1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why did adsense accept my site?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by newby, May 14, 2010.

This is all new to me and I need a little info.
    I started a website in december using a Godaddy template. So my site doesn't look that great, you can tell an amatuer did it.
    I sell handmade items, I usually get less then ten visitors a day, I make a few sales a week.
    So just for the heck of it, I applied for an Adsense account and they accepted.

First of all, I can't understand why they accepted me.
    And second, do I really want to bother with it? From what I read here, it seems I will be earning nothing or a few pennies at best.
    Will if hurt my future prospects with adsense if I decline this time?
    Thanks

newby, May 14, 2010 IP
  2. WordpressSEO

WordpressSEO Peon

Best Answers:

I dont understand what you are asking.

You do not have to decline....just do not install the ads.

Google cannot loose. They want impressions regardless.

You dont get paid until you make 100. They have made plenty more by then.

Its win win for Google

WordpressSEO, May 14, 2010 IP
    newby likes this.
  3. omarabid

omarabid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so you have just applied and they accepted; you can leave your account inactive and use it another time when you need it

omarabid, May 14, 2010 IP
    newby likes this.
  4. AdVerter

AdVerter Peon

Best Answers:
    well you need to be more informed with other options.

cpalead.com, sharecash.org, perfecttracking.com and other affiliate sites.

best thing to do is basically choose 1 that fits your style... and i agree with wordpress... i don't understand what you're asking either

as for my personal preference i would go with cpalead.com. their customer support is awesome and a majority of their content is good.

AdVerter, May 14, 2010 IP
    newby likes this.
  5. Iain Johnstone

Iain Johnstone Peon

Best Answers:
    Google rank there Adsence acceptance based on content. So if your website has unique sales items this will be what gave you the boost.

Even if you don't wont to put adsence on your main website maybe setting up a blog as once your account is accepted you can add adsence to any site you own.

Iain Johnstone, May 14, 2010 IP
    newby likes this.
  6. newby

newby Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your replies.

To clarify, I asked for a adsense account and they gave it to me. Now that I know more about it, I do not want to use adsense on my site at this time.
    So if I don't use this account now, will it effect my ability to start an account with them in the future?

newby, May 14, 2010 IP
  7. slimjim2010

slimjim2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are selling items that you make (on your website), & you have Adsense on your site. You will be sending customers to your competition.

Adsense isn't for every site, are you willing to give up customers for a few extra dollars?

If you don't have a lot of traffic you won't make much money with Adsense.

Save your Adsense account for another site.

slimjim2010, May 14, 2010 IP
  8. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    why apply if you have no idea what to do with it?

internetmarketingiq, May 14, 2010 IP
  9. Serious Workers

Serious Workers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should now keep it as it is, no need to open it.

Serious Workers, May 14, 2010 IP
  10. Doollar

Doollar Guest

Best Answers:
    why are u saying this much methods first apply for that program when u get approved by adsense then suggest us dude ...

Doollar, May 14, 2010 IP
  11. joliber

joliber Peon

Best Answers:
    don't be too confused on the matter.. If you don't want to serve adsense on your site, you do so.. Just place the ads when you think you want it to be placed already..

joliber, May 15, 2010 IP
  12. kasuwa1235

kasuwa1235 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    now adsense approved limited accounts specialy Asian users accounts , good method is infolink and adbrite u can earn good money

kasuwa1235, May 15, 2010 IP
  13. rocker88

rocker88 Peon

Best Answers:
    u know wht.. google os so clever... it accepts less traffic site so tht it doesn't have to pay..and gets payments from advertisers...

rocker88, May 15, 2010 IP
  14. Susan Davies

Susan Davies Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Affiliate marketing is a marketing practice in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought about by the affiliate's marketing efforts. Examples include rewards sites, where users are rewarded with cash or gifts, for the completion of an offer, and the referral of others to the site. The industry has four core players: the merchant (also known as 'retailer' or 'brand'), the network, the publisher (also known as 'the affiliate') and the customer. The market has grown in complexity to warrant a secondary tier of players, including affiliate management agencies, super-affiliates and specialized third parties vendors.

Regards.

Susan Davies, May 15, 2010 IP
  15. WinVaas59

WinVaas59 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am using Google and Geegain. Then I have an experience about these both. You can also try Geegain for advertising and publishing under one account. Geegain gives $ 5.00 free for advertise to new users. Then you can try it and get any idea about it.

WinVaas59, May 16, 2010 IP
  16. rbagaming

rbagaming Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats for the approval mate, if you do not want to use adsense on that particular site, move on with the sales... And later on you can add adsense to another website of yours... :)

Hope this helps, Good Luck ;)

rbagaming, May 16, 2010 IP
  17. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I guess it's because you're from a developped country, so they accept pretty easily new accounts.
    Now, of course you probably have no interest in adding it to your merchant site, it will bring you peanuts (because low traffic) and may drive potential buyers away.
    But you can ad your ads on any other site, you don't need to open a new account for this.
    So there are things to recommend for adsense earnings (good traffic) but in the meantime if you want to keep your account a little active while benefiting your sales, it would be to join adsense revenue sharing sites such as shetoldme.com (full disclosure, it's mine) and countless others that let you create backlinks to your main site while displaying your adsense ads.
    If you need more info, contact me via PM. But it's easy to understand, you should keep your account active and earn some money with it, if you have spare time.

JamesColin, May 16, 2010 IP
  18. baccifinejewelry

baccifinejewelry Peon

Best Answers:
    If adsense team accepted your account, that means that your site follows their TOS. So start to place an ads on your site.

baccifinejewelry, May 16, 2010 IP
  19. Rian

Rian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Newby, don't always pay attention to what you read here about Adsense earnings and people making pennies with it.

Firstly, I agree that your website adheres to the terms and conditions of Adsense and that is why it was given to you. Adsense do not approve accounts based on the website layout or template. It has mainly got to do with content.

Secondly, it is not to say you will earn pennies. The best way to see what your earning potential is with Adsense is to add it to your site and leave it for a month or two. Adsense is by far the best paying PPC program around.

Thirdly, if you do have a website on which you want to sell goods, do one really want to place ads? If you have good traffic and earn a good income from sales, why ad any ads for that matter? It may look to visitors as if your website is not earning a good income and you are trying to make money from ads as well.

Personally I would keep the Adsense account. You could always start a second, third or fourth website later and place adsense on them. But, if you are not interested you can cancel your adsense account. You can always re-apply at a later stage, Google will not keep it against you.

Rian, May 16, 2010 IP
  20. per

per Guest

Best Answers:
    Dont be a stupid and decline. I applied using a entirely different site which no longer exists. use it on the new ones you build.

per, May 17, 2010 IP