1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Spinning % Uniqueness Recommendations

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by chapsticker, May 14, 2010.

I have a simple question...I'm doing some article marketing and need to spin some articles. What is the rule of thumb for % uniqueness for each spun article? Anyone have any advice for me...

chapsticker, May 14, 2010 IP
  2. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, the rule of uniqueness and value for an article that exchanges commons words is ZERO. That is because although the machine says 31% unique and passes Copyscape, it might be 1% to 5% unique in the eyes of Google. Try this search on Google: Google stop words list. You take a word, that Google skips over and replace it with another word that Google skips over.

I might be taking on a challenging freelance unique position with a major place. Plus I have made inside connections with another firm supplying 500 ADs. Then an additional one that has a ring of 28 ADs. Yes, for some "writers" the AD could mean after death.

Question my validity? Go ahead, but I will not respond. On this I am sworn to confidentiality at this point. Dot here at DP (dorthy.dot) could verify, and I am sure she knows what it might be. All I can say, if I combine my proven technique with their money, the word spinning will spin no more. (or much, much less.)

dyadvisor, May 14, 2010 IP
  3. freshdevelopment

freshdevelopment Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, spinning articles is the same or worse than duplicate content. Why?

Google indexes quality content only.

How do you determine quality content? You can partially do so by links (your spun articles aren't going to get many links) but you can also programaticaly determine how good the content is based on grammar rules and more. If your content doesn't read well, Google will know. If your content doesn't read well, Google won't give it any weight.

freshdevelopment, May 14, 2010 IP
    Ajeet likes this.
  4. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    freshdevelopment you nailed it. There are millions of sites that Google never pays a second visit to.

Sounds like you snuck a few lines from my upcoming book. Actually duplicate content can have value, if it not on your site. Major blogs post duplicate content of QUALITY articles on their site. It bring them more readers that come back. You get the benefit on having your link reproduced in the blog. With a QUALITY article I have had this occur on numerous occasions, over 100 times. However, the blog usually pulled it from the article directory. Well put response.

dyadvisor, May 14, 2010 IP
  5. ronmac

ronmac Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    FreshD, your the king! like quality is king. FreshD has nailed it on the head.

ronmac, May 14, 2010 IP
  6. InkCreativeStudios

InkCreativeStudios Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ditto. What the others said. You could spend your money buying PLR content and spinning it, or take your time to write one great article and share it with a PR8 website and get more benefits with less hassle.

InkCreativeStudios, May 14, 2010 IP
  7. Ganceann

Ganceann Peon

Best Answers:
    Article spinning is not duplicate content, but it is not strictly unique content either. In the same sense, the same article appearing on multiple sites is not duplicate content - it is syndicated content and has its own value for sites that host syndicated content.

Duplicate content can only exist on sites owned by the same person or company. Spun articles can achieve more sources of links and allow greater variety in anchor text linking into a site, but it does not mean it will get included in a search engine index if the site hosting the spun content is poor quality. Syndicated content is the same article hosted on many sites with the same anchor text link or call to action. It can get indexed on several sites and can drive direct traffic from those sites - not necessarily from search engines.

If an article is extremely high quality, it will not need to be spun - it will just need great syndication to generate targeted traffic to a site. However, spun articles can be used to keep getting fresh links from new sources, varying anchor link text and covering many different keywords.

Ganceann, May 16, 2010 IP
  8. combson

combson Member

Best Answers:
    It is a well known fact that content is the king! But quality content can bring popularity and uniqueness, and get you good links pointing to your website!

combson, May 16, 2010 IP
  9. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    You should aim for at least 30% unique.

The more the merrier, obviously, but the bottom line is... 30% unique and linguistically correct is better than 90% unique gibberish.

contentboss, May 20, 2010 IP
  10. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Contentboss, I partially agree with your logic.

Your opinions are certainly welcome, and should not be outweighed by my opinion. However, I need some clarification from you, if you do not take it offensively.

So I am NOT trying to start a battle, but would like to understand more. Your website promotes the use of PLR articles, and fooling the search engines. Do you not believe in people using their brain to write, instead of being lazy?

Now, I know a way your program, lets say, could benefit writers. Work with search engine principles, and make it easier for writers to earn more.

Is your plan to eliminate writers or assist them?

------ Now, I do not want to judge. If you do not want to respond that is fine. The topic is about article uniqueness, and in my opinion only, rearranging other people's content leans more toward plagiarism than originality.------no harm meant---------------------

dyadvisor, May 20, 2010 IP
  11. Selfhelp

Selfhelp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've found that article spinners didn't cut it anyway because even if they spin out something that's readable it still didn't meet my standards. I often get stuck creating my own content though, so I started to take a good PLR article and read it through.. and then write my own article using that as a guide one paragraph at a time. This invariably turns out a better article than the original. It's in my own words and expression, and it doesn't take me long to do it because I have my general direction and focus from the PLR. For me this is the perfect answer to getting good original content that I can create fairly quickly.

Selfhelp, May 20, 2010 IP
  12. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    FORGET THE PLR, IT HAS BEEN REWRITTEN UP TO 150,000 TIMES ALREADY.

I will give you a "secret" easy method I personally do not use. Why? I write completely original articles often exposing what people should be aware of.

However, at least do it so it is not just another piece of scrap junk. Here is the trick. get a subject request from your customer, say a real tough one like colon cleanse. Go to Google, and enter:ezinearticles colon cleanse. Choose 2 of the top ones that go together.
    Print them out, and read them. Set them aside, and attempt to write a better article. You might find your article higher ranked, read more often, and picked up by more blogs. It is easier to not cheat. Many article directories have software to spot PLR articles & reject, no matter how smart you think you are at fooling them.

dyadvisor, May 20, 2010 IP
  13. Selfhelp

Selfhelp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use the same concept when I do an article based on my good PLR.. I use the PLR for inspiration and then write something better. I never thought to do it with already published articles though. Thanks for that.
    Cheers

Selfhelp, May 20, 2010 IP
  14. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    We don't recommend 'stealing' anyone else's work. The PLR articles on our site are specifically designed to be rewritten - in fact, that's usually a condition of using them that the original author insists upon. We strongly recommend rewriting your own material every time you submit it somewhere, otherwise you're basically wasting your time (search engines exist to supply a good 'user experience' to their users. Showing a page with 10 links to the exact same article is almost a definition of a 'bad' user experience).

There are always going to be people who will steal others work unfortunately. You could in fact argue that by rewriting the stolen content (not that we advocate it, of course), these people are lessening the problem, because at least their =rewritten version won't collide in the Google SERPS with your own (or it will interfere less than a 100% straight copy would, at any rate).

contentboss, May 27, 2010 IP
  15. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Contentboss:

Your response is appreciated. This is a major area of abuse. It appears that you could be in the midst of something that could be beneficial. If so I am all for it. You could answer here or otherwise, a few questions, concerns, and concepts that I have.

Again this are not meant in a negative manner.
    1. What is the maximum number of copies of your formerly unique article do you use? I know that 110 times is about the maximum and not 150,000.
    2. Does every copy turn out the same, or range about 100 words in length?
    3. Is there sentence restructuring being used?
    4. Are the use of substitutions for stop words being employed?
    5. Is there capability to add logical sentences from the program itself, to make it unique?

I am starting the process, of creating a software program using outsourcing. However if you have these features, it would make your product a super candidate for doing an article rewrite, saving me major expense.

Owning a few article directories and having some top contacts, I might be able to help you. My only concern is people losing jobs by a machine. With my concepts added it would enhance writers and not destroy them.

Thank you very much for responding-----I see the capabilities you have set up. However I am not currently aware of how much uniqueness other than source you provide. There is a solution, and you could be the first to accomplish it better than anyone else----have a great day.

dyadvisor, May 27, 2010 IP