1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

We Blocked FaceBook in Pakistan

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by wajid_pk, May 19, 2010.

1. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Our news were dominated tonight by the 80 dead Pakistanis for no reason other than their faith.

As with the Facebook ban this tragedy is caused because one group of people can't respect the beliefs and faith of another.

Search on Facebook and you'll find 4 groups with this title (more or less): If you force sex upon a prostitute, is it rape or shoplifting?

Disgusting!

Last edited: May 29, 2010
    sarahk, May 29, 2010 IP
  2. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't say I support the concepts of this verse although I love to! lol

I guess putting "-" instead of "o" could change the meaning! lol

Yeah our religion and law more are in favor of men but our community goes in other way.
    Women aren't stupid and no woman willing to accept this discrimination whether was Iranian or other nationality.
    You have to know that nearly 70 percent of university intake by female in Iran. Our problem is our women now are more educated than our men.
    http://dictionary.sensagent.com/iranian+parliament%27s+plan+for+university+entrance%27+sexual+quota/en-en/

see also these links
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/lipstick-revolution-irans-women-are-taking-on-the-mullahs-1632257.html
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/in_depth/middle_east/2000/iran_elections/iran_struggle_for_change/changing_face/women_and_society.stm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laleh_Sedigh

babak44, May 29, 2010 IP
  3. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting statistics. I remember watching several programs on 3rd world micro lending, where they discovered women were also more likely to pay back loans of any sort. I keep telling my wife that women are the single most discriminated against group of people on the planet, even in Western cultures. Then I tell her to get back in the kitchen and make me dinner.

Obamanation, May 29, 2010 IP
  4. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I was surprised to read as well about the persecution they face, even from the Pakistani government. At least, according to Wiki, They could get up to three years in prison just for producing, publishing, and disseminating their religious materials, besides other regulations designed to prohibit them from practicing their religion fully.

I just looked it up, I like to think some of them are just trolls, pretending to have a controversial opinion to get attention. But, I do know there are men that feel that way -- that dehumanize women, not considering them as a human being with intelligence or feelings. I agree, it is disgusting.

I think I understand what you're saying here... :)

Atheists should probably put a "-" before the word, to cancel it out. LOL.

Wow, 70%. I believe the population ratio of men and women in Iran is about the same? There shouldn't be a quota, they should accept students with the highest scores, but should figure out why men are scoring significantly lower on the entrance exams. It probably has something to do with how they were prepared.

Thanks for the links, enjoyed reading about the Iranian race car driver. :)

LOL.

Rebecca, May 29, 2010 IP
  5. Fusie

Fusie Peon

Best Answers:
    I don`t understand now, how your ISP can block you to go on facebook? That`s not why are you paying him....On Facebook not all Pakistan people are rasists OMFG!!!...

Fusie, May 29, 2010 IP
  6. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    no you it isn't. Iran isn't a heaven for men!

babak44, May 30, 2010 IP
  7. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    if I was instead of you should care to eat such dinner! lol

babak44, May 30, 2010 IP
  8. QhuRam03

QhuRam03 Active Member

Best Answers:
    bye bye facebook , from bangladesh

QhuRam03, May 30, 2010 IP
  9. srafayj

srafayj Member

Best Answers:
    wow this thread is getting really interesting :p

srafayj, May 30, 2010 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  10. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    LOL, why isn't Iran a heaven for men?! :)

It looks like the male to female ratio is fairly close...

Rebecca, May 30, 2010 IP
  11. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A 70% female population may more closely approximate heaven, for Babak. One thinks of having ones pick of the lovely Iranian women(supply/demand/market economics and all that). I, on the other hand, have this image of a female dominated population where men are treated as subordinates. I can't picture myself in a zipper mask, or at least I won't admit it in public.

Obamanation, May 30, 2010 IP
  12. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think such big number of girls entrance to universities in Iran shows that families more support female than male. should not consider female are more smart and clever than male.

babak44, May 30, 2010 IP
  13. vibinhari

vibinhari Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Is this thread a bad place to post a really funny cartoon of Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) ? :D

vibinhari, May 30, 2010 IP
  14. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Duh!

But do it anyway :)

sarahk, May 30, 2010 IP
  15. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You're so funny.

I'm going to start the first annual Matriarchy Day just for you. I just made a Blogspot blog for it and everything. LOL.:)

What day should it be celebrated on?

Rebecca, May 30, 2010 IP
  16. tomy_gun

tomy_gun Peon

Best Answers:
    Today because of this terrorism.

tomy_gun, May 31, 2010 IP
  17. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Why are you quoting my post with some unrelated link about Israel?

Rebecca, May 31, 2010 IP
  18. kashifyy

kashifyy Peon

Best Answers:
    LAHORE: A Pakistani court on Monday ordered authorities to restore access to Facebook, nearly two weeks after the popular social networking website was blocked nationwide in a row over blasphemy.

Justice Ejaz Chaudhry of the Lahore High Court issued the directive, reversing a May 19 order on the Pakistan Telecommunications Authority (PTA) to block Facebook over “blasphemous” drawings of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) on the website.

“Restore Facebook. We don't want to block access to information,” Chaudhry told the court.

A contest organised by a Facebook user calling on people to draw the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) to promote “freedom of expression” sparked a major blacklash in the conservative Muslim country of 170 million.

Islam strictly prohibits the depiction of any prophet as blasphemous and even moderate Muslims were deeply offended by the drawings that appeared on a Facebook page in an answer to the call for an “Everyone Draw Mohammed Day”.

A group of Islamic lawyers petitioned the Lahore court, which had ordered Facebook blocked until May 31 and the PTA then banned YouTube and restricted access to other websites, including Wikipedia.

Chaudhry on Monday asked the government to develop a system to block access to “blasphemous” content on the Internet, which he said was already in place in Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

“It is the government's job to take care of such things, which spark resentment among the people and bring them onto the streets. They should take steps to block any blasphemous content on the Internet,” Chaudhry said.

The court Monday adjourned until June 15 the petitions from the Islamic lawyers.

Mudassir Hussain, an official from the information technology ministry, told the court that all links to “blasphemous” content on the Internet would remain blocked in Pakistan.

Pakistan last week restored access to YouTube - which together with Facebook accounts for up to 25 per cent of Internet traffic in Pakistan - but 1,200 web pages of “sacrilegious” content were blocked as of Thursday.

Islamic activists and students took to the streets, shouting “Death to Facebook” and burned US flags, venting anger over “Everyone Draw Mohammed Day”.

But although the caricatures were universally condemned in Pakistan, the Internet-literate urban elite criticised the blanket ban on websites.

There are an estimated 2.5 million Facebook users in Pakistan and demonstrations over the controversy did not spread to other Muslim countries.

kashifyy, May 31, 2010 IP
  19. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Welcome back to Facebook, kashifyy! :)

Rebecca, May 31, 2010 IP
  20. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    If only the average human were as civilized as you!

No one is forcing you to participate in modern civilization. There's still plenty of available space in Afghanistan's wonderful cave-based real estate network. :p

Will.Spencer, May 31, 2010 IP