1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Hiring Full Time Article Writers/Bloggers

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Webdevloper1, Jun 11, 2010.

We are starting our Blog Network & hiring Full Time Article writers.
    Currently 2 Writers/Bloggers Required.

1> 10 articles per day( 270-300 per month)
    2> 400-500 words per article
    3> Well researched error free,reader friendly articles
    4> Time lines should be met.
    5> Regular For Long term basis.
    6> English as a 1st language will be preffered.

Only Reply here or pm me if you have any iT,previous work experience & you are serious about long term work,as i dont wanna deal with time wasters or scammers.

Payment is on weekly basis(initially daily) via paypal.

We may give your name to your written articles if you provide quality.
    (we will own full copyrights but you will be awarded as an author)
    Budget is around $300 per month,increased upon quality.

Webdevloper1, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  2. shonted

shonted Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    $1 for 400-500 words............

are you serious or it's mistake??????????????

shonted, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  3. RahulbParikh

RahulbParikh Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hello sir,

I am ready to work for you, please check my PM, my all details are in PM, waiting for your reply,

Thanks.

RahulbParikh, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  4. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    For a full time position, those are slave wages. Whoever you get, I would not expect the quality from as you described it in your post.

Kraven2, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  5. wordpecker

wordpecker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    what a style of kidding in a solemn manner!

wordpecker, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  6. Webdevloper1

Webdevloper1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    0.0% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am serious.....
    Its Introductory..So Give me quality & Get Hike in your salary every month.

7. Webdevloper1

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    0.0% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @ Kraven2
    Are you earning $300/month from your efforts online?
    If yes then good luck.
    If no then why you are wasting your time?
    I am promising to increase salary every month upon quality.
    Dont expect that someone will come & offer you $20/article.
    You should justify that you deserve that rate.

Thanks I think you got your answer from my above reply.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  8. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You may want to add another 0 to get a little closer to my income so I guess that's an affirmative.

Time spent making people aware they are being exploited is time well spent. When you want people to work full time for you, you better be ready to pay a salary they can live from. After all you require their full attention.

Promises don't pay bills. Take the time, make it worth their while.

Very true, no argument there, but when you want people FULL time even when still on "probation" you need to realize they have to eat and pay the bills. So at least a decent starting salary would be in order, because $ 300 won't last through the month unless you live in the middle of nowhere, in which case you get the kind of quality you do not want.

Want the Porsche? You can't have it for the price of a Ford Focus. Want quality, make it interesting and worth their while.

Oh.. and of course good luck :)

Kraven2, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  9. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    $ 300 a month? And that too working full time? My God !! You must be joking . Any which way, anybody on DP who knows even a little bit about about English writing and about articles can earn that amount working 4 hours a day. More, if he/she has any real talent.

Plus he prefers Native Writers !!

@writers-who-may-consider-this-offer : Guys don't fall prey to this guy. You can surely get better paying jobs even at DP . Or better still, go out and explore and find real worth of your talent.

@ Kraven2 : Nice work :D You are a gem.

WebBuddy, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  10. Webdevloper1

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    0.0% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    ya again i am serious & recruited 3 writers from here.
    May be you dont know the average wages in 3rd world countries.
    Go to GAF or odesk & you will know the reality.
    I know $300 is nothing for you but its very good pay in some countries & for those who are not making money though they are talented.(there are lots of Good writers who have no work)
    Nobody is preying to me,but ya i am paying what i have said,If interested get in otherwise stay away.

May be by scamming the people.

@Kraven2
    tats really great income mate.I cant offer you that as i am quite confident that i will get good writer(may be not as talented as you) way under this.
    This will cost me near $10 per article so i cant afford that.

You are probably never been from 3rd world..
    In my country(India) i can find very good professional writers at mentioned rate & ya i am not exploiting anybody as its average pay here.
    If in your country average pay is 3k then its not my fault, i am inviting only those who are ok with this pay.
    Dats why we Indians Rule BPO Industry(just my 2 cent).

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
    Webdevloper1, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  11. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Actually I have, on many occasions and that is part of the reason I am so against rates like you are offering. It forces those countries to remain 3rd world countries, because we make it impossible for them to compete fairly. And seeing how you talk about it you are even proud of it.
    You are not looking for India workers, as you stated "English as a 1st language will be preffered". So you are looking for western employees, and brings us straight back to the slave wages.
    I once again refer to your "English as a 1st language will be preffered" You don't have those in your industry.

So again, you cannot drive a Porsche by paying the amount for a Ford Focus, though you seem to insist that you can.
    By all means if you truly found good writers, capable of what you posted in your thread and willing to work for those wages, those idiots deserve everything they get from you :)

And for the record confused_freelancer is 100% correct that any writer with decent writing skills, and decent English skills, can make at least $ 300 a week on their own. It may not look good for you to admit it, but nevertheless that is a fact.

confused_freelancer as well as me, know it from experience.

Kraven2, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  12. Webdevloper1

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    0.0% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    so you are telling me to offer someone in india $3k per month? from scratch to write articles? dats not fair.
    wages are less & everything is cheaper here starting from meal...so dont compare & even think that some one will do that.Do your math.
    If you are in US then expect $3k but dont think you will get the same for the same work in india.
    so we are going off topic here.

Ya i am PROUD to Be an INDIAN.
    take example from BPO & thats what outsourcing is.

you are claiming that you are a good writer, do you know the meaning of preferred?
    Indian is 2nd largest english speaking country check out.
    and you dont know (because you are not Indian) that English is 1st language for many of them

ya i prefer writers whose 1st language is English( never asked for native English writers, & i think you got your answer)

can you buy it with $3k?
    Plz Mind Your language.
    Many writers are earning more then what you cant imagine.
    Does that mean i should offer that much?
    This is my offer what i can afford.

:D lol ..have you read his post correctly?

13. WebBuddy

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @webdeveloper1 - I am an Indian. So, I strongly object to your claims of people willing to work for those wages. Yes, people are willing to work for those wages, but like anywhere in the world, they would either be :
    - Ones who don't know how to write (in English or whatever language) : writing is a skill and even for the most basic articles there needs to be a semblance of logic and skill that would be needed to hold the article together.
    OR
    - People who don't know what they are worth. They'd soon discover that and leave you faster than you can say "Indians come cheap". Then you'll be back to forums/sites looking for more Indians.

Though I am a writer, I have, on the request of the client hired several writers from the several sites that you've mentioned and yes people are offering your kind of rates there. What is more surprising is that there several people willing to work at the "slave wages" . However, as a measure of respect for the writing profession I always offer as much as I can even on the site where I know I can get better bargains. There are two reasons for that:
    - Anybody who's remotely professional and respects himself/herself and his/her skills would want respectable money for more reasons than one.
    - If I want to send good work to my clients I need good writers. They don't come cheap.
    - I always respect the forum/sites average going rates. $1 is not the going rate even on sites like Freelancer.com . $1/100 words is normal for DP. We would like that standard to be maintained (if not raised).

For giving credit to webdeveloper1 I would say yes, if you do hire somebody and give them $300 per month it may be better for so many writers who would not have to look for work every day.

To all writers, I don't think you are idiots but YOU must prove that you are better than this. There are better jobs out there, try those. Even an hour spent on DP scouting for work would land you some jobs. And you can easily make $300 writing 60 articles a month at DP's going rate of $1/100w instead of writing 300 articles a month. It's your choice. Do what you want to do. Go out and scout for jobs - hang out at the copywriter's forum at DP and other forums and discover new skills which can considerable raise your pay-rates. Go and network and get better clients.

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF YOU (including webdeveloper1)

WebBuddy, Jun 12, 2010 IP
    Kraven2 likes this.
  14. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I could start replying to your post, point by point, but I won't because confused_freelancer just stated it better then I ever could.

Props for that confused_freelancer, spoken like a true writer!

Rep added :)

Kraven2, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  15. Webdevloper1

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    0.0% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Most of people working in call center is earning no more then $500.does that mean they have no skill?
    If you are Indian you are probably knowing the meaning of $1k/month cant you live with comfort with that pay?

dats what i have said in My OP.
    i will increase pay after each month upon quality
    have you read that?

do you think $1/100 words is fine for good established writer?
    dats what my point..
    many good writer are looking every day on forums & bagging..
    their most of time goes in finding jobs & they cant even earn $300/month.
    this doesnt mean they are not good writers.
    For being Good writer you should have to establish yourself with consistent Quality work,with honesty & politeness.

thank you.

16. Webdevloper1

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    0.0% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    see Kraven2, everybody are here for business & to make money.
    Me too.

17. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No doubt about that, I just strongly object to the way you conduct it.

And though you were replying to confused_freelancer I think I need to reply to this:

If a writer can not earn $ 300 monthly here, he or she is either lazy as hell or a really bad writer.
    When I started writing on my own, I came here, my rates were, and for standard work still are $ 0.01 per word and it is easy to get assignments if you can write.

That is why your rates are simply to low. The going rate for decent writing is $ 0.01 per word and by cutting under it, you are taking advantage of writers, who do not know their worth because they lack experience. That to me is the same as exploiting them.

And yes I partly agree with you that a big part of the problem are the writers accepting jobs for rates that are way to low. (I might have said harshly, but that's why I called them idiots previously).

But the other part is the content buyer who takes advantage of that inexperience.

You call it business, I call it exploiting and I think what we have here is the core where our opinions differ.

Kraven2, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  18. Webdevloper1

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    0.0% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No you are absolutely wrong Ask confused_freelancer,
    as he is indian that how many good writers in india are jobless...

It should be too low instead of to low.
    i am again repeating $ 0.01 per word is too low for descent writing from established.
    You are writing articles & not words.

ya they are not idiots,they are taking good decision..

so according to you all call centers are exploiting as they are hiring people at the same rate.which is attractive pay in some countries.

19. WebBuddy

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yes, and most of these jobless writers will either find a good job or ... they are simply not good enough.

Anybody who has some working knowledge of English can earn $600-$700 a month which would be equivalent to Rs. 11000- Rs. 14000 writing just 5-6 articles a day and that is at the bare minimum wages.

Yes, that's not high, that's the standard and Rs. 250 per article of 500 words is better than Rs. 50. Don't you think?

You call it "good decision". Most will call it "foolish decision"

Yes, all call centers are exploiting the people. They may as well do something else. But Call center employees are generally those youth which are otherwise untrained and getting a job of some kind ensures:
    - They get an okay-ish pay packet every month, with guarantee . Something which they won't be guaranteed with you.
    - They get other benefits like PF, and tax benefits and company perks.
    - The security of a job
    - Prospect of dramatically improving their conditions over the years.

Anyways, this discussion is getting nowhere. I guess we should stop bickering now and let the writers decide what's best for them. Each of us have made our points and we are now moving in circles... :)

Thanks for the rep Kraven2

WebBuddy, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  20. Webdevloper1

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    0.0% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    So you mean all call centers are exploiting people?
    ohh man lastly you said this.
    So you think call center should pay $3k to every employs because they are working for US people?
    Have your mathematics where the cost of product will gone in US. Then i think $3k will be very less. :D.

do you know the average pay of an Indian?
    its not okayish...i will call it attractive.
    more on do you know the average pay scale at call center?
    I am offering everything accept PF, and tax benefits.

Ya you are quite right.

Webdevloper1, Jun 14, 2010 IP