1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WTF Is Google doing lately?

Discussion in 'Google' started by petyard, Jun 4, 2010.

this morning I have noticed that many of my websites lost their rankings
    many niches, older/newer domains, all are at least 4-10 pages lower, some are not to found in the first 300
    anyone else noticed this today?

petyard, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  2. sam1

sam1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, this happened to my websites as well. All went down in serps, not a single one maintained its rank :(

sam1, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  3. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have put all your eggs in the Google basket it is a mistake. Take a look at this recent thread : LINK

Blue Star Ent., Jun 4, 2010 IP
  4. petyard

petyard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    no offense but that thread is BS
    SEO is not dead
    @sam: when did that happen to you? I notice other websites, not mine, also gone from the first page to 4-5th, even lower!

petyard, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  5. sam1

sam1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    petyard, ranking dropped for one of site day before yesterday. But today i found that all of my website lost its ranking. Yes, I noticed that many sites ranking changed in serp for my keyword. Lets hope that it is something temporary and google will revert it back.

sam1, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  6. Blasingame

Blasingame Peon

Best Answers:
    Funny, Google is getting to the point of overload. And that would be overloaded with BS.

All major search engines are going through the same overload and are looking very hard at content, page views and page speed. Most of these pages (sites) within the test zones are being demoted. What does this do? It make you change it or dump it. So, is it working? Sure it is. Just as you stated.! What is going on here? Makes you wonder right? Now your either going to make changes or dump the project. This is exactly what their trying to accomplish. Make you build a blog/site worth the hassle or force you to change or dump it... They will win this battle.

Here is the problem; more people are writing about their problems instead of reading about the current problems and changes from all search engines.

You may want to take a good like at Google page speed.

Blasingame, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  7. petyard

Best Answers:
    well I will wait a few more days before trying to change anything
    websites with similar backlinks profile are ok, while many websites are dropped, with apparently no reason..

petyard, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  8. sam1

sam1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Petyard, Do you want to say or guess that websites which has links coming from irrelevant site have dropped in serp (due to same algo change ) and not the site which has links from relevant sites?

sam1, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  9. mchrest

mchrest Active Member

Best Answers:
    I Agree that thread is total crap. Let have a look at your sites traffic on page 40 of Google. I am sure you get thousands of visits a day from tweets and facebook users

mchrest, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  10. petyard

Best Answers:
    I won't share my websites, but I've been in this business for a while to know something isn't right. And I dont have a tweeter or facebook account, what has to do with google traffic anyway?

petyard, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  11. petyard

Best Answers:
    no, there doesn't seem to be a trend or logic behind this...not for me at least
    old, strong websites are gone while 1 month websites are still there..makes no sense at all

petyard, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  12. imperialDirectory

imperialDirectory Peon

Best Answers:
    Its possible Google update their ranking algorithm which did not favor you. Or is it possible Google gave penalty to some content changes you made recently?

imperialDirectory, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  13. adriani

adriani Peon

Best Answers:
    as far as i know, google starts the update of PR quite sometime before the publication of the results. maybe those dropdowns are the result of those updates

adriani, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  14. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm..I am not sure what is the metric you were using to judge a "strong website" but most of strong ones I have seen, especially in term of domain age, are being the same as it were, the same position. Some authority may be removed after abused some bad practice like a PDF issues lately.

Would you mind telling us how old is your website? How frequent your content has been updated? Have you overdone on internal linking spam attempt or whatever? :)

Sxperm, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  15. petyard

Best Answers:
    I haven't changed a thing, 1-2 years old website, ranking there for years, are gone in one day
    as I said, I changed nothing, it has nothing to do with content update rate
    Probably they devalued some of my backlinks, still weird because are gone in one day..
    I was wondering if anyone noticed this lately, not in the mid May, as I read on other forums

petyard, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  16. martinvidic

martinvidic Guest

Best Answers:
    yea, Ive noticed that too. But it's not too bad in my case. Lost like 5 percent G-traffic. Whatever they did, it was not good "FOR THEM" i noticed quite a few spam sites with only 5 keywords and nothing else than ads moved up ... lol

martinvidic, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  17. HomeComputerGames

HomeComputerGames Peon

Best Answers:
    nothing looks different in the video game niche, same ole same oles still there

HomeComputerGames, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  18. bestway

bestway Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i lost most of my traffic from 25K Per day to lower than 3K

any one have suggestions ?

or will our site back again or gone to hell ??

bestway, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  19. longcall911

longcall911 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have not noticed any changes for the 5 or 6 main phrases I track daily, and have not seen many reports from others about big swings. That would suggest that what you are seeing is either related to your sites or certain keyword groups. It could very well be that new calculations are being run in your keyword groups which throws everything out of wack for a couple days, may a week. After that, things tend to settle down. Your sites may then come in at a better position then where they started.

longcall911, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  20. sin

sin Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is dead set on being the next Altavista. Search results are crappy and tons of good, white hat sites are being dropped from their engines or lost rank. They have also that Yahoo like block of adsense ads on top of the search results. Now even if you are number 1 organic listing, you get less visitors. There is a long thread at webmasterworld.com about this issue. Google is evil. Promote Bing or Yahoo. Start hating Google and pass the hate around! lol. Go Bing!

sin, Jun 4, 2010 IP