1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

(Stupid) Question time :)

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Kraven2, Jun 3, 2010.

This may be a dumb question, but I would really like to know the answer

When browsing the content creation forum here, I often come across people looking for article spinners, or the exact opposite(They want no article spinners)

Now, while I have absolutely no experience with this type of writing, I suspect it is a form of re-writing
    Assuming I am correct in this assumption, I also see article spinners referring to something called " spin syntax", which suggest article spinning entails a special kind of writing as well.

I have no idea whether or not I would want to engage in that type of writing, however my curious nature demands to at least know how to do it.

So, can anyone here enlighten me on the subject? What is it exactly, and how is it done?

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
    Kraven2, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  2. peejaydee

peejaydee Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm a real hater of article spinning and especially of automated article spinning software. Spinning in its basest, most evil form, is where someone takes an article and a thesaurus and substitutes words with other words of the same, but usually subtly different, meaning to produce an article that will beat a plagiarism detector and be seen by the search engines as unique content.
    Unfortunately, especially when automated spinners are used, the resultant article is usually much less readable than the original since the subtleties of language mean that no two words actually carry exactly the same meaning.
    If you spin your own articles then you can spin away and you only undermine your own credibility as a writer, in my opinion. It starts to get insidious when people spin articles they don't have the right to use just to get a unique sequence of words for SEO but while blatantly ripping off the general intellectual property of the original author.
    Take a look at an Article Rewriting, Spinning and the New Art of Duplication, an article I wrote a while back on this subject.

peejaydee, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  3. GothamOne

GothamOne Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Automated spinning is a great idea in theory, terrible idea in practice.

Manual re-writing is best.

GothamOne, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  4. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    So if I understand correctly spinning is an automated way to re-write articles?

If that is the case then I am at a loss what " spin syntax" means?

Kraven2, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  5. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have done several of the conventional rewrites (loosely refereed to as spins) earlier on when I started writing and that pretty much involves rewriting the whole article in your own words - at least enough to make it pass it through a plagiarism detector.

The other kind of spinning - which actually is "spinning" , involves some manual and some software based work. The "Spin syntax" is some form like { | | } where the '|' are separators of teh alternative phrases. So, a 2-4 word phrase's alternatives are mentioned in this fashion. This article when put through the spinning s/w generates 3 articles.

Something like : I think I'll go now
    would be written as : I think { I'll go now | I'll leave now | I'll exit now }
    That ls my understanding of it.

This is usually used by Internet Marketers who would like to use those several articles for site publicity and back link building yet want all the copies to be unique.

DISCLAIMER : I have never attempted spin syntax spinning so if there is anything erroneous in my info kindly correct me.

WebBuddy, Jun 3, 2010 IP
    rajesh.ejob likes this.
  6. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ah, now I understand. So an article is (re)written once with the l l to mark which words the software should change

Damn what a rip off. But at least now I know to avoid it and why :)

Thanks!

Kraven2, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  7. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Yeah.... a perfect example of a writer's nightmare and a marketer's paradise I suppose. :D

WebBuddy, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  8. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Mario's new post, does an excellent explanation.

Kraven, here is the real killer. Depending upon the program, you can actually produce up to 90 readable versions of a 500 word article. So, a competitor writes an article for $5.00. Then after completing the job for the client, spins it 89 more times. Guess what the next client wanting an article on the similar subject gets? So the "article writer" could underbid you at $5.00 and turn one original article into $450.00

THAT IS THE UNTOLD STORY, ONE THAT NOT ANY LOW PAY WRITER WANTS TO HEAR -----------------------------------------------

dyadvisor, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  9. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are those programs THAT good that a " buyer" could not tell the difference between a written and spun article?

Hard to believe.

Kraven2, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  10. mirisaamali

mirisaamali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, article spinning can be on any level, sentence, paragraph or word. What people do is make money versions of the same article by changing sentences or paragraphs. This is called article spinning.

mirisaamali, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  11. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes Kraven.

The program does not have an human intelligence level. It can not make a poorly written article any better, it just keeps making poorly written versions. (software price = $7)
    Now your fellow "writer" could afford to hire a good $40.00 article writer to produce a fairly high quality 500 word article. Then the next 89 copies, if the software is top notch, can produce versions extremely impressive. (Software price = $99)
    That means your competitor "writer" has spent $40.00 and 1 hour labor, and did no personal writing. Selling all copies at at $5.00 each, brings in (after the original $40 spent) up to $410.00. Now, at $10.00 each it would be $860.00 of potential profit.
    The better original at 500 words will fool virtually every buyer, plus almost every article directory. Not bad for an hour in which no writing was personally done. -------just another of many internet tricks easily being done--------

12. rajesh.ejob

rajesh.ejob Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey now i understood basically what is article rewriting. Thank you all for your contributions lol... especially confused_freelancer(rep added)
    Is there anyway that i can find whether the article is purely original or spinned article?

rajesh.ejob, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  13. justin.helloall

justin.helloall Peon

Best Answers:
    Pretty much explain here many people use a bot who can read the syntax and randomize each part using the guidelines you set
    Ie: I think { I'll go now | I'll leave now | I'll exit now }

justin.helloall, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  14. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Rajesh: Yes, you can. The way would be to know the methods of the source. By this I mean, often there is a little telltale code mark used by the article submission companies that do the entire process. (From writing to multiple submitting for the client). This price is currently under $15.00 including both writing and multiple submitting. The other way would be so time consuming that unless there was a real need to know, it would not be worth what your personal time is.

Google however does know. Because of blogs picking up so many original copies and re-posting, Google is currently employing methods to punish spun copies MORE than duplicate copy (as long it is not on your personal website.) ----that is a very brief comment, and by no means all inclusive------

15. rajesh.ejob

rajesh.ejob Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for dyadvisor... I am more interested in the topic. I think I must read more articles and discussion threads to learn more about it. From your signature I came to know that you are providing free guiding.. Keep up the work lol...

rajesh.ejob, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  16. iNET SEO

iNET SEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have just finished re-writing 10 pages of a site for someone but at no time would I ever consider cutting corners. I would never touch software, but what they did end up with was 10 pages that have completely unique content - if you put the two pages side by side, you would never know, and this is what needs to be achieved. Software cannot do this.

iNET SEO, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  17. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    My point exactly, but it is a scary thought, that we could be competing with AI that writes as well as a human.

a good point was made that there are little marks one can recognize spun versions by. This should be made common knowledge amongst content buyers, and also props to Google for combating it!

Kraven2, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  18. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not want to mess up your post, but you brought up a point.

Many article submitting software programs are so cheap. Why? It is simple to underline a word, and hyperlink it back to the product they are promoting. Also to steal contact information.

Good or bad, there are two types out there. You really do have to prove that to a worthwhile client.

----Andy's style is more time consuming, costly, but more effective. Some forum members that only want to get rich quick, or be commentators, quickly pounce on people doing that.
    -----Ultimately, as learning gains, so does income-----

dyadvisor, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  19. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Aw you can't mess up the post. What I wanted to know is already answered, so feel free to drift off topic :D

Kraven2, Jun 4, 2010 IP