1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The return of Slavery

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Kraven2, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Webdevloper1

Webdevloper1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    We are not forcing anybody.

I just dont know why you are thinking like they are falling for it when they have decent lifestyle.

Ya i will repeat that Indian story as that what my point is.:D
    You mean decent rates $5/500 words right? Go to other forums you will find that many writers are charging $20/article. does that mean you are slave?
    Certainly not, as you are earning decent amount for your lifestyle & i bet you are not going to work for $5 for 500 words as you will kick or force your current clients to increase the rates.
    Thats what my point is.

Webdevloper1, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  2. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lowballing content buyers in general, and if you do so as well, you are part of the problem, I was not attacking you personally :)

Simple, today it is $ 1 for 500 words, that brings down the value of the market as a whole, so to compete other writers will lower their rates, and next thing you know those Indian writers will be working for $ 0.50 per 500 words to remain competitive. It is a downwards spiral.

Like I said I am in the position to just say no, and I always have, but not all writers have that luxury. As I said in the OP I remember where I came from.
    Not at all, I have $ 20 per article jobs as well. In fact I have on occasion written $ 150 articles through constant-content.com But those are entirely different types of articles, than are bought and sold over here in the content creation forum. They have an entirely different purpose as well, so they can not be compared.

In short I charge for articles, based on what type they are and what they are for, taking into account the amount of research involved, the time it takes to write it, and that leads to a price.

The type we are discussing in this thread is the run of the mill SEO stuff, I can whip out in 15 minutes. That is the $5 per 500 quality. It is still unique, it still has perfect grammar, but little to no research.
    Not entirely sure what you mean by that remark, but if you are suggesting I do not take $ 5 per 500 jobs any longer, you are wrong. It depends on the type of writing, and yes I still have plenty of clients paying that rate, but the amount of clients paying more for a much higher quality article is increasing steadily.

Kraven2, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  3. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    There will *always* be a market for well-written, carefully researched and captivating articles.

No matter how low the hamburger writers go.

contentboss, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  4. Webdevloper1

Best Answers:
    Again telling you that 3k is not at all attractive pay in US(though i am not from US,i do have many friends in US).But $500 is attractive pay in India. believe it or not.
    again not attacking you as well.

This is what you have said somewhere about $1/100 word is decent.(i have never said that its decent)

thats really good.

I would prefer news & knowledge worthy well researched article even if you make one or two grammar mistakes.
    article without knowledge, its for search engines & not for humans.

You got me right, dats what my intention on commenting that.

5. Webdevloper1

Best Answers:
    Ya completely agree with you contentboss.

6. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you misunderstood me. Let me describe your typical run of the mill SEO assigment at $ 5/500 words:

Client provides me with topic, and the keywords/search phrases he would like included in the article. I do exactly that, write an easy to read article with those keywords/phrases in the right proportions. I do not check if those keywords could be improved, or if there would be better ones for the niche. The client wants, and gets exactly what he wants.

In short, a client who has done his research on the keywords, will still receive a kick ass article for $ 5, the ones that do not, or do not know how, would be better off ordering a different type of article from me, one where I do the thorough research, and create a killer article, that produces results and takes several page one positions. Now, that comes of course at a much higher price then $ 5/500, in fact in such a case I do not even count words at all.

Kraven2, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  7. Webdevloper1

Best Answers:
    You had mentioned "Without research" means that you are expert of that subject,But i always want well researched news & knowledge worthy articles i will not see if you make few grammatical mistakes Nobody is perfect.
    what you are talking @ $5 is not decent article for me if you are writing it without even a small research.
    I now understand that you charge more for well researched article but your $5 article is clearly not a decent article.

8. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Tons of clients beg to differ :)

And once again:

Want the Porsche? Can't have it for the price of a Ford Focus.

Kraven2, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  9. pro.seods

pro.seods Peon

Best Answers:
    Seriously thats what the people here are not understanding. They type ads with demands like 100% unique, well researched, fast turnaround and native writing @ 3$/500 word.

What do they expect? After the disastrous experience they have still they don't learn anything. And advertise the same shit.

pro.seods, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  10. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Amen brotha! thats exactly what I mean! Time for a content buyers awareness course? :D

Kraven2, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  11. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why is that true ? I agree with you, but probably not for the same reason. Those people were slaves because they did not own anything and were not allowed to own anything. Digitally, it is true for a writer who does not own their own site. Online, digitally speaking, they own nothing. In this context, you can get paid $500 dollars per article, but still own nothing and technically still be a slave. Slaves toil to make others rich, but also, they own nothing. Even if a person who is a writer buys a domain, sets up a site of their own, and starts making a profit, the domain is not really theirs. They must keep paying to "rent" it. ( For an offline example, if you have paid off the land you think you own, look on the deed, it says you are the "tenant" , not the owner )

My point is, when people change their mind to actually start owning things and refusing to bow to tyrants, whether they be content buyers here at DP or those who speak for countries, the tyranny ends, and people can enjoy the fruits of their labors again. I am a writer, but as one person stated, it is just the beginning, a first step to bigger things.

Blue Star Ent., Jun 14, 2010 IP
  12. Blue Star Ent.

Best Answers:
    Or a writer´s group here at DP or some other place. I am thinking that a system or site that allows writers to "vote" for the content buyers they like would be nice. Digg has a setup like that. It is easily implemented using the free software named "Pligg".

Kraven2 likes this.
  13. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:

You have the view that response in relation to the post it was meant for. He was giving me a definition of slavery I did not agree with, and used the above as an example.
    Though the south in that period did have slavery there were land owners treating their slaves badly and some treated them fairly. It does not change the fact that they were still slaves, it was just a prime example of why the posters definition was dead wrong.

Other then that I agree with you, but to remain with history. The German occupation in Europe in 1945 was ended and the people liberated, but they did require the help of the allied forces(Government again?) to accomplish it.

So yes the DP tyranny of greedy content buyers should be ended by the writers, with perhaps a little help from the Allied forces?(DP).

Kraven2, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  14. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    EXCELLENT suggestion!!!

(rep added)

Kraven2, Jun 14, 2010 IP
    Blue Star Ent. likes this.
  15. Blue Star Ent.

Best Answers:
    Your "fire" is spreading...

Let´s talk about having a place of our own to make our lives easier...

Thanks for the rep...:cool:

16. Blue Star Ent.

Best Answers:

Or... "arm" the writers themselves with the ability to choose a decent "living wage". No one will be able to make them use their newfound ability, but at least those who do use it can be a beacon to those who want to make more money. With the probable fall of the US dollar, this could be a complete change of destiny.

17. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You mean like a place where buyers and writers could meet, at decent rates, leaving the fluff at the door? Sounds like El Dorado :D

Kraven2, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  18. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Perhaps a quality writers and buyers group at DP? I would not want to take members away from here.

Kraven2, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  19. Blue Star Ent.

Best Answers:
    "No fluff" sounds nice, but a ratings system that low-life hackers or trolls could not infiltrate could be a beginning.

20. Blue Star Ent.

Best Answers:
    Perhaps "falling for it" could better be said "putting up with it". There is nothing wrong with wanting to better your lifestyle.