread some great tips shared ...

chris0009, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  10. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    The most important thing to do if you want to learn to write well is to *read*. And read *lots*.

And here's a little trick - it sounds silly, but when you are proof-reading your work, if you read it out aloud, you will very quickly spot any grammatical errors in a way that you may not just by reading it in your mind.

contentboss, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  11. mjtaylor

mjtaylor Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent point. Lots of excellent pointers in this thread.

Thank you. ;)

Some are, some aren't. Like any field.

You have so many good ideas, Perry, clearly a lot to offer. However, when you are rude to people it makes them and everyone else less likely to listen. I think you want to help people or you wouldn't take the time to participate. Here's hoping you really do.

mjtaylor, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  12. johagulo

johagulo Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the best thing that you can do to improve your English is to make sure that you read more and more content. Make sure that you read English novels such as PG Woodhouse as much of the grammar that is printed in such books would be very beneficial.

johagulo, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  13. WebBuddy

Best Answers:
    PG Wodehouse books are great, but most of the language is so old-school and "Victorian" that most people would not be able to identify with it. Anyways, they are a great place to start ! I would also suggest good newspapers and journals as well as works of contemporary writers both in print as well as on Internet.

WebBuddy, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  14. lostpoet

lostpoet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Point is, just start reading well-written and professionally edited material. Read what you enjoy, it will help you read more. And soon you will see the difference in your writing and editing skills.

lostpoet, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  15. xprtwalk

xprtwalk Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear members, Thanks for sharing your views here, I would surely keep these things in mind while writing. But explain or explore your views in just a civilized manner and that would help the others also to move on the right track. If you want to help others, just tell the best ways you think and it will surely help to improve skills and knowledge, and don't show you over-smart, because everyone has a father.

Your views are valuable for the other members, so please always try to share your knowledge and don't Moranity.

xprtwalk, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  16. xprtwalk

xprtwalk Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure I will try to include these effects and hope it would effect on writing well.

17. xprtwalk

xprtwalk Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya doing more practice as getting feedback from you members.

18. TravelNut

TravelNut Peon

Best Answers:
    Couple of simple tips: read what you write out loud so you can 'hear' what you are writing; proof read from bottom right to top left (backwards) to catch simple errors you mind skips

TravelNut, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  19. xprtwalk

xprtwalk Peon

Best Answers:
    What would be better to use such hard, typical and literature word in writing and something where everybody have to focus a lot to understand. Another go for simple but interesting. What would be better.

20. magicman85

magicman85 Peon

Best Answers:
    i know the answer just start writing the more you practice the better you get

magicman85, Jun 17, 2010 IP