1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Reduce bounce rate

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by kajaljess, May 10, 2010.

Hi,

How can i reduce the bounce rate for my website? I used to get 20,000 visitors per month but the bounce rate is 70%. I need to reduce the bounce rate.

Thanks
    Kajal

kajaljess, May 10, 2010 IP
  2. seolion

seolion Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need to identify the reason behind their bounce first. Look for the keywords which bounce the highest and try to add related content which they are looking for.

Are you referring to a blog here? Blogs do get a higher bounce rate as most visits directly land into the blog post and exit from there.

seolion, May 12, 2010 IP
  3. navigatorprague

navigatorprague Peon

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate depend on your visitors. How many visitor spend their time on your website? If your website belong to NEWS site, Entertainment site, product site then visitor spend their time more than 3 to 5 min on the website, which is really good to decrease bounce rate.

Jennie

navigatorprague, May 12, 2010 IP
  4. CarlDia

CarlDia Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no simple answer to what is causing your high bounce rate. If there was a simple answer, everyone would know what it was, and it would no longer be a problem. Frequently it is a problem of unmet, or false, expectations. In other words, something caused them to click on a link that brought them to your website. When they get their, they don't immediately see what they expected and click away. Or, once they get there, they are turned off because the site doesn't have credibility. Many factors feed into website credibility, and only a professional analysis is going to find them all. Professional conversion analysis or conversion optimization is a question of investing pennies to collect dollars.

CarlDia, May 13, 2010 IP
  5. Alan Smith

Alan Smith Active Member

Best Answers:
    if your content, design and site structure are not good then bounce rate might be increase. So first take care about that. check your google analytics from which web page visitor exit it will help to analyse which web page you need to improve.

Alan Smith, May 13, 2010 IP
  6. aadisharma

aadisharma Peon

Best Answers:
    If your content quality is good enough, may be you need more action elements from your website users.

aadisharma, May 14, 2010 IP
  7. GettingMoneyWise

GettingMoneyWise Peon

Best Answers:
    Even for the bounce rate is kinda high, in the 70's! One possilbe reason that i found is that at my blog 'Getting Money Wise' gets lot of traffic via Google Images.Now m sure the traffic from there does not stay on the blog and read anything and hence, that ends up increasing the bounce rate. Generally, analytics are a great way to get some understanding of why the bounce rate could be particularly high

GettingMoneyWise, May 14, 2010 IP
  8. omarabid

omarabid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think 70% is not that high, most sites has that 70%! also don't forget that Google Analytics isn't that precise.

omarabid, May 14, 2010 IP
  9. WordpressSEO

WordpressSEO Peon

Best Answers:
    quality content.

WordpressSEO, May 14, 2010 IP
  10. GettingMoneyWise

GettingMoneyWise Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the quick reply, i have generally heard that a 45-50% bounce rate is considered good ensuring that visitors are actually spending time on the site! My blog's content is well received but the reach is kind of low. I have been wondering if i should be making a move to self-hosted wordpress platform if that helps increase the traffic

GettingMoneyWise, May 14, 2010 IP
  11. omarabid

omarabid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    not really, it's about how you present them

omarabid, May 15, 2010 IP
  12. seodash

seodash Member

Best Answers:
    true. So it's important to make your site user-friendly.

seodash, May 15, 2010 IP
  13. Serious Workers

Serious Workers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your presentation depends for bounce rate nothing else.

Serious Workers, May 15, 2010 IP
  14. mhmdkhamis

mhmdkhamis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    good and real conent will help you

mhmdkhamis, May 15, 2010 IP
  15. clbyodo

clbyodo Peon

Best Answers:
    The bouncing rate depends on the quality content.

clbyodo, May 15, 2010 IP
  16. whitespparow

whitespparow Peon

Best Answers:
    there are many reasons behind the Bounce Rate. Your landing page optimization, lacking of interesting content, Visitors may not find the products or services they are looking for.

whitespparow, May 16, 2010 IP
  17. kumar2

kumar2 Peon

Best Answers:
    First you need to check, those are are quality visits OR not..?
    If Quality visits means(Related to your target geographic location), later you need to check witch keyword bounce rated increased.?
    Next you need to check, that keyword related content is there OR not in your site.?
    If that keyword is not there means, You need to prepare the content and update it. Other wise rewrite the content, targeting the long tail keywords..

kumar2, May 17, 2010 IP
  18. HarryJackson

HarryJackson Peon

Best Answers:
    Having 20,000 visitors and bounce rate of 70% mean that you have about 7000 visitors that may change to client or they have interest in your site, try to add some thing new in your site content and try to get visitors from Search Engines rather then referring sites or social media traffic. I have notice ont thing that SE visitors stay more then social media visitors.

HarryJackson, May 17, 2010 IP
  19. onlinesujeet

onlinesujeet Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you just analysis your site, what is your services. I think your services is not good then analysis your site and update according to visitor requirement....but its not easy..

onlinesujeet, May 18, 2010 IP
  20. anthony parsons

anthony parsons Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Remove any rubbish tactics / techniques you have employed within your website to gain more traffic for starters. There are lots off people around who still use the old SEO strategies, traffic, traffic, traffic. The only thing that does is give you a huge bounce ratio, often a greater server load and poorer site performance for your actual real visitors. A well designed, easy to navigate, friendly website that each product / service / information topic can be easily found from a simple category structure. Get rid of anything that targets longtail traffic for starters, as that is usually the largest factor in increasing your bounce rate as you are targeting 99% nonsense traffic.

K.I.S.S principle - Keep It Simple Stupid! Any good web designer or marketer should tell you the same thing.

anthony parsons, May 18, 2010 IP