1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Proud to be a Pakistani (Amazing Facts about Pakistan)

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by phyza, May 28, 2009.

1. takecare4ever

takecare4ever Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]
    Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi a Pakistani tennis star wins first time doubles’ title of South African Open Tennis Tournament (SAOTT). Rohan Bopanna an Indian player was his partner in the doubles’ event matches, played in Johannesburg, South Africa.

The Pakistan and Indian doubles’ couple battled with Czech Slovakia’s Carol Back and Herral Levi of Israel in the final counter of the tournament.

Rohan and Aisam lifted their first ATP tour title as a pair in their 3rd final appearence. This was Rohan’s 2nd ATP tour title and Aisam’s first. Rohan won first title with with Eric Butorac at Los Angeles 2008.

Rohan and Asiam started badly losing first 4 games and lost first set in 30 mins. In second set at 1-all match was suspended due to rain . That break turned out blessing for them as they came out firing all cylinders. They won second set breaking Beck and Levy in 6th game. In super tie-break they were down with mini-break at 0-2. But they got double mini-break on Beck and Levy’s serve to make it 3-2. They got another mini-break on 13th point after that Rohan served out for match winning 2 points on his serve to win match in 68 mins.

Source: PakBits

takecare4ever, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  2. Vebtools

Vebtools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Trucks are much colorful than buss

[​IMG]

here is a copy from USA

[​IMG]

You can find Pakistani Truck in Different countries Musium and i amy trying to search the pictures of Resturent in London which is same like PAkistani Trucks

Vebtools, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  3. mi25

mi25 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Some amazing pictures, very beautiful scenery. I heard somewhere in the news that the Swat valley was a major tourist attraction once. To bad for Pakistani people that the Islamic terrorists extremist have moved in the area and is no longer save for tourists to visit that part of the country.

mi25, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  4. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Nice. They're kind of like American 60's hippie buses...

[​IMG]

Rebecca, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  5. samser_m

samser_m Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Got some new info regarding Pakistan, nature pictures are great!

I like that truck's decoration, have seen similar here in India too :)

What about recipes? Would any Pakistani brother provide the best recipes info, would like to try at home.

samser_m, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  6. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The Invincible 167 Million : 6th largest Nation of the World - Invincible? India took out Bangladesh from Pak in 5 days.

World’s highest Polo ground at Shandur, Northern Pakistan. - Er..how's building a ground with grass and plastic chairs a few meters over sea level an achievment?

Karakoram Highway : Eighth Wonder of the World - China built it not pakistan

World’s Largest Deep Sea Port : Gwader - Built by China, operated by Singapore

Khewra Mines : Second Largest Salt Mine in the World - Salt has been mined at Khewra since 320 BC, the real Mine was constructed by Indian Raja's

Haleji Lake : Asia’s largest Bird Sanctuary - Wrong. http://bit.ly/bPsnNe BTW whatever birds come their come out of habit, not because they love Pakistan

Thar Desert : One amongst the largest deserts in the World - also known as the Great Indian Desert, 91% falls in India. 9% in pakistan lol, what are you proud about?

The land of oldest Civilization : Indus Valley and Mohenjo-Daro - Did Pakistanis built it? Anyways most of it is in India.

Pakistan: World's 9th Largest English Speaking Country - 9th? :eek: (BTW its 10) India's at No 2, even Nigeria is at 3.

Pakistan: World 7th largest Pool of Scientists and Engineer - Still Pakistan had to steal the Nuclear Bomb and ask US for Military supplies like planes etc.

Pakistan: 7th largest Standing Arm Force in the World - India's army is double that of Pakistan, anyways large army is nothing to be proud of.

Air force :Air Commodore MM ALAM has a world record of shooting down 5 Indian planes in less than a Minute - Alam was a Bengali born on 6 July 1935 in Calcutta, India. His family migrated to East Pakistan with the onset of the Partition of India.None of which is currently in pakistan.

Pakistan : The Roof Top of the World - It's Tibet Ma'am

Pakistan the land of grand mountain ranges, a land that holds 4 out of 14 most highest peaks in the world. K2 the second highest mountain in the world with all it’s grandeur symbolizing the pride and strength of the people of Pakistan. - Did pakistanis built them?

Pakistan: K2 the 2nd highest mountain peak in the World - ^^^

Pakistan: Nanga Parbat 9th Highest Peak in the World - ^^^^

Pakistan: Lalazar often termed as most beautiful place on earth - Beauty is a matter of perspective.

Now let us hear some real achievments that Pakistanis themselves did after independence, except spreading terrorism and promoting it. :) :)

Awaiting Eagerly,

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
    Helvetii, Apr 3, 2010 IP
  7. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's copyright infringement, ofcourse Macdonalds, paypals and other big companies won't touch Pakistan with a 1000 mile long bargepole so you get away with it. But still I don't understand what's there to be proud about in this?

Not one woman in the photo, why? Phyza IMO you should show your activism in the country to fight for women rights rather than defending it.

And all those beautiful photos of north Pakistan are from the part of Kashmir which is under illegal occupation by pakistan. Keep it beautiful till we take it back. The beauty of the part of Kashmir with India is already destroyed by the terrorists sent by Pakistan, there's something to be ashamed of.
    You want to see more beautiful pictures of terrorist camps north Pakistan? Here you go:
    [​IMG]

And here's what they do:

[​IMG]

More for you http://www.kashmir-information.com/Terrorism/machine.html

Helvetii, Apr 3, 2010 IP
  8. Radz

Radz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The Bombay attacks reportedly killed the people who had uncovered links between the terrorists and elements of the Indian military.

"The Mumbai Anti Terrorism Squad chief Hemant Karkare and other officers of the Anti Terrorism Squad have been killed.

"These were the same people who were investigating the Malegaon Blasts – in which Praggya Singh, an (Indian) army officer and several other noted personalities of the (right-wing 'fascist') BJP-RSS-Bajrang Dal-VHP were arrested."

And Remember Gujarat Massacre Orchestrated by High Ranking Officials who are members of the RSS Terrorist Group including Modi? Do I show you half burned pictures of muslim Kids from the incident? And Remember The Banned Movie in india "The Final Solution" which isn't made by a Muslim, reveals the face of Extremist Hindu Politians from BJP & Shiv Sena.

Check Yourself, and they are from Indian Newspaper:
    Ramesh Dave VHP's point man who planned attacks on Muslims in Kalupur and Dariyapur

http://www.tehelka.com/story_main35.asp?filename=Ne031107spycam_videos.asp

Enough of childish gimmies-abusing here does not help anyone…and neither this is some sort of competition of blames. Helvetii, I can show you hundreds of screenshot like that & you will bite your fingers that whats going on behind the scene. You guys can never learn.

Radz, Apr 3, 2010 IP
  9. janemcgrath

janemcgrath Peon

Best Answers:
    I am proud Pakistani?

janemcgrath, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  10. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Is that a question? lol. Np, I can understand the dilemma.

Helvetii, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  11. shaibibutt

shaibibutt Member

Best Answers:
    Wow... Pakistan is the BEST

shaibibutt, May 22, 2010 IP
  12. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I'd difficult to think positively of a nation which is currently most famous for:
    • Trying to blow up Times Square
    • Trying to block free speech on the Internet
    • Murdering each other during church services

Perhaps the PR blitz should be put on hold until the bad acting is under control.

Will.Spencer, May 28, 2010 IP
  13. funforums

funforums Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you call this Freedom of speech? right? lol. I just posted on this thread
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1807605&p=14225778#post14225778 and guess what? I got a red reputation LOL!! is this freedom of speech right? I've just posted my opinion there, but no problem, The man who sends me a negative will also receive a negative :). The international media is just showing the worst part of Pakistan, which is not, We are fighting against terrorism, and one day we will win this fight, inshAllah :)

funforums, May 28, 2010 IP
  14. clbyodo

clbyodo Peon

Best Answers:
    Errr
    Its madrassa or Mosque:D

clbyodo, May 28, 2010 IP
  15. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I was trying to give the comment a more general "feel". :)

Will.Spencer, May 31, 2010 IP
  16. Joe128139

Joe128139 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats very interesting. Lots of thing here that you never ever hear about in the US and it definitely changes my point of view about the country.

Joe128139, May 31, 2010 IP
  17. masterrio

masterrio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    its nice to see some facts about pakistan which are un-known for me even though its just next to our nation

well to feel proud about a country for shooting down planes is abnormal
    were Guinness Records person present in the warfare to check out the 1 minute shoot out, come on be practical and don't feel proud for killing down men in the war

masterrio, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  18. moonwalker

moonwalker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds awesome, but I heard you guys are mean to chicks out there.

moonwalker, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  19. sar420

sar420 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Helvetii, you made me your fan :D

sar420, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  20. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You compare red rep to what, the penalty in Pakistan for blasphemy? ;0

By the way, something interesting a Muslim friend has shown me the other day:
    Islam and most Christian churches: Controlled by the same people?
    [​IMG]

As for the issue you raised, we’d like to state that “the crescent moon and star symbol actually pre-dates Islam by several thousand years. Information on the origins of the symbol are difficult to ascertain, but most sources agree that these ancient celestial symbols were in use by the peoples of Central Asia and Siberia in their worship of sun, moon, and sky gods. There are also reports that the crescent moon and star were used to represent the Carthaginian goddess Tanit or the Greek goddess Diana.

The city of Byzantium (later known as Constantinople and Istanbul) adopted the crescent moon symbol. According to some reports, they chose it in honor of the goddess Diana. Others indicate that it dates back to a battle in which the Romans defeated the Goths on the first day of a lunar month. In any event, the crescent moon was featured on the city’s flag even before the birth of Christ.

The early Muslim community did not really have a symbol. During the time of the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) Islamic armies and caravans flew simple solid-colored flags (generally black, green, or white) for identification purposes. In later generations, the Muslim leaders continued to use a simple black, white, or green flag with no markings, writing, or symbolism on it.

It wasn’t until the Ottoman Empire that the crescent moon and star became affiliated with the Muslim world. When the Turks conquered Constantinople (Istanbul) in 1453, they adopted the city’s existing flag and symbol. Legend holds that the founder of the Ottoman Empire, Othman, had a dream in which the crescent moon stretched from one end of the earth to the other. Taking this as a good omen, he chose to keep the crescent and make it the symbol of his dynasty. There is speculation that the five points on the star represent the five daily prayers, but this is pure conjecture. The five points were not standard on the Ottoman flags, and it is also not standard on flags used in the Muslim world today.

For hundreds of years, the Ottoman Empire ruled over the Muslim world. After centuries of battle with Christian Europe, it is understandable how the symbols of this empire became linked in people’s minds with the faith of Islam as a whole.

Based on this history, many Muslims reject using the crescent moon as a symbol of Islam. The faith of Islam has historically adopted no symbol, and many refuse to accept what is essentially an ancient pagan icon.”

Excerpted, with slight modifications, from:

http://islam.about.com/library/weekly/aa060401b.htm

The American Muslim scholar, Sheik Yusuf Estes, Director of islamtomorrow.com, and National Chaplain WAMY, adds:

“The symbol of Islam IS NOT the crescent moon and the star, but it was used by the last Islamic Dynasty, the Ottoman’s. The Ottoman Empire deemed it appropriate to use the star and crescent as their symbols, but not the symbols of Islam. I repeat, the star and the crescent moon are not a part of the religion of Islam. Because Islam is so strict on the concept of no other gods with Allah; and no images of any kind; it is a mistake to consider that Islam authorized the general use of such things. Additionally, Islam forbids the images (statues) of any kinds of humans, animals or any of Allah’s creations, so how about using a symbol for Islam?”

Read more:http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/...FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503544398#ixzz0prllsFaA

Blogmaster, Jun 5, 2010 IP