1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Going back to web 2.0 basics. Have I missed anything?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Quail, Jun 7, 2010.

Hey guys. For the site I'm currently working on I've decided to go back to basics and start with the basics of web 2.0.

I'd like to ask the value of incoming links from the following pages. Are there any I shouldn't bother with? Should I have more incoming links from one, than another? The web 2.0 services I'll be using to create links are:

• Ezinearticles
    • Hubpages
    • Squidoo
    • Weebly
    • Scribd
    • Articlesbase
    • Twitter
    • The usual boring social bookmarking

Should I be focusing more on Ezinearticles and Articlesbase, or should I create equal numbers of pages from each service? Is there anything glaringly obvious I've missed from the list? Maybe a blogger blog?

Thanks! (If you're looking to boost your postcount by posting a generic answer that everyone already knows, please don't!)

Quail, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  2. geester1

geester1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you seem to be missing one tip - RSS feed agregators, get each RSS feed for each of the following and create on massive RSS feed using this tactic here and submit it to many RSS directories for masses of backlinks.

What I try to do is build links to each hub, lens, using articles and yes I use Ezine and articlebase.

geester1, Jun 8, 2010 IP
    Quail likes this.
  3. StevieP

StevieP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A few tips:

You need to make sure the content on each page is unique so it all gets indexed by google

Hubpages links are nofollow until you get your author status pretty high, so unles you're going to post to it regularly I wouldn't bother with it.

Articlebase is also nofollow but it gets a lot of traffic so if you research keywords for the title properly it will get found and you could get a lot of people following your link in the resource box.

What I do now when writing articles to promote my sites is use micro niche finder to find some funky long tail keywords with 0 competition and around 1000 searches pm. Build a couple of backlinks to that ezine article or squidoo hub or whatever (from another article directory for example) and the article will be ranking number 1 np because of the authority of said sites.

RSS feed agregators and bookmarking will get them indexed in google but only if the content is unique.

StevieP, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  4. pro.seods

pro.seods Peon

Best Answers:
    You add this :

Ping up everything and anything possible. This will help your indexing rate improve. Although you would not need much for sites link ezine.
    Social Bookmark everypage at least 5 times to top 5 sites.
    Use video directories like youtube and use them across the properties.
    Submit Rss feed of anything possible.
    Do link building of each and every property.
    Do some blog commenting also so that you get some link juice.
    HIGH PR PROFILE BACKLINKS
    multi-bookmark EVERYTHING using services like Facebook, Twitter etc

pro.seods, Jun 8, 2010 IP
    Quail likes this.
  5. Quail

Quail Peon

Best Answers:
    Very useful replies, thanks guys. I had no idea about the RSS feed aggregator. I will definitely investigate that and put it into action.

I make sure all my content is 100% handwritten and unique. No spun rubbish.

Hubpages is proving to be more time consuming than I'd initially intended. I'm having to spend a lot of time trying to raise my author score, so I don't think I'll continue with it. My time can be better spent elsewhere.

Social bookmarking is incredibly important, but I always find it the worst part of the job. I'll stick with it though. Thanks for the useful comments guys. Pro.seods, what do you think the best 5 social bookmarking sites are?

Quail, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  6. MarkAse

MarkAse Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you applied for an author account over at Buzzle? Personally, my articles there attain a much higher PR then my ezine articles do.

I wouldn't give up on Hubpages quite so fast, spending about 30 minutes a week to create a new Hub gets your score pretty high pretty quick and you will have complete control over those links which is always preferable to the alternative

MarkAse, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  7. Quail

Quail Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks MarkAse, I'll check out Buzzle. I haven't completely given up on hubpages, I will see how it pans out in the next week or two.

A quick question about the RSS Aggregator? Should I include my main money site feed, or should I just include the feed's of my 2.0 backlink pages.

Quail, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  8. QuackWare

QuackWare Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that link with the feed list. Was able to add my blogs to a couple of those websites. I hope I get a few more extra backlinks :)

QuackWare, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  9. bigcat1967

bigcat1967 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You might want to stick to just one or two web 2.0 props. I'm w/ hubpages as well and I'm sticking with it. I'm getting some solid traffic.

bigcat1967, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  10. Quail

Quail Peon

Best Answers:
    Why's that bigcat? Purely because of time constraints, or not to overload on incoming links (so Google doesn't suspect foul play)?

Quail, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  11. Mortgage Guy

Mortgage Guy Peon

Best Answers:
    These RSS links never show up in SERPS unfortunately. I dont know what good these RSS backlinks are if you have them. I mean what good is it?

Mortgage Guy, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  12. Mortgage Guy

Mortgage Guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hubpages are getting unruly. They kick you out very quick and delete your work. Have you see that lately ? I have several Hubs deleted

Mortgage Guy, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  13. Quail

Quail Peon

Best Answers:
    I've made a good one which has been moderated and is fine. I just made a new one which is unrelated to my money website, but I'm using it to boost my author score. A lot of work!

Edit - Also quick question about the RSS Aggregators. Once I've got all the RSS feeds from my web 2.0 profiles, mixed them, and submitted them to the list of aggregators, do I need to resubmit them again? Or do they store the RSS feed and update automatically? (I assume they do, but just checking).

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
    Quail, Jun 8, 2010 IP