1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is good unique content percentage for article rewrites?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by MarTh-, Jun 8, 2010.

What is good unique content percentage for article rewrites?
    I'm currently checking article rewriting with UN.CO.VER and am getting about a 30%-50% plagiarized text amount, how much should I shoot for in a basic article rewrite because the buyer has not mentioned this? Thanks

MarTh-, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  2. azteca

azteca Peon

Best Answers:
    85% at least!

azteca, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  3. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends what you are trying to do. If you are trying to hide the fact that you have stolen ('plagiarised') someone else's work, even 90% isn't high enough, because tools like copyscape report down to sub 10% levels on occasion. If, on the other hand, you just want a search engine like Google to regard your spun version of your own article as 'unique', anything over 30% still seems to be doing the business. It's been rising gradually over the years, according to our research.

contentboss, Jun 13, 2010 IP
  4. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    I would agree with contentboss on his well put insights.

The people in this part of the forum using the word Copyspace as a measurement of quality should have their keyboards taken away for two weeks. 100% copyscape does NOT mean quality, it only means passing plagiarism with extremely close wordage. Any quality writer, can take an article that did not pass "Copyscape" and in a few minutes turn it into one that does. Plus many articles use exact wording, and have no penalty imposed. For example, If I used an Edgar Alan Poe or Shakespeare quote in my article as an analogy, so what.

Now all crooked writers can also 100% pass Copyscape with software that I have seen priced as low as $7.00. Now on original content:. 5,500 articles on building bigger Abs, so how is your article going to be above 30% original? Only by adding "fluff". The only time you are truly writing original material is when you are writing about research that you personally developed. So start focusing on one main thing: quality. Right now machines can already write better quality (at about $25 and rapidly dropping) than can 60% of article writers.

OP take my commentary to your buyeR, which I can bACK WITH FURTHER EVIDENCE, IF YOU NEED IT-------------------------------------HOPE THIS HELPS--------------------------

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
    dyadvisor, Jun 13, 2010 IP
    MarTh- likes this.
  5. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bears repeating!

This sort of question always leaves me scratching my head. It's like asking is it OK to steal the necklace if I don't take the bracelet and earrings too?

YMC, Jun 13, 2010 IP
  6. MarTh-

MarTh- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Helpful informative post +rep but strongly disagree that machines can do better quality article rewriting than the majority of article writers. What rewrite program are you talking about in this case? I've only come across very cheap article rewriting software with poor quality.

A weird twist to the article rewrites I am doing is they are being turned into forum thread starting discussions, they need to be considered to be unique by search engines even though it's obvious plagarism. I am wondering if you have some suggestion for my work it is: drugstalks.com and all the 100-250 threads are minor rewrites of articles, if someone could check one of the threads out and tell me if it will be effective for search engine unique content check in your opinion that would be very helpful because I know it's seriously borderline as is.

It is at a bit dangerous SEO plagarism level so I really appreciate feedback. Buyer said rewrite quality is fine but if theres way to improve unique check with only little additional time input am interested

MarTh-, Jun 13, 2010 IP
  7. johagulo

johagulo Peon

Best Answers:
    Hundred percent. According to me every article that you're planning on rewriting should be written in such a manner that every sentence is as different as possible from the original. However, there are exceptions to the rules such as in the case of names or places.

johagulo, Jun 14, 2010 IP