1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I build a good reputation in the service section in the forum?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by freelancing10, Jun 11, 2010.

I want to start providing my back linking services here in the forum. How can I build a strong reputation so people will be hungry for more?

Right now I do not have any iTraders in the forum. Will it help if I have iTrader in other forums?

I am trying to avoid the, cheap reviews, or free reviews scenario, since my package takes quite a bit of time to finish.

freelancing10, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  2. smile633

smile633 Peon

Best Answers:
    Whatever you do, be honest and do what you say. Cheat once and people will remember.

smile633, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  3. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You have to offer some cheap and quality reviews if you want to build your reputation faster.
    All the buyer are looking for cheap and quality service, you cant really get a buyer i your price is too high if you have no reputation

lifeplayer, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  4. draginx

draginx Peon

Best Answers:
    Offer a few free reviews or do pro-bono work.

draginx, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  5. petr_ind

petr_ind Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    If you want to build reputation, you can do it by helping others, then hope someone you helped giving +1 reputation (on star mark at left-down on your post)
    If you want to build iTraders, you must provide cheap service, or buying cheap things.
    Maybe if you already have good feedback on other forum, you can give your name on that forum, then tell it to the member you are dealing with. Then hope they believe you.

petr_ind, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  6. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Its not hard to do it.
    You can offer low price for you product or setup some lucky draw for you client to retain their loyalties toward your service.

mentos, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  7. marry outsource project

marry outsource project Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try posting relevant. And be honest

marry outsource project, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  8. vannarith

vannarith Active Member

Best Answers:
    First do small things first in BST section when you got enough itrade then you can start your big business right away.

vannarith, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  9. arpitagarwal82

arpitagarwal82 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have been a DP member since long. Also I have provided my services to DP community since long.
    What smile633 said is the first rule to gain reputation as quality service provider. Honesty works and always works. Never ever try to scam a penny out of someone. Not on DP, not on any other forum or site. Trust me, news about such things spread fast on internet.

Provide quality service. Quality service does not always means that you have something unique to offer. Whatever service you are offering, carry it properly. Before taking any orders, make sure you clear everything about your service. Make sure your buyers understand the output of your service. If you think that buyer have any misconception about your service, explain him before taking the orders.

Free reviews worth nothing. I have seen that asking for free reviews has become a culture on DP. Whosoever gets the free review always write good about the service (without even implementing it). All experience members know here that such reviews are of no good. Offering a discounted price for reviews is ok, because in that case people know that reviewer was atleast interested (and needed) your services.

And most important thing. Promise less Deliver more. Your buyers will remember you in future and will ask for your services whenever they need it again.

There is one more thing I would like to state here. Although not recommended, try not to take the advance payment. Deliver the work and then ask for pre decided amount. I have been following this rule since long and as far as I remember, got burnt just once. But again DP was much different couple of years back. Nowadays 'xyz scammed me' type threads are quite frequent.

Have faith on your service. You should always know what you are offering and whats it worth. Before offering a service to other members, just ask yourself if this service is beneficial to them? or better ask yourself that would you buy this service if someone else is offering it?

Reputation is not gained in a day or two. It takes time and honest efforts.

Goodluck with your venture.
    Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

arpitagarwal82, Jun 12, 2010 IP
    freelancing10 likes this.
  10. haveseo

haveseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you to only post threads that you really have information about it.
    Also only answer to threads that you know about them and give correct answer to those threads.

haveseo, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  11. Rui

Rui Peon

Best Answers:
    As some have said ... providing either some free reviews or cheap reviews is always a good way to start. If you're really good at what you do, people will have no problem in sharing their praises.

Rui, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  12. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well said.

Each forum works a little differently, but around the ole DP this is some solid advice.

Barefootsies, Jul 5, 2010 IP