1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where to get work as a PHPer

Discussion in 'General Business' started by kakaboeie, May 8, 2010.

Hello! I've been having a sickening amount of free time on my hands lately (no school or job, I'm 19) but I haven't been able to turn all that time into $$$.

So I figured I could make a few bucks a day using my PHP skills which I developed by making websites as a hobby for about 5 years now. I mostly code stuff like login-systems, mailing systems, webshops, forums, blogs etc. etc. so mostly database-related. Example: (http://kakaboeie.a60.us/admin.php)

But like I said I haven't been able to find an effective way to make money with this. I have created some websites in the past that were fine systematically but the niche of the website just had too much competition or was simply un-interesting. So affiliate marketing/adsense-like stuff hasn't worked for me either.

Does anyone know where I could best use my skills as a freelance PHP developer to make a few bucks a day?

kakaboeie, May 8, 2010 IP
  2. vmlive

vmlive Peon

Best Answers:
    Check out freelancer.com and scriptlance.com

On the other hand, you could develop a script that would be useful for others and sell it.

vmlive, May 8, 2010 IP
  3. kakaboeie

kakaboeie Peon

Best Answers:
    What I hate about websites like that is that there's always very very young scripters doing jobs that take hours for like 5USD. But yes it's something to consider, thank you.

kakaboeie, May 8, 2010 IP
  4. Joelo

Joelo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Also try odesk.com and guru.com , they tend to have a bit more experienced/higher quality people there.
    But also here at DP and other marketing forums, there are places to post your skills. Use your signature box (when you can) to show what you've done.

Like vmlive above said, create some cool script or package of scripts and sell them. You can also use that to get known as a programmer.

Do you have your own site yet, besides what you posted? I would set up your own with your own hosting and domain name. It makes you look a lot more professional.

Joel

Joelo, May 8, 2010 IP
  5. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Peon

Best Answers:
    @kakaboei
    i am still looking for someone who can help me set up automized site, if you think you can do this pls feel free to pm me.
    below the link to the site which discripes what i am looking for in a nutshell.
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1794514

cheers

flyingdutchmen, May 8, 2010 IP
  6. RadexRichard

RadexRichard Peon

Best Answers:
    You can also create some PHP (Or any other web based language) and sell it on CodeCanyon - http://codecanyon.net/

RadexRichard, May 8, 2010 IP
  7. jump32

jump32 Peon

Best Answers:
    jump32, May 9, 2010 IP
  8. ceaseer

ceaseer Peon

Best Answers:
    Create your own website and sell all the small and large scripts you create on this site. Offer your service to do custom work on the site too. Create a blog and/or forum where people can ask for help. It would be best to have a website for your business to sell your products and offer a portfolio as well. When business is slow you can reach out to the freelance sites.

ceaseer, May 9, 2010 IP
  9. madagaskar

madagaskar Peon

Best Answers:
    Check out freelancer.com and scriptlance.com

madagaskar, May 9, 2010 IP
  10. Hearthrobz

Hearthrobz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Be active in dp and place a text in your siggy offering your service. Things were going like that in the past :)

Hearthrobz, May 9, 2010 IP
  11. kakaboeie

kakaboeie Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips everyone, I think I found something now :)

So flyingdutchmen thanks for the offer but doing something else, very time-consuming, at the moment.

kakaboeie, May 10, 2010 IP
  12. asianguy

asianguy Peon

Best Answers:
    Goto a place where you can get a part time job and show them what you have developed(your sites etc)

asianguy, May 10, 2010 IP
  13. Andershizzle

Andershizzle Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly I was in the same boat. You just gotta get lucky and find the right people ;).

I actually just decided to work for myself, hehe. I started my PTC when I was 17. I'm 18 now

Coded it myself. And my buddy did the layout and wrote most of the stuff you see there

Andershizzle, May 11, 2010 IP
  14. kakaboeie

kakaboeie Peon

Best Answers:
    I kinda gave up on this, trying to make money running my own websites now. Thanks for all reply's though :D

kakaboeie, Jun 1, 2010 IP