1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Reasons for G's banning spree

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by The_FoX, Sep 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. digitome

digitome Peon

Best Answers:
    They all apply to me as well

digitome, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  2. Tara33

Tara33 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would hope that their true intent is to ban ALL fraudulent people every month, rather than a few.

I fully know and understand that innocent people have been banned recently (even before now, I'm sure), and this will continue to happen as long as AdSense stands. There will always be innocent bystanders; that's the nature of the beast. These innocent, banned people should blame the fraudsters, rather than Google. Google are trying to protect their advertisers. Fraudulent people bring this action on themselves, and thus some innocent publishers are "taken down" in the process. It's not fool-proof, people...

Tara33, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  3. toomuch72

toomuch72 Peon

Best Answers:
    Blaming the "fraudsters" seems to be the right thing to do. However when you contact Google and they don't reverse the Banning even though you live by the rules makes it Google that is causing the problems.

Publishers spend a considerable amount of time and money to get people to their website and to click on the Google ads. My example at the time of banning $250 spent in various advertising campaigns and my Adsense Total stood around $525(last time I checked before the ban). After appealing a couple times and talking directly to some of the Adsense employees. I finally filed a Better Business Bureau complaint against Google trying to find out EXACTLY WHY I was banned. Still to this day I have no clue. I was a rule freak too, constantly preaching (on these forums) how important it is to live by the rules.

What is even more funny on this whole issue I was in contact with a Adsense employee(just a week before my ban) that said my site and traffic was in perfect compliance. Go figure.

toomuch72, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  4. Tara33

Tara33 Peon

Best Answers:

What I mean is blame the fraudsters for your banning, which apparently happens when their computers detect potential fraudulent activity; based on an algo created to nab fraudsters - but somehow, you have been lumped into that category because the algo is not perfect.

Blame Google for not reinstating you - not so much for banning you in the first place.

I can't pretend to know your frustration. I am just addressing the issue from my prespective, which is neither that of an innocently banned publisher, or blatant fraudster, who has been banned.

I am an advertiser, and maybe I am biased.

Tara33, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  5. The_FoX

The_FoX Peon

Best Answers:
    Tara, if only i could find some fraudsters to start blaming.

well, i hope this thread will gain momentum this month end too.

The_FoX, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  6. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    That is actually completely false. Reviewing your account and deciding not to reinstate it is not the same as "not reversing the ban"

I know I have only said it 50 times but you seem to keep forgetting that you were banned for a legitimate TOS violation. You are one of the fraudsters (even if you wanted a second chance) she was talking about.

yfs1, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  7. jacksmith

jacksmith Peon

Best Answers:
    with the increasing number of publishers registering everyday number of ban sure have to go up accordingly. But they definately need to work with that also more. I have seen many innocent guys getting banned.

jacksmith, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  8. The_FoX

The_FoX Peon

Best Answers:
    I won't completely agree - I was banned - yes - but not for legitimate reason.
    Read to repeat it any number of times. :)

The_FoX, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  9. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I got to admit. That is the thing that probably bothers me the most. That and having been banned and denied on appeal yet having done nothing wrong. I see so many violators that it is hard not to laugh. Yet I get banned and know I didn't do anything wrong. I see people doing all kinds of bad things getting nothing more than a warning notice, if that much. It is very disconcerting.

I assume the answer is yes, but perhaps I am wrong. If it is not a large enough volume, perhaps they do not do an exhaustive review.

I really want to know the answer to this. Several sites I reported over the last year are still serving adsense ads, yet I am banned. So it does not make sense to me, on a personal level.

I suspect revnue plays a role, but in both ways. A long established site with a big revneue history can likely get away with a lot more than someone with a smaller volume.

Another good question. As I mentioned in my case, I had clicks and revenue hitting my account that I could not verify as coming from my sites. I contacted Google and worked to try and figure out what the problem might be. The explained it away as being Google Images traffic. How can I possibly be sure of that now that I have been banned. They provide inadequate tools to properly monitor your sites and the adsense activity.

Anything would be better than the current system.

I really do understand why they have to keep a tight seal on the information they share about this kind of stuff. Unfortunately as someone trying to figure out why they were wrongly banned it is amazingly frustrating. I am not a psychic so I really have no way of knowing why they banned me. Any anomolies I addressed with them and provided detail explanations. Without any actual information though, it all was just wild-guess work on my part.

I always used to tell people who worried about getting kicked out of Adsense for too little revenue not to sweat it. Google would not do that, as it would be horribly short-sighted. Who knows when they next million dollar website is going to come from... Well the same applies to banning smaller publishers without any actual proof or evidence of any kind of wrong doing. It is a short-sighted policy. I am sure it is one that has heightened recently because of all the public attention on click-fraud, but they have some issues with how they manage this stuff.

aeiouy, Sep 18, 2006 IP
  10. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel your pain, aeiouy. Here's a publisher flaunting that she is violating the TOS and that she hasn't been caught for it. And here you are, doing nothing wrong and actively telling others likewise, getting banned. Figure that one out...

jackburton2006, Sep 18, 2006 IP
  11. The_FoX

The_FoX Peon

Best Answers:
    I have emailed google to know the banned account to which i was found related with. They were dumb. :|

The_FoX, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  12. ThisBuzz

ThisBuzz Peon

Best Answers:
    this is absolutely ludicrous, no wonder Google get trigger fingers

ThisBuzz, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  13. codeber

codeber Peon

Best Answers:
    until Google has a real competitor they will continue to treat publishers and advertisers like ****. Thats because they can get away with it. When Yahoo and MSN have their operations fully working worldwide, each will have to treat customers with a bit more respect to entice them to work with their company/program.

codeber, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  14. Motter

Motter Peon

Best Answers:
    BAH! they are going to ban the people who bring in the most money???

If you are making a lot of money on clicks then google is doing pretty well off of you also.

You are googles partner in this, they give you the product and you sell it. Why would they fire their partner if their partner is doing all the leg work and selling tons?

The only reason I can see google banning people is if they find out that one of their partners (publishers) is cheating their customer (advertisers). Cause then the customers go away and it's no good for either of the three.

Motter, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  15. Indian

Indian Peon

Best Answers:
    - Many DP revenue sharing members have been banned - You know you have your adsense Ads here somewhere but you still click it. AdSense is right to ban you.

- Many "experts" who preached Google TOS and followed them like The Bible, were banned - Displaying stats/traffic from myspace kinda sites/under 18 & using AdSense + saying it on forums like DP.....Its not JUST clicks u see!!!!

- It all happens on a month end (Remember companys are always on a deadlinie at monthend.) - That happens cos your clicks are reviewed at month end. Thats the time when you see PIP in your account.

- It happens(alleged) once when you cross a decent margin of revenue - When publisher make money, Google makes money as well...so this dosent make sense really.

- There are reasons like - "Relation with another banned account" apart from the most used and abused "invalid clicks" - Using same adds, same last name. If you are not related...prove it!!!

- Google has hired new AdWord/AdSense(GAS) Representatives - These reps hate publishers? why? huh?

- These newly hired AdSense/AdWord representatives are on some kinda deadline with their targets (of banning sites.) - As far as I know (6 years with my work experience). Targets are given to reps for sales and not to lose customers.

- Google is trying to get FREE advertising by banning sites at the month end and promising to give back the Advertisers cost(which in most cases they havent.) even thought they can easily trace any fraud site earlier - Does Google really need advertising?

- Google algorithm is floppy - How do you know?

Indian, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  16. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Its impossible to click your own ads on DP.

mad4, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  17. Indian

Indian Peon

Best Answers:
    I cant see my ads if I dont login?

Indian, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  18. yfs1

Best Answers:
    If you are going to click on ads, you need to be logged in to make sure your own aren't displayed to you

yfs1, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  19. Indian

Indian Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats what I mean. I can view/click my ads here if I am not logged in & thats how I feel people using rev. sharing might have been banned. Correct me if I am wrong.

Indian, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  20. yfs1

Best Answers:
    If you click on your own ads, you will end up getting banned. It doesn't matter how it comes about.

yfs1, Sep 28, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.