1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stop with the auto blogging!

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by noahqw, Apr 19, 2010.

People you have to stop with the auto blogging tools. This doesn't work. Not only does it lower your overall blog's quality search engines such as Google penalize you. It's called a Google Slap. Look it up. Also no one will visit a blog that is automated because it low quality. If you look at my blog Geek Com I keep original content that ISN'T auto blogged. Anyways I hope you choose not to use automated blogging tools.

noahqw, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  2. lelkoun

lelkoun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Never heard about this issue. What does it mean? :)

lelkoun, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  3. proxywhereabouts

proxywhereabouts Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Any fact to support your post?

proxywhereabouts, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  4. noahqw

noahqw Member

Best Answers:
    Basically it's an automated system that posts blog posts to your blog automatically when you tell it to.

noahqw, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  5. noahqw

noahqw Member

Best Answers:
    I had a friend who did this... First he had a well growing successful blog. He kept pumping out quality content, and then one day he heard of automated blogging system plugin. He tried (note he had a PR of four) this plugin and his websites traffic/page rank drastically changed for the worst. His website page rank dropped to one which obviously shows Google slapped him. Then his visitor count gradually declined to less then one visits. I'm not going to try and convince. You choose.

noahqw, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  6. carterstory

carterstory Peon

Best Answers:
    What tool was your buddy using? Was it quality posts or were the posts garbage?
    Ther are a lot of factors that go into traffic and PR.. so just saying that auto-blogging killed his PR and traffic may not be the case.. it may have been the tool he was using.

Disclaimer: Right now We are generating all of our own content and haven't looked into auto-blogging much yet..

carterstory, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  7. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    Autoblogs sucks anyway, usually they are made for adsense or some webmasters use them as their link farms. But i'd say that, either way, autoblogs are useless.

Oranges, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  8. touchjijo

touchjijo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think so. Although we don't like reading autoblogs, people can make a good revenue out of it. Certainly, It's one of the easiest and best way to make money blogging.

touchjijo, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  9. jinmin

jinmin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Autoblog works if you do it the right way. It can also lasts for years without being penalized by Google. Most importantly, it depends on what kind of content you post on your blog.

I know a lot of autoblogger post junk content to the blogger blog as well as wordpress.com blog. They use translation tool to translate the original english article multiple times (eg spanish - chinese- english) to make it unique, most of the times, it produces unreadable content but unique from google eyes. This is also unethical as stealing other people content to make it unique but never give credit to the owner.

Some ethical autoblogger post article from articlebase or various other sites like amazon, clickbank, ebay, which is fine and nothing wrong as they are not stealing content but rather syndicate it via RSS and share it to the reader. Some creative blogger diversify their content with video and images as well which great as it give more value to the reader and at the same time increase the blog stickiness.

jinmin, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  10. GreatQuality

GreatQuality Peon

Best Answers:
    No, Google Do Not Slap Auto blogs because they are just auto blog. Google slap spammers and idiots how wrote"CLick here" near adsence ads. Maybe your friend made spammy web site and coppied everything that was copy righted. I Use wp-robo and its awesome, have never been banned.

GreatQuality, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  11. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Just like in everything else in life, there are some people that make money by putting out a quality product and cashing in on various income sources that last, and some people just want to make the a quick buck with as little work as possible.

People who auto blog will never know how much money they can really make by having a quality site that other companies want to do business with. For them it's all about manipulation and tricks.

This is nothing new in every aspect of life. We all have friends that never commit to anything and are always bouncing from one "hot new thing" to another.
    This is no different.

I used to get upset over it, but when I look at people struggling because they won't do the work, or happy with $50 a month, I don't even think of them on the same level as real webmasters and web publishers. The aren't. Yeah, they may make a little here and there, but any of us make 5x's that on one site just by doing a little bit of work.

Autoblogging product feeds is one thing...the affiliates make it available to do so, but autoblogging other peoples content...those aren't webmasters, those are people dabbling in the web that just happen to know where this forum is.

There is a difference

People who autoblog other peoples content to populate their website full of ads, are no different from DVD pirates, and people who sell fake watches and knock of purses and pass them off as real.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
    hmansfield, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  12. freddythom

freddythom Peon

Best Answers:
    It really depends, some autoblogs make money, it just can't be as quick or easy as people make it out to be, there needs to be time put in..

freddythom, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  13. HiMyNameIsErez

HiMyNameIsErez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yea you right,for the long time quality content will be much better than autoblog content

HiMyNameIsErez, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  14. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of people talking nonsense here.
    "Autobloggers get penalized by Google" or "Autobloggers get their Adsense account banned".

Complete NONSENSE!
    I run over 150 autoblogs for about 2 years now and make good money with it.
    Never get penalized, never got my Adsense account banned!

If you guys use extreme blackhat SEO technics on your blogs and let clickbots click your Adsense ads, yes... that may be the reason to get both banned. :)

ilook, May 25, 2010 IP
  15. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    They do work, but they take a long time to mature and they really aren't worth it. When you put love and care into a blog, that's when you'll really see growth

Ascendancy, May 25, 2010 IP
  16. ceaseer

ceaseer Peon

Best Answers:
    Auto-blogging is only as good as the person using the tool. I use it and love it. I have the tool pulling from multiple rss feeds and pulling the full content. However, it saves everything as drafts and when I do not have time to write something I have a decent selection to pick from.

Do not brand auto-blogging tools as not working. It is all in the tool and the user who uses it.

ceaseer, May 25, 2010 IP
  17. cindywatts

cindywatts Guest

Best Answers:
    I recently purchased a niche blog with an autoblogged plug-in. I'm very new to this so it's been interesting reading so many different opinions on the matter. As for me, I think I'll go ahead and create my own unique content and love on my site a bit before looking at other options.

cindywatts, May 26, 2010 IP
  18. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Alright Cindy.
    Wish you all the best with your new blog :)

ilook, May 27, 2010 IP
  19. sxcnelson

sxcnelson Peon

Best Answers:
    Never heard anything like that
    Hope its not true :D

sxcnelson, May 27, 2010 IP
  20. erline

erline Peon

Best Answers:
    I have an already 2,5 years auto blog. This blog brings about 250-300 Unique each day (google analytics) but it just seen these numbers when it is 2 years old. So, auto blog does works but it takes a lot of times to see real traffic coming to it.

erline, May 27, 2010 IP