1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

need help how to register brand name on internet ?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Oben, Aug 7, 2008.

I got an email from one of the firm, which i am pasting below, i have changed some details for privacy reason, we are a registered company in the country the company is running. and the company name is registered & copyrighted as our own brand. now can anyone claim the name, because the time we took this name, there is no other company with this name we had checked through legal ways, but now someone is trying to get it, and as the name is copyright to us, can anyone claim it ? I am new in this side, so need advice....

Dear CEO/Principal,

We are a professional Internet consultant organization in somewhere.We have something important on intellectual property right need to confirm with your company. On Jul 12,2008, we received an application from "hidden company". They wanted to register the following domain :

xyz.asia (changed the name for privacy)

and Internet brand name : xyz
    through our body.

During our investigation, we found that these domain names' keyword is identical with your trademark. I wonder whether you consigned Overlade company to register these domian name through us. Or you do not know this company what so ever. If you do not have idea on them, we doubt their motivation to purchase these domain names. Now we have postponed this issue and have not proceeded their registration. In order to deal with it better, Please let the principal contact me as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Oben, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  2. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This a scam that has been going around for over a year - they are just trying to get you to buy the domain. Just ignore it.

mjewel, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  3. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I get those all the time. It is a SCAM as mjewel says.

browntwn, Aug 7, 2008 IP
    Lemon116 likes this.
  4. Michelle Michan

Michelle Michan Banned

Best Answers:
    The only way to register a brand name is going to your official copyright office.

Other than this is a scam, or a bureau offering registration services that you can do by yourself.

In this case is nothing but scam.

Michelle Michan, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  5. superstan

superstan Peon

Best Answers:
    is this really a scam? I received something like this today ..............

superstan, Jun 10, 2010 IP
  6. lcwadminbj

lcwadminbj Peon

Best Answers:
    Just how many reputable posters have to tell you before you beleive it?

It IS a Scam

lcwadminbj, Jun 11, 2010 IP