1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The return of Slavery

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Kraven2, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here is something to think on. It is not my idea :
    • If you want something good and cheap, it’s not going to be fast.
    • If you want something fast and good, it’s not going to be cheap.
    • If you want something cheap and fast, it’s not going to be good.

Blue Star Ent., Jun 14, 2010 IP
  2. Webdevloper1

Webdevloper1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ya Working Ford is better then Crap nonworking Porsche.
    Again my point is related to the wrong comment "SLAVE"
    Its not a proper word to use.when pay is attractive.

Webdevloper1, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  3. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    In that case we disagree on what is considered attractive it seems.

Kraven2, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  4. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Webdeveloper1 When you complimented Contentboss you did not even know what you were talking about. "Hamburger Writer" is my phrase, I termed in another post. This refers to writers than do make over $10 and look down at those below them, and hate seeing others above them.

I have been writing 20 years professionally, but there have been many steps along the way. Country has nothing to do with this. Why then am I am helping a person in India and one in Pakistan. They just need a little assistance to help themselves climb up. I am only providing the ladder.
    Any person in any country can do likewise. India has beautiful luxury condos, apparently everybody there does not believe your crap. Your talk is what holds them back. Blue State Ent. said perfectly, "there is nothing wrong to better your lifestyle." We personally cannot change this forum, but can with unified action make it clear that we want people that want to learn, people that want to share, and people that want to share their success journey.

The depressed, the bloodsuckers, the moochers, and the beggars do not belong in this part. As long as my health permits, that is what I am committed to. I want to help people pass barricades, deadends, and roadblocks so they can help themselves a little easier.

-----------If you do not like this attitude, which is now becoming the majority, I suggest webdeveloper1 that you lead your band of beggars elsewhere. It is a tough world yet it is also a world of opportunity, take your choice of direction----------------------------------

dyadvisor, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  5. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nailed on the head. Couldn't be stated better. Thanks DY

WebBuddy, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  6. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    This is correct, it's a Dyadvisor term! He first used it, as I recall, when referring to a certain 'thread crasher' who claimed to make money from writing, but who obviously never got paid more than the cost of a hamburger for his 'work'. Rather succinct, I'd say!!

contentboss, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  7. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Damnit! will you guys cut it out with the blasted Hamburgers???? I am already way to fat as it is and you are making me hungry again LMAO!

Kraven2, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  8. Webdevloper1

Best Answers:
    Ya would have expected this in better words.
    Ya i know you will never understand my Point of view but never expected these words.& because of these beggars you are in trouble as they have ruined your market.But remember they are not beggars But they are competitors.
    I have already told twice, thrice & repeating again pay or salary is a relative term.dont mix it with your salary or pay.
    So From the start i am fighting only for the wrong words OP has used "SLAVERY" dats completely wrong.

9. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Would exploiting suit you better? Or talking advantage off? Or abusing? Or ripping off, or cheating out off?

You ask we deliver :)

Kraven2, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  10. Webdevloper1

Best Answers:
    To whom i have done this?
    i have abused?
    i have ripped off?
    i have cheated?
    Do you know the exact meaning of all of these terms as i would like to know.
    Anyways i am Ending My part of discussion as i have already told what i wanna.

Again Some of My thoughts:
    $300 to $500 is attractive pay in 3rd world country including India(you can live decent life here with this pay)
    We usually hire native English speakers(usually from India) (Again India is 2nd largest English speaking countries)
    We Pay Decent payment to the writers.(Now can you judge what this Decent is?)

I agree that
    $500 is slave pay for Any US person but at the same time its attractive pay in 3rd world.(take it from BPO industry, they hire people at this rate which is very attractive)

I disagree
    With the term used "SLAVE" by the OP for this pay(3rd world)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  11. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Underpaying, for full labor(Full time remember?) is abuse, due to the lack of decent compensation
    Underpaying them for pennies on the dollar is ripping of in my book, yes
    Cheating them out of decent pay by taking up all their time(Full time remember?) for pennies on the dollar.

Am I to understand you are okay with exploiting and taking advantage off, since you haven't addressed those?

Of course I can boil it all down to one single term: SLAVE WAGES, and yes they do piss me off.

Kraven2, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  12. Webdevloper1

Best Answers:
    Dats what you are thinking..
    Even you are underpaid by thousands of writers Dat doesnt mean that someone is abusing you.or is it like that? ($5/500 word is product of your brain,which is said to be decent.)
    Somewhere you have quoted that you earn 3k/month.its nothing in US.But i am paying $500 which is dam attractive pay in India,may be they cant write as good as you But at least they write "WELL RESEARCHED ARTICLES"
    Now Think twice who is abusing & who is being abused.
    You should sell your book on amazon or on CB, at least i will buy that.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  13. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    First of all I never said I make $3k I said add another 0 to your 300 to come a little closer to my income. There is a difference.

Second: Here we have the problem "WELL RESEARCHED ARTICLES" research takes time,time costs money, and if your underpaid writers had any sense at all they would see that, and run! As was stated here some content buyers think only the writing costs money, which simply is not true. On the other hand your definition from well researched may be entirely different then mine.

As for me selling books, who knows maybe someday, when I can be arsed to take the time to write one :D

For now the knowledge is in my head, serving me well, and those that want a piece of it will have to hire me instead of buying a book :D

Kraven2, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  14. johagulo

johagulo Peon

Best Answers:
    According to me I also believe that many of the content writers are also the blame as they're willing to take up jobs that are cheap. For instance they would rather earn three dollars for 500 words rather than to wait for some good opportunity to come along.

johagulo, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  15. Webdevloper1

Best Answers:
    Do your math man dats basic stuff.

Ya according to your posts its quite different.(but its really well researched lol :D) according to my post (or say in my book :D) you are underpaid as per country standard.(assuming you are in US)

Plz Let me know.. just pm me. i would like to read that one.(i will not ask for review copy :D).

Anyways Thanks For all taking participation in this Great Thread.
    We have seen many Good points, Great Discussion & i really enjoyed the Experience(though still not agree with OP).

16. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:

Absolutely, as I and others also stated in this thread. In fact in another threads I called them idiots, which may be harsh, but the truth nevertheless.

Kraven2, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  17. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why? I already know what I make monthly :D

Wrong again. I am not a US citizen I live in the Netherlands

And.................thank you for playing, do come again :D

Kraven2, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  18. DreamingBig

DreamingBig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If I plan on hiring someone I bump the prices up to .02 per word. I literally split half. I edit the articles and make sure that all of them pass copyscape. I take home .01 per word while they also take home .01 per word.

DreamingBig, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  19. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Would you agree that if a person is not allowed to own anything, simply because they are under the oppression of other people, that this could be a proper definition of "slavery" ?

Blue Star Ent., Jun 14, 2010 IP
  20. DreamingBig

DreamingBig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lol, I would love to get $20 for a 500 word article but it's hard finding people to buy at that price.

DreamingBig, Jun 14, 2010 IP