1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The return of Slavery

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Kraven2, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly right, SEO ( getting the person to the site ) is Kraven2´s job :). The written article is still the tool getting the google software to display the correct high-paying keyword, which makes the article worth a very high price.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
    Blue Star Ent., Jun 15, 2010 IP
  2. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    See? There are folks that understand what I do :D

Kraven2, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  3. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely correct!

Here are a couple more tidbits, as to why quality is so important, along with SEO.

1. Over half of the articles that a readers starts reading are never finished.
    2. Now if your article is highly indexed for keyword phrases that are commonly entered Google keeps your listing, otherwise many of your articles get dropped.
    3. Here is an easy, sometimes shocking way to see the good and the bad. Using Google you will see other places picking up your article or even a phrase you never new existed. The bad, if you submit 12 articles to a directory, if they are not top , thens listing may drop off until maybe 3 are left..
    4. Try this on Google: Articles Fname Lname ---enter (all will not be yours) now even try a code name like dyadvisor, There is a lot missing and a lot appearing you did not know about.
    ----------------so tell clients, unless their articles are high enough quality, Google starts dropping them off. Then they must depend on other readers to discover their treasure---A good writer develops the traffic, poorly written pieces leech off the good ones----------------------

dyadvisor, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  4. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Amen to that!

Kraven2, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  5. MarTh-

MarTh- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wish that there is more information about how to do article marketing THE RIGHT WAY, dyadvisor is ambitious but to teach enough writers in the freelance market to make the whole market more profitable with high quality content that's near impossible to do alone. Imo if dyadvisor or another very knowledgable article marketer teaches you how to do things correctly teach 2 or 3 people what you have learned

MarTh-, Jun 15, 2010 IP
    Blue Star Ent. likes this.
  6. Blue Star Ent.

Best Answers:

That is a great suggestion. Share the wealth. It keeps the buzzards from flying around your head, and you get more friends to boot.

Blue Star Ent., Jun 15, 2010 IP
  7. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sadly it seems to attract an other type of " Buzzards" though. The jealous and washed up type starting with the letter P

Kraven2, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  8. Blue Star Ent.

Best Answers:
    Here is another example of someone willing to work for beans, they say they are a "professional" writer. LINK

Blue Star Ent., Jun 16, 2010 IP
  9. MarTh-

MarTh- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $0.01 per word is pretty common actually, OP was mentioning $1/250-500 words or working full time for $300/month

MarTh-, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  10. armiantz

armiantz Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe we hit a nerve here....could it be that outsourcing is the new pc term for slavery? kiddiiiing! put down your pitchforks guys :)

But really those people who pay outrageously low rates soon find out that there is a huuuuuge difference in the quality of the articles. Most of them need to be rewritten because of the terrible grammar. So Maybe they are paying low rates because they just need crappy articles to spam the net with.

armiantz, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  11. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well to quote from that thread
    Which means he is doing it on the side. Hardly a professional writer IMO ;)

Kraven2, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  12. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, I have nothing against a low standard of $ 0.01 per word. As stated I still take on the occasional $ 0.01 per word job if I decide the order is worth it(Which means easy to write up and be done with it). In short, easy and fast assignments I do not charge the jackpot for. When clients want fully researched, Well optimized for SEO stuff, now THEN I charge, and charge well, as that is an expensive service. On the other hand I do show that type of client why it is expensive and how he can turn that expense into a profit also.

Kraven2, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  13. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Put down your pitchforks? You are on the wrong post. It should be pick up a giant net, and give then a baptism or religious or mind re-awakening in the ocean. People that do not want to learn will slowly burn.

I can hear the machines rumbling way over here in America. In the sweat-shops it should be ear shattering. The volcano is already exploding. I cannot or anyone else save the world. Thank goodness I am not going to stand there and melt.

What does it take some people to learn? If you gave them a $7.00 spinner program, they still would not be any smarter.-----nor should they be on this part of the forum----

It is dollars, not pennies. All my pennies and nickels, and dimes get thrown in a jar for charity to feed children in America-----------------------------

dyadvisor, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  14. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pitchforks? this is the digital age, although there is something to be said about the good old tar and feathers :D

Kraven2, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  15. Webdevloper1

Webdevloper1 Active Member

Best Answers:
  16. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a feeling that links from other forums are not allowed, though I have nothing against WF.
    Btw, it's refreshing to see a real, mature conversation going on over there and it's nice how people are actually analyzing this very perplexing issue ;) . A far cry from the amateurish behavior that we've being seeing recently on this forum.

IMO , these bottom-of-the-barrel rates have nothing to do with the location. I think the main reasons are:
    - the writer undervalues himself/herself
    - doesn't know where to find better work
    - most people start out at lower rates and later find it difficult to raise the bar.

PS: I can show you 2 very very good writers (one of whom writes exceptionally well) working at rates of $2/300 words. I may also add here that both of them are from the US. :cool:

WebBuddy, Jun 26, 2010 IP
  17. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    it's the job of the mods to moderate a forum. For some reason, they don't seem to care that there's a *seriously* weird person trying to crash every thread, and spread their filth on here. I wonder if the *owner* of the forum knows what's happening. That one of his most prolific posters ranks really highly for some *really* nasty keyphrases.

contentboss, Jun 26, 2010 IP
  18. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    WEBDEVELOPER1

You were told before your thoughts do not fit in. NOW you are promoting a different forum. Please go back where you belong, or do you need your head and other postings dissected also.

You have added nothing, and this discussion had already ended, until you wanted an ego boost of your stupidity.

Quit promoting other forums, and take your pal BJ Perry with you.

Both of you love cruising, the internet, and taking topics off track. The only thing that gets learned is your bad history. We do not want sick perverted people or those trying to spoil or resurrect a dead thread.

dyadvisor, Jun 26, 2010 IP
  19. Webdevloper1

Best Answers:
    hell.
    I am promoting different forum?where you live on earth?(i think you live on planet 9, alien?) allen will laugh with this comment whole day. OMG :D :D

I belong to DP & not have even took participation in mentioned thread,just browsing that forum & find something better to say in this forum.
    oh really?
    I thought i am the only person who was defending of my point of view.it seems you should read the whole thread from the start. :D
    You are attacking me in very bad words. thats against forum rules.if i have done anything wrong let mods remove the link.
    I have just tried to add value to this thread for some sick & noob persons like you.
    grow up.you are in the world of competition,instead of complaining of low wages face it or leave it. :D

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
    Webdevloper1, Jun 27, 2010 IP
  20. Webdevloper1

Best Answers:
    dats fine but i think rates of $2/300 words for person in US is slave wages isnt it?

Webdevloper1, Jun 27, 2010 IP