1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it just me or has it become very difficult to make money with Content Sites???

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by MarkUSA, May 13, 2010.

Did you guys notice this?
    I have been doing a lot of keyword research lately and I am not finding many good keywords...
    Anything related to Making Money Online is IMPOSSIBLE to rank for. Things like credit cards or Forex are very tough.
    Health, Nutrition and Dating were considered profitable in recent years, but I am not finding as many good keywords.
    Any niches still profitable? Perhaps Video Gaming (XBox/Nintendo Wii)? Celebrities?
    Any suggestions on niches that have potential and can still be monetized? :confused:

MarkUSA, May 13, 2010 IP
  2. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    After proper keyword research, it is a hit and trial method till you hit that keyword which will pay you handsome money, yes, there are those keywords, but you need to patient and persistent with your effort, dont give up

COBSolutions, May 13, 2010 IP
  3. Jihoy

Jihoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Go for long tail ones first, grab some easy traffic then move to other ones. Probe for weakness, then attack!

Jihoy, May 13, 2010 IP
  4. MarkUSA

MarkUSA Peon

Best Answers:
    Cash,
    Any niches in your opinion worth targeting? I have started with two of the worst niches to get into(didn't know it at the time!), MMO and Forex (as evidenced from my signature), so it was particularly difficult for me to get any results

MarkUSA, May 13, 2010 IP
  5. GeorgeKuipers

GeorgeKuipers Peon

Best Answers:
    MarkUSA, for your mentioned keywords, you can probably compete only in local geo searches, nowadays. For local searches, at least here in Netherlands, its quite easy. But you need to know the local language to be able to make full-round SEO spin on that.
    Regarding the global Google.com searches, it is nearly impossible to get in. All top positions there are strongly occupied by strong guys.

GeorgeKuipers, May 13, 2010 IP
  6. MarkUSA

MarkUSA Peon

Best Answers:
    George,
    Thank you for replying, but what I was saying is those are the ones I chose incorrectly when I first got started. Now I am looking for a completely new niche to get into that still has keywords I can rank for. Can you recommend anything?
    I am looking for a specific name of the niche, not something like "pick a niche you are familiar with and enjoy writing about";) Thanks!

MarkUSA, May 13, 2010 IP
  7. GeorgeKuipers

GeorgeKuipers Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are looking for a profitable niches only, I guess they are all overcrowded. Unfortunately, I am not able to identify new profitable niches nowadays, sorry mate.

GeorgeKuipers, May 14, 2010 IP
  8. scheng1

scheng1 Peon

Best Answers:
    If now is hard, ten years later will be harder. A website that you start now will increase in rank as a result of its age.

scheng1, May 14, 2010 IP
  9. 1SEONewby

1SEONewby Peon

Best Answers:
    You are surely doing this but thought it worth the mention. How is your off page SEO? If you are limiting yourself to keywords and onpage only you will be limited. Are you generating backlinks by way of article submissions etc. Try getting traffic from multiple sources not just organic searches...

1SEONewby, May 14, 2010 IP
  10. jeancarlohim

jeancarlohim Guest

Best Answers:
    Those markets are though!!! go for long tail keywords :) and do strong link building on them

jeancarlohim, May 14, 2010 IP