1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PS3 Slim can't play PS2 games without burning a new copy

Discussion in 'Games' started by teamdms, May 20, 2010.

I recently purchased a 120GB PS3 slim and understand that there is no backwards compatibility with it. But before I purchased it, a friend of mine told me that all I would need to do to play all my old PS2 games, was to go into the Playstation Store and download the PS2 System Data.

I did that but my PS2 games still won't play because I guess that is only for games that require a hard drive. The games I want to play most on my PS3 are GTA San Andreas, GTA Vice City and GTA 3.

I was doing some google searches and I came across someone who said that there was a way to take a game, convert it to PS3 format and then burn it onto DVD. This person failed to explain how to do it and I can't find any information about this on the internet.

Does anyone know how I could transfer PS2 games into a PS3 format?

teamdms, May 20, 2010 IP
  2. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    why not buy a ps2? its so damn cheap these days

Project Mobius, May 21, 2010 IP
  3. billmc

billmc Peon

Best Answers:
    Well that sucks badly.
    Do what Project Mobius suggested, there are so many of them and they are so cheap.

billmc, May 22, 2010 IP
  4. msk19994

msk19994 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    play them on ur computer if u dont want to buy ps2

msk19994, May 22, 2010 IP
  5. Zor Prime

Zor Prime Peon

Best Answers:
    I doubt you can transfer PS2 games into PS3 format, the disc would require a special encryption code to run as a PS3 game I believe.

Zor Prime, May 22, 2010 IP
  6. kyekye1991

kyekye1991 Peon

Best Answers:
    You won’t have a hard time to learn how to backup PS3 games with copying software. If you want to make backups and copies from original games, you should have a burner and a few of blank DVDs or CDs. Once you’ve got that and these software, than you only have to do 3 things after you already installed it on your PC.

kyekye1991, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  7. Scoty

Scoty Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not for people in Melbourne, cashies has them used for $55 and I think Target still wants like $150 for them new:S Australia is screwed up for some things because it's relatively far away, unlike European countries etc. where there's lots of shipping lanes and paths. It like living 5-10 years in the past sometimes.

As for converting them for PS3, well you can burn multiple PS games to a DVD and play them on PS2, but then again PS2 was full backwards compatible.

It's why I still won't buy a PS3 until I can get my original 60gb(I was days from buying it - didn't have enough money at the time, waiting to be paid - then SCEE released the crappy 40gb vers and the price shot up and stock was sold out).

When I was back in Scotland though last year I got an original silver PS2 cheap on ebay :cool: I hate the slimline ones they look gay (goes for PS3 too)

Scoty, Jun 8, 2010 IP