1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the best amazon affiliate script

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by webspider20, Jun 14, 2010.

I am looking for an amazon affiliate script. I am open to all ideas, but I want to start making more money with amazon than I am currently. i am barely making anything right now

webspider20, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  2. Blogfiliate

Blogfiliate Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are a bunch of scripts out there. Don't look for the software to be the magic silver bullet. How are you selling? Do you blog? Are you offering things you actually use yourself and believe in?

Blogfiliate, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  3. webspider20

webspider20 Member

Best Answers:
    I blog, but what i am kinda looking for is something that looks like an astore, but better designed and looking. I blog and that is where i will link to the page which contains the store script.

4. Blogfiliate

Blogfiliate Greenhorn

Best Answers:
  5. webspider20

webspider20 Member

Best Answers:
    exactly, I want something to look like that but with items coming from amazon. i want something where I add all the categories and some special products to list and then it puts them in place. I want something easy

6. Blogfiliate

Blogfiliate Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    All of those items do come from Amazon. As far as easy goes, the script I built for myself does not auto-populate product. It may work for others, but that kind of system has never worked for me. I create sites with items I use and know. That's what works for me.

Over the weekend I modified my script to include offers from Shopzilla/BizRate advertisers. It's working pretty good and I should have it up and running this week.

7. DailyCashSaver

DailyCashSaver Active Member

Best Answers:
    Cant you start your own amazon store for free pretty easy with amazon?

DailyCashSaver, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  8. Blogfiliate

Blogfiliate Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, absolutely. However, there are a few issues with using the Amazon aStore system. First, they only allow it to be hosted on their domain, so you have very limited control. Second, the only way to use it on your own site is within a frame page or iframe. If you're a blogger, this sucks because it prevents you from linking directly to an item in your own store. I created a small template page hack to get around this problem, but still gave up on it because having to manage your site in two different consoles is a PITA!

9. webspider20

webspider20 Member

Best Answers:
    that is right. i have been running a few astores and they suck as far as conversions go, that is why I am looking for a good script to use.

Blogfiliates: Your site is looking good. That is what I would like my site to be like with by blog in the background and the store being the homepage. how hard was it to get your script up and running? What would you charge for your script?

10. Blogfiliate

Blogfiliate Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My script is a pretty standard WordPress plugin. Although I have not commercialized it or allowed anyone else to use it, it only takes a few seconds to install. You simply upload to plugins, activate and click an install link.

It's not a simple script. It's nearly 20k lines of code and adds 8 tables to your standard WordPress database. It works with any WP template you want to use and will connect to any WP page name you give it. That way you can make it your home page or a sub-page.

Products are imported via an AJAX search interface to Amazon. You simply enter a search and go shopping. When you click an Amazon item, it gets imported into the database and a review page is created automatically with Amazon reviews loaded as comments to the post. Your job is to complete the review with your own cometary and the publish it (or leave it draft). A scheduler is available to drip feed your reviews on schedule. That way you can do a month's worth of reviews and then leave it unattended.

The design setup is based on a pod system. There are HTML pods, category pods, featured item pods, product pods and latest blog post pods. You can mix and match them in any order you like to create a unique page layout.

The plugin does its own SEO for category and product pages, and plays nice with AIOSEO. I have not tried it with others, cuz AIOSEO is the only one I use.

I have about 50 blogs with my plugin installed, and all but 3-4 are making pretty good money.

11. junior3701

junior3701 Member

Best Answers:
    Google loves wordpress, so I recommend that, then you can optimize your site with an Amazon plugin (see my signature). PM me to see it in action

junior3701, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  12. freshdevelopment

freshdevelopment Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I love the way this works - so you get all the amazon information then the chance to rewrite it and add your own info before publishing. It is a cool idea getting all the reviews in the comments (with products on a lot of reviews, this duplicate content could start to outweigh the unique content tho). Does it update the product prices, images etc. in your blog post?

freshdevelopment, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  13. Blogfiliate

Blogfiliate Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Fresh,

Sorry I didn't see your post until now. I've been working like crazy on a new IM book. BTW, I've been keeping an eye on your new product. Very impressive. It's what BANS should have been. Hat's off... great job.

To answer your questions, yes, all content is pulled into and managed across 8 custom tables. The blogger has 100% control over all content except pricing and images. The catalog itself is not based on posts/pages. For reviews and product-in-a-post, a short code is used, so the necessary data is dynamic. The plugin is designed to work with any WP theme.

The benefit of my plugin over your site builder is that you can add it to an existing blog in a matter of minutes. The benefit that I see with your tool is that you offer really nice templates that make a sweet looking site.

Did you see that Ben Johnson launched his Niche Site Platform?

db

Blogfiliate, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  14. freshdevelopment

freshdevelopment Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,

Thanks for the great feedback! We are building up quite a community now and its moving very quickly... so much to do and so little time haha

Looks like what your doing is very good and hope it is work well for you. There are a few Amazon wordpress plugins but they all seem to be built with selling in mind (i.e. eye catching features) instead of being actually made to work, which is what yours seems to do because its for you primarily. Good luck with it and let me know if you want any advice :)

I tend not to pay much attention to other IM's (I don't have the time) so not sure who Ben Johnson is, but will check out his product.

freshdevelopment, Aug 23, 2010 IP