1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get Anyone banned from AdSense...

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by mvandemar, Sep 19, 2006.

1. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The link is to nowhere. Did you read the article...? What makes you think they have a solution?

-Michael

mvandemar, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  2. sd2001

sd2001 Peon

Best Answers:

I was an English major so I know a thing or two about satire. Your post was just dumb. If you want to raise a mature level of awareness about a subject, then post about with at least some level of maturity.

sd2001, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  3. drhyperlaur

drhyperlaur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    drhyperlaur, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  4. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    Until the Pub-ID is encrypted and tied to a domain or IP or something, this will not and can not be stopped.

What gets me is that yahoo says not to worry, their system deals with it fine and publishers will not be punished or accused of fraud by an automated email triggerd by an automated system. They use humans.

noppid, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  5. EasyMarketer

EasyMarketer Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dont post crap like that man, You were Lucky you ran across it dont go telling everyone ;)

EasyMarketer, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  6. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    See, I think both of those posts are much worse than mine... they were actually serious. "Lucky" I ran across it? So, I should save the exploit for myself instead of exposing it? Am I the only one who gives a damn about their karma....? :p

-Michael

iowadawg likes this.
  7. WeRASkitzzo

WeRASkitzzo Peon

Best Answers:
    This only accounts for you finding that page. What if you don't notice it? On top of that, why should you be the one trying to prevent fraud in THEIR system? They don't give you any tools, and offer nothing that even resembles a legitimate course of action should your account be banned. Sure they offer an appeal form but I have yet to read where someone's first appeal is accepted and according to the email they send back no other appeals will be accepted.

WeRASkitzzo, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  8. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hey drhyp... did they really mention something in their email along the lines that you should be the one policing the whole internet for abuse of their system? Could you post the exact snippet from the email here? That'd make great blog material.

Thanks. :D

-Michael

9. Crazy4Bass

Crazy4Bass Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    UGH! If you had $100k stashed in your house would you get on the internet and post your address and the fact that you have a $100k in your house and that you never lock your doors? I doubt it. That's all this post amounts to.

As a previous poster said, you might have been trying to be funny but you didn't articulate that at all.

Crazy4Bass, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  10. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wtf are you talking about? That analogy sucks!

If I kept my money in a bank, and I found out that the bank kept all of mine and everyone else's money in coffee cans buried in someone's backyard, then hell yeah I'd tell people about it! What the hell does what you said have to do with Google allowing people to exploit their system, putting innocent trusting webmasters at risk of losing their hard earned cash?

Do you have any clue whatsoever what happens when G bans your account? What your recourses are? What percentage of your earnings you can lose?

-Michael

11. Crazy4Bass

Crazy4Bass Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow.. someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Take a chill pill dude.

Crazy4Bass, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  12. WeRASkitzzo

WeRASkitzzo Peon

Best Answers:
    See to me its more like taking $100K putting it in the bank, then finding out that the bank doesn't lock THEIR doors and calling the local TV station's "You Paid for It" or "6 on your Side" show. Its exposing a problem that has gotten little to no "real press" and in fact COULD end up costing investors money when this problem is addressed and google loses all that extra income.

Edit: I didn't see Mvandemar's post but I still like my analogy better lol.

WeRASkitzzo, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  13. andheresjohnny

andheresjohnny Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting how different people can have a different take on the exact same passage.

As I read this post I interpreted it as some sort of sarcasm. After I read the article, in my mind the poster intended his introduction to be a humorous slam against Google and how they police Adsense.

I wonder how many people really do get banned through the actions of another. It seems to me that it would be alot of work.

The point in that article that I find most alarming is that bannings might be occurring programmatically. I never really thought of that. I've read enough threads on this board to know that getting reinstated is tough.

Is it also true that even if you are reinstated, you still lose your accumulated earnings? That would really suck, especially if you were banned because you innocently got caught in some program's filter.

andheresjohnny, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  14. drhyperlaur

drhyperlaur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i deleted the email after reading it, sorry

they didn't recommend any tool, they just stated that if i see my ads on sites i don't want all i have to do is report them and they'll stop showing...

now for the rest of you who complain that Adsense doesn't provide enough tools: imagine they gave all the information about the way they track clicks, used software and etc... i bet that in less than a month all the system would ruin because of users finding "backdoors" in the code

even with this "secretly" procedures some users manage to trick the Adsense program...

for me, it's ok to know as few info as needed as long as they play fair.

drhyperlaur, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  15. Obelia

Obelia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They don't need to do that to solve the first problem, of other people being able to put your pub-id up on their dodgy sites. All they would need to do would be to allow you tools to define which domains your Adsense is allowed on, and only credit clicks from those domains. This could be so easy to implement, I'm surprised it isn't done already.

Obelia, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  16. TCR

TCR Peon

Best Answers:
    First off: It is old news. Nothing new.

Second: Only a child or seriously disturbed person would do that to someone else. But then again, the internet is full of them.

TCR, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  17. int_josh

int_josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Same here.....

int_josh, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  18. tyggemannen

tyggemannen Guest

Best Answers:
    "Quote:
    Google should do something to mask the Pub-ID fron the source code... Why do they have to keep that so openly.. it should indeed a secret code...

They don't need to do that to solve the first problem, of other people being able to put your pub-id up on their dodgy sites. All they would need to do would be to allow you tools to define which domains your Adsense is allowed on, and only credit clicks from those domains. This could be so easy to implement, I'm surprised it isn't done already."

Bidvertizer is doing this already. G should also do it.

tyggemannen, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  19. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, someone should patent the process of tying a domain name to an account number, then sue G for using it once they wise up. :p

-Michael

20. amaze

amaze Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes this is a major hole. I'm sure many people will be or have been getting wrongly banned by these methods. Harsh but true and something google should of thought of at inception.

Anyone feel they have been wrongly banned with methods like this?

amaze, Sep 19, 2006 IP