1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best SEO book?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by emil2k, Sep 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Let's see: You are scraping his customers from his website and emailing spam (UCE) to them flogging your ebook. Then when he complains, you post a comment from one of his customers from his website and try to use that as justification.

And you think this is going to enhance your reputation in some way?

minstrel, Sep 18, 2006 IP
  2. SEO Tutor©

SEO Tutor© Peon

Best Answers:
    What's the deal with you 2 guys anyway? -- kinda strange if you ask me. :rolleyes: Last time in this thread I asked you a direct question; you declined to answer, left and never came back.

Now 2 weeks later (in the same thread) Aaron submits a ridiculous post and suddenly you come running to his rescue. Why are you so concerned with "defending" Aaron's honor? You sure like using the word "his" a lot. Come on man, Aaron's a grown-up; he doesn't need you to be his shining knight in armor.

As far as I know, it's still a free country (here in the USA) -- and I don't have to ask you how I can conduct my affairs. Do I follow you around criticizing you? I guess you think your sideline comments on Aaron's behalf are somehow going to enhance YOUR reputation.

Maybe you're ready now to answer my previous closing question; again, how does putting a space between a word and a copyright symbol define the quality of a tutorial?

-- then again, maybe you're not ready.

SEO Tutor©, Sep 18, 2006 IP
  3. minstrel

Best Answers:
    I don't know Aaron Wall personally. I'm merely commenting on your rather sleazy tactics - I find that sort of thing offensive no matter who it is or who it's done to.

As for your SEO question, I'm not your teacher or mentor and I'm not flogging an SEO ebook. How about you answer that one yourself? I don't think it's a difficult question to answer.

4. Voasi

Voasi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, dude, that's a bunch of bullshit if I've ever heard it. Really...is that the best you could do?

Funny part is that the web-community knows Aaron and like to "back him up" on claims and other issues, because he's a great guy.

Everyone knows Aaron Wall of SEObook.com, someone who as been giving great content and interviews for a long (web) time...who are you?

Is that a way of saying its "OK" to SPAM Aaron's blog readers with your competing book?

...maybe if you don't know...why should he tell you. ;)

Voasi, Sep 18, 2006 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  5. SEO Tutor©

SEO Tutor© Peon

Best Answers:
    You're missing an important aspect of both Aaron's "complaint" and your protest -- namely, I didn't solicit any sales for anything. I GAVE a FREE ebook away to someone on a whim. Is that a crime?

Not only did I also send Aaron one too, I've even been plugging his ebook lately. Some thanks I get.

FYI, a website's link posted on any website can be clicked on by anyone, anytime. It's fair game. What fantasy world of disillusion are you living? As you would note in the posted email, had you not been in such a rush to be today's spam police hero, there was no deception; I was totally forthcoming.

-- though I'm not so sure about your motives.

6. minstrel

Best Answers:
    That's my specialty, not yours. :D

It's pretty clear what yours are... :rolleyes:

awall19 likes this.
  7. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Aaron has been a contributing member within the seo communities for many years. What qualifies you, SEO Tutor?

Blogmaster, Sep 18, 2006 IP
  8. SEO Tutor©

SEO Tutor© Peon

Best Answers:
    Look, in all fairness to Aaron, the Web community at large and myself, I think these attacks on my character and actions are unwarranted. Listen to what you're saying. You're passing judgement on me for giving away an ebook? C'mon, that's nuts -- really nuts. Besides, Aaron never gave any specific reason(s) for posting the email; can't he speak for himself?

For the record, I've been a contributing member to the Web long before anyone ever heard of Aaron Wall, you, or this forum. But I'm not going to go out of my way to condemn you, or demand your qualifications; and I think any sensible person of reasonable intellect will notice that my motive for giving away a free ebook was not out of spite, or for profit -- but purely my generosity.

-- and if you can't handle that then it's your problem, not mine.

9. SEO Tutor©

SEO Tutor© Peon

Best Answers:
    Well since you asked, I thought I'd answer.

What are our different and defining qualifications? --- hmm, well at this point I'd have to say my honorable intentions compared to Aaron's purpose; especially considering that we had to switch passwords, change databases and secure the folder that Aaron maliciously linked to in a public forum. Obviously he meant to cause me harm, in several ways; imagine if I acted likewise as reprehensible by posting the download link to Aaron's ebook. Would that be okay?

Think about it -- who does this kind of stuff? -- I mean really.

If someone came to my site, read and clicked on a blog link, then sent someone a free ebook, which I heard about later, I'd have to say that posting the "event" in a forum would be the LAST thing on my mind. I'd be more interested in knowing WHY the person found my ebook unclear so I could improve it, not seek out revenge and try to harm another person intentionally. That kind of behavior is somewhere between an immature tantrum and a criminal act.

This whole "let's jump on Aaron's enemy" thing is really making me sick.

10. MMA

MMA Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO Tutor©, could you give me some advice on how to use forums to establish my brand? You seem to be really good at it.

MMA, Sep 18, 2006 IP
    awall19 likes this.
  11. SEO Tutor©

SEO Tutor© Peon

Best Answers:
    While I wouldn't actually recommend a branding endeavor completely via forums, I suppose good advice would be to sail in friendly waters, lest you capsize and are eaten by the sharks. ;)

Any marketing adventure should be a multi-faceted effort carefully planned from the beginning. True brand establishment is the result of your message being superimposed upon the market share's "psyche" for years on end, and/or having deep enough pockets to make it happen -- or alternately just having good ole common sense and the extraordinary persistence to keep on hitting till you make it.

I've found the latter to be the most effective in just about all cases. Hitch your wagon to a star and never, ever give up.

12. awall19

awall19 Berserker

Best Answers:
    So my friend (actually, one of my best friends)
    -who has never bought or read my ebook; and
    -who may become a business partner with me for a couple LARGE projects; and
    -who went to Bonnaroo with me, and just toured Europe with me for a couple weeks (and said so in both of the top two posts on his site - see here and here)

How would he qualify as a disgruntled SEO Book customer?

He told me his was pissed off at your email spam, but rest assured he and I are great friends, and just talked business and personal life for hours on the phone yesterday.

I don't really need to defend myself against an email spammer, but I think other well respected DP members are just noting the absurdity of your claims and tactics. Once you become an email spammer, I think you (un)gracefully bow out of whatever competition you were trying to participate in.

Even an email offering free things (free magazine subscription, free diet patch, free penis enlargement pills, free this, free that, etc.) still has a cost to it because it still wastes people's time. That is why it is spam.

awall19, Sep 18, 2006 IP
  13. SEO Tutor©

SEO Tutor© Peon

Best Answers:
    As if we lived in some alternate reality, or within a government gone mad that pits brother against brother and convicts simply by saying so without evidence, now another aberration of reality, you Aaron Wall, attempt to rationalize and justify your own behavior by first exclaiming me the "guilty" perp and then yourself the poor innocent victim.

How dare you -- HOW DARE YOU absolve yourself of any question of wrong doing by your own personal proclamation. Not only are you being disingenuous, your vain condemnation here borders on the desperate. It's very obvious to even the most naive that your attempt to discredit me has backfired and has left you exposed as one who refuses to accept responsibility for his own actions.

You are now implying that everyone involved in Web development, yourself included, every person who contacts another webmaster, whether for a link submission, advertising, or even in my case to give away a free ebook, without an invitation first is now guilty of the heinous crime of spamming. Though let's not mention that you do it everyday -- or, maybe you know everyone on the Internet, or perhaps by virtue of your "status" you're somehow exempt where others are not.

There leaves no doubt in my mind that not only are you deluding yourself, you simply have little concept of right, or wrong -- the very behavior for which you yourself are guilty, you now project upon me to absolve your own disreputable conduct.

For what transgression do I deserve your posting the very email in question, a harmless freebie sent on impulse, to a public forum revealing my secure download folder for the unscrupulous to plunder? Is this Aaron Wall's "payback" and justice served "his way?" How dare you exalt yourself above others in your selfish vanity and think yourself somehow without fault.

You talk of wasted time -- time? How much time would it take to delete an email. How much of your own time is wasted here now? What about the wasted time you caused me repairing the damage to my delivery system that you incurred by default? Does that count in Aaron Wall's World?

Rather than attempt the public crucifixion of a member of your own profession, why would you not first want to discover the nature of the event, or the reason the person found your ebook "overwhelming" as some indecipherable gibberish? Why not just laugh off such a tiny thing and take the high road?

Are you so disconnected from other people that you feel no need for remorse of any kind for your own actions? Must you minimize me as the criminal spammer in order to distract from your own abstract view of the world and lack of conscious?

For your information Aaron, I received an email today from the person who was gracious enough to thank me for the ebook I sent him. Apparently it didn't waste his time.

14. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Actually, it hasn't. That said, you are doing a fine job of discrediting yourself with no help from anyone else.

minstrel, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  15. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Most SEO's read Aarons blog even if we don't know him. Anybody who reads the blog (even if they don't have the book) will jump to his defence as its quite clear he knows what he is talking about.

If you had a blog that I read and I trusted more than Aarons then maybe I would come to this thread to defend your honour. As it is I have never read your blog or website and you have only just joined the forum so we really don't know much about you.

mad4, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  16. ChrisChoi

ChrisChoi Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea and the darn blog is updated often which I love.

On the other hand...

I don't know why you had to discredit or bash a competitor SEOTutor.
    If you thought your guide was honestly better, you could've just said
    "I think it's a great guide but it's missing strategy on x,y,z - which I
    cover in my book". It wouldn't be surprising for people to buy yours
    or even BOTH.

Lesson of the day: Go buy SEOBook folks. He knows what he's talking
    about. You don't have to agree with everything Aaron says but he'll
    really open your eyes and teach you some great stuff about SEO.

ChrisChoi, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  17. Dabs

Dabs Peon

Best Answers:
    I've read both books... At this point, I will not comment.

Dabs, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  18. minstrel

Best Answers:
    You just did. Just not very well.

minstrel, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  19. SEO Tutor©

SEO Tutor© Peon

Best Answers:
    The rationale I read being used here to justify Aaron's behavior is appalling. Surely one doesn't quite grasp what has happened, so I will clarify.

I visited Aaron Wall's seobook.com blog on the 17th and sent a couple of people a free ebook of my tutorial. My intentions were harmless and the email never attempted to sell anything.

The next day Aaron Wall posted the email from one of the people who, according to him in a second post, was "pissed off", but he managed to soothe his friend's wrath by chatting with him over the phone thus saving me from a terrible fate.

COMPLETE RUBBISH. I checked my download stats and the person in question did in fact DOWNLOAD the ebook to his computer. If a person is offended by an email, they DON'T download the product being sent.

Further, you'll notice that Aaron Wall's rambling above doesn't bother to address his inappropriate behavior in posting an email that also contained proprietary info, but instead talks about a vacation to Europe, "LARGE" business projects, phone chat, pills to enhance male genitalia, etc.

Wall then alludes that my concerns are absurd and that I should "bow out" according to his slanted philosophy, or in other words, stop selling my ebook, crawl in a hole somewhere and just shut up.

Judging from the numerous emails I've received from people supporting my position, it becomes apparent that many see through Wall's poorly managed veil of deception and frankly, find his actions disgusting.

In hindsight, I regret and apologize (to myself) for writing any of Aaron Wall's blog readers for it's now been my displeasure to discover that Wall's so-called idea of fairness is pure poison. Suffice it to say that there is NO defense for Aaron Wall's behavior and anyone who says there is, is either lying to themselves, or is just as unscrupulous.

SEO Tutor©, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  20. RedCardinal

RedCardinal Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry if I misinterpret this comment but are you saying that people reading this thread are actually emailing you with support messages? Tis a shame no one sees fit to post their messages of support publicly...

RedCardinal, Sep 19, 2006 IP
    minstrel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.