1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Kontera and AdSense is not allowed! Joel Comm lies to sell!

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Sohan, Aug 1, 2006.

1. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    I have asked Google twice now, and again they said I may not use Kontera with Google on the same page at the same time..

The rep mentioned that since konetra is contextual, they do not allow it along with adsense. And further more he mentioned that not only contera but any other similar ads are not allowed too.

I am not surprised, after all he is also a human.
    He cant be too perfect ;), but as far as I see he has removed kontera from that page, hasnt he?

And, besides its not the first time when Joel was violating TOS terms. ;)

The Webmaster, Aug 4, 2006 IP
  2. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    No, he's not an agent of Google, he's an agent of Kontera, as he said. And the guys from Vibrant Media (i.e. IntelliTXT) are also agents of Vibrant Media, as they said. They will say anything to keep/make you one of their publishers, for the simple reason that Adsense is dominating the crap out of everyone in CPC. So of course they'll spread news about how they allow everyone's ad networks to be displayed with theirs; they'll even come out outright and tell you that according to Adsense's TOS there's nothing wrong with displaying their ads and Adsense on the same page. So what if you lose your Adsense account because of it? Hell, that just means you're now a permanent publisher of theirs!

It's just business. Adsense is so big it can dictate any rules it wants. Vibrant Media, Adbrite, and Kontera are just happy someone will use their ads so they can make money and chip a little bit out of Adsense's dominance. There IS a reason there are 5 billion ebooks about "How to make money with Adsense" and precisely one book about "How to Make money with Kontera" -- the one Joel Comm wrote.

(Okay, so maybe there are more than one ebook about Kontera/Vibrant Media, but you get the gist.)

BTW, the site I mentioned to Adsense as using both Adsense and IntelliTXT is still using both. This, once again, supports my theory that Adsense is all "see no evil, hear no evil" when it comes to this, and the most they'll do is tell you to remove INtelliTXT -- IF they ask you to remove it at all. I don't believe they'll ban you outright, but then again, it's your account, so act appropriately.

jackburton2006, Aug 4, 2006 IP
  3. kovacs

kovacs Peon

Best Answers:
    The funny thing is that he said he used to be a Google exec. :rolleyes:

kovacs, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  4. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL. I've actually heard that before. "One of our guys used to work for the other guy, and I can tell you that he's told us it's perfectly okay..."

jackburton2006, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  5. kovacs

kovacs Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I don't want to risk my Adsense account. Away with the Kontera ads for now.

kovacs, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  6. genius

genius Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    On some pages I've set kontera on some adsense..I still don't get it how can IntelliTXT can be used and kontera can't...but if google says so ..

genius, Aug 11, 2006 IP
  7. kovacs

kovacs Peon

Best Answers:
    Has anyone been in touch with Kontera regarding this issue? I am unsuccessful - they never reply to my e-mails or support requests.

kovacs, Aug 11, 2006 IP
  8. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Kontera, Vibrant Media, Adbrite, Clicksor -- they all allow you to put their ads with Adsense because Adsense is dominant and they all want a piece of Adsense's action. Adsense, on the other hand, doesn't need anymore publishers, so they can dictate terms. What this means is that EVERYONE ELSE lets you use their ad network with Adsense; it's the other way around that's open to debate.

jackburton2006, Aug 11, 2006 IP
  9. kovacs

kovacs Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I do understand that. I am just curious as to why they have been ignoring my e-mails for three months.

kovacs, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  10. KonteraSupport

KonteraSupport Guest

Best Answers:
    Emails to are answered 7 days a week - we also have a toll free number that is monitored during business hours PST - (877) 242-3374

We'll be happy to address any issue you raise.

KonteraSupport, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  11. kovacs

kovacs Peon

Best Answers:
    I answered your PM. You definitely have not responded to my e-mails, mr KonteraSupport.

kovacs, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  12. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Here, let me sum up what he'll tell you: "Yes, put our ads with Adsense, we don't mind."

jackburton2006, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  13. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    I smell damage control :p

One of your reps came to me and tried to get me to put Kontera on my site..I asked about Google Adsense and they stopped replying! Oh well!

Dekker, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  14. Canadianbacon

Canadianbacon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    So is vibrant media still ok?

Canadianbacon, Sep 14, 2006 IP
  15. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    They say No, but from what I've gathered, they don't enforce it.

jackburton2006, Sep 14, 2006 IP
  16. TooHappy

TooHappy Guest

Best Answers:
    I checked with Google and was told no to vibrant media. I checked again and was told no.

No matter what anyone says, ask google. Once you have an email from Google saying it's OK, then go for it, otherwise, don't take the chance.

TooHappy, Sep 15, 2006 IP
  17. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    And as I said, they say NO, but they DON'T enforce it.

jackburton2006, Sep 16, 2006 IP
  18. jcomm

jcomm Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe this to be the case.

I went back and forth with Google many times... depending on who you speak with, you get a different answer. I had Kontera on my pages with AdSense for a LONG time. I decided to pull them, partially because of the confusion... but also because their javascript really seems to slow down the page load time. I was getting complaints from many members.

So, there appears to be an "official" word, though it doesn't seem that Google cares enough to really enforce.

Joel

jcomm, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  19. Sohan

Sohan Peon

Best Answers:
    Well you never know Google. If you do risk it, your giving them another reason to ban your account and keep your money :p.

Joel Comm should of asked them, before he promotes it saying IT IS allowed with adsense. To me he's a load of BS. Cheney FTW.

Sohan, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  20. jcomm

jcomm Peon

Best Answers:
    I did. Read my previous message again. The nice people at Google have been just as confused about this as publishers.

Joel

jcomm, Oct 3, 2006 IP