1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to write better?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by xprtwalk, Jun 3, 2010.

Hello All,

Let me know the ways and your views on how to write better? that must attract the attention and the targeted traffic over the article or for the website.

Suggest me the best way to write better for anything and what should I have to follow while writing?

Thanks

xprtwalk, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  2. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Take a class.

Perry Rose, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  3. ecosea

ecosea Peon

Best Answers:
    I start with a theme and then come up with three interesting points and then I just write on the three points and then go in a flesh it out.

If it looks like I ma going to end up with more than 3 main points, I might split that off have have another article.

ecosea, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  4. xprtwalk

xprtwalk Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure thanks for your suggestion and I would consider it for the gleaming writing and definitely for unbiased.

xprtwalk, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  5. xprtwalk

xprtwalk Peon

Best Answers:
    Right first have to focus the target in your mind than you can make the points you thing the most suitable, go for that, but we have to go for a conclusion for all the points and that sounds good and would lead all our discussion above. Anyway thanks

xprtwalk, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  6. Aberon

Aberon Peon

Best Answers:
    If you can tie the article topic with a real-life story, you usually have a winning combination. The title is usually considered for 50% of any type of content, because it's the title which draws attention and makes someone start reading whatever it is you write.

Aberon, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  7. xprtwalk

xprtwalk Peon

Best Answers:
    And I think - Title is the main key that evolved all your article followed in the bucket. Everything about your wording or your saying continuously rounds your Title - that starts with it and ends with it.

xprtwalk, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  8. ecosea

ecosea Peon

Best Answers:
    Ending with a summary is a good thing I agree. Many sites will say that articles that are between 500 and 600 words have a higher likelihood of being reprinted, so I sometimes use this as a tool to add some content by reinforcing the main 3 points that I started with.

As for the focus, I write a few articles and many times I will start with the title that I want to have and then try to come up with the three interesting points. What i find is that sometimes by its own force the article ends morphing the title, then it is a matter of massaging it towards what your goal was, by this I mean, what was the ultimate objective? if I wanted deeper back links to my cheap lawyers site on immigration but instead end up with a article on Visas, I just change the deep link to a page that can use back links dealing with visas, hope that makes sense. Or sometimes I just take the article and turn it into a web page on my site, I can always find something to do with it.

ecosea, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  9. ecosea

ecosea Peon

Best Answers:
    I was just reading something that was interesting sort off topic but the new Mayday update might be affecting pages that have lots of words like 2k or more, some of the posters thought that those pages were being affected negatively. Though I would bring that up as it was thought provoking for me.

ecosea, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  10. xprtwalk

xprtwalk Peon

Best Answers:
    It's well said that the interest attracts the people most, but would it be authenticate with proof that what will be the length of a article as in referring to the search engines it may be max what and minimum how much? I have written various articles, blogs, lenses on various topics and you can see my profile on ezine articles also. If you have the interest than sky is the limit and thanks for your diversion techniques but it should not quit me out o the track.

xprtwalk, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  11. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    1] Practice writing a lot and expose that writing to readers. Invite (And give incentives to) people to comment on your writing and criticize it.
    2] Read a lot of good books (fiction and non-fiction).
    3] Always give it your best (Easier said than done)
    4] Write with your heart and not with your ass (That will tell you to stuff your article with keywords, rewrite, use filler and so on).

The most important thing is to get started. Sure, your writing may be crappy and attract no-one or lead people to criticize you. But anything is better than waiting for the perfect day when you will have perfect writing skills and can put out perfect articles.

lightless, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  12. GothamOne

GothamOne Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good writers are all voracious readers.

GothamOne, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  13. xprtwalk

xprtwalk Peon

Best Answers:
    I would go sure for your suggestions, should it be interesting or hot topic oriented, ya and it would more precisely expressed your views and themes.

xprtwalk, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  14. terencemagpie

terencemagpie Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am not a good writer myself, so outsourcing is my only solution =(

terencemagpie, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  15. xprtwalk

xprtwalk Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya that is a solution, if you can't do that or have not time to spent there. But when writing, I want to follow the ways to improve me better and so on.

xprtwalk, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  16. carol.prime

carol.prime Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should know the main idea or the concept of your article.

The style of your writing is very important as well.

carol.prime, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  17. Fem

Fem Active Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of free sources are available online to help you write better everyday. Make it a part of your routine to learn something new everyday.

Fem, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  18. lostpoet

lostpoet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will suggest reading writing that does attract attention and analyzing it. Also, reading good books helps with your writing an enriches you at the same time. So it can be a very rewarding habit to pick up.

lostpoet, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  19. omarabid

omarabid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. Reading (Books, Articles, newspapers, Blogs...)
    2. Practice (Write articles and essays, you may need someone to correct mistakes for you)
    3. Review the English Grammar (often)
    4. Love what you are doing!

omarabid, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  20. nicolebeckett

nicolebeckett Peon

Best Answers:
    Start by identifying your target audience. What do they want to learn? What do they need to know? Always write with your readers in mind, not the search engines.

nicolebeckett, Jun 10, 2010 IP