1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article] seo is dead

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by BusinessCoach, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can anyone verify the news I saw the other day that Facebook was the most visited site ? Google was supposedly second.

Blue Star Ent., May 5, 2010 IP
  2. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    AS OF I MINUTE AGO

The top 500 sites on the web. The sites in the top sites lists are ordered by their 1 month alexa traffic rank.

The 1 month rank is calculated using a combination of average daily visitors and pageviews over the past month. The site with the highest combination of visitors and pageviews is ranked #1.

google.com
    Enables users to search the Web, Usenet, and images. Features include PageRank, caching and tra... Morenslation of results, and an option to find similar pages. The company's focus is developing search technology.
    o
    4.5 Stars
    o Search Analytics
    o Audience

facebook.com
    A social utility that connects people, to keep up with friends, upload photos, share links and ... Morevideos.
    o
    4.0 Stars
    o Search Analytics
    o Audience

youtube.com
    YouTube is a way to get your videos to the people who matter to you. Upload, tag and share your... More videos worldwide!
    o
    4.0 Stars

dyadvisor, May 5, 2010 IP
  3. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    SEO is still alive and kicking.

soniqhost.com, May 5, 2010 IP
  4. mrpaisa

mrpaisa Guest

Best Answers:
    I think so because its also not work forme.

mrpaisa, May 5, 2010 IP
  5. M A Kay

M A Kay Active Member

Best Answers:
    The problem is viral marketing doesn't apply to all niches while SEO can apply to all niches.

M A Kay, May 6, 2010 IP
  6. BusinessCoach

BusinessCoach Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    please NAME a niche Viral marketing does not apply to

BusinessCoach, May 6, 2010 IP
  7. Truffle

Truffle Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO has never been the be all and end all of marketing and social networking never WILL never be the be all and end all. They are both components of a full ranging marketing strategy. If ANY company relied solely on SEO to market their products, they would be missing out on an array of opportunities.

The same applies to Social Networking. Any marketing professional that recommends a company to focus solely on Social Networking is, quite frankly, an idiot and i feel sorry for their customers.

SEO and Social Networking are two peices of a larger puzzle, neither is more important than the other and neither will 'replace' the other.

Truffle, May 6, 2010 IP
  8. dragons5

dragons5 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  9. Blue Star Ent.

Best Answers:
    Thanks, where did you get that ? I will guess : ranking dot com.

Last edited: May 6, 2010
    Blue Star Ent., May 6, 2010 IP
  10. Sutjek

Sutjek Member

Best Answers:
    SEO is not dead just because some one says its dead. It has proven good results!

Sutjek, May 6, 2010 IP
  11. GameFriends.com

GameFriends.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Well-written article, but do me a favor. Go into Google Analytics and see where most of your website traffic is coming from. I guarantee it is still Google. Social Media is more for people trolling on facebook, youtube, myspace, or twitter not necessarily trying to solve a problem. People "search" for solutions. They troll for random things. If you don't appeal to a large audience, chances are your social media efforts are wasted (reason we don't see very niche specific demographic marketing on T.V.). What you do see is advertising to a large generic demographic for food, detergent, soda, sports, etc. If your blog is about African frogs and you rely on social media...your ****** finish this sentence

GameFriends.com, May 6, 2010 IP
  12. bizhobby

bizhobby Peon

Best Answers:
    Aside from the fact that this article is in itself a self-promotion, I do like the forward thinking.

Progress comes from unreasonable men.

I do agree that SEO in its current form will die eventually.

Google has so much information on the visitors that all they need to do is let your result show up for a little while to "sample" your visitors behavior.

If they bounce off of your site and don't like it - you bet it will disappear.

Unless there is something to keep them on your site, Google will assume your site is not a good find for that keyword.

It's simple as that. They don't need to check thousands and millions of links, all they need to check is "DOES THE VISITOR SEEM TO LIKE THE SITE?"

'nuff said. I'm not saying SEO doesn't work, but I agree that there will be a dramatic shift in the SEO efforts.

bizhobby, May 6, 2010 IP
  13. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Blue Star: I will probably be getting another infraction for breaking another rule hidden behind a tree for helping someone with an answer. The infraction was from someone implying greatly that Google is not important. The answer comes from Alexa. where the lower the number means the more traffic and visitor appeal. Google is heavier on the SEO at #1. The #2 site Facebook is definitely in the Social category, and #3 You Tube a combo of both strategies compete back and for 2nd. I am not hijacking the post (another infraction only to members?. The majority of mods allow some use som free speech, otherwise this forum would completely crumble, like many before it.
    It is the client, or your own business that matters. My wife has a 12 year old internet site, where golden eggs appeared just using SEO. In her case 80% will continue that way. My SEO structered articles are appearing on SEO , social, and business trade blogs. If you believe in Google, you can now read about how some link services are often considered black hat and reprimanded.

SEO will already remain, and at least now, consistently king. Social marketing is a great plus for those able to stay ahead of the constantly changing trend. Only a few, and many at this Forum, can take SEO into social network marketing, and many skilled SEO people can take Utube and figure how to make it even stronger for SEO usage. The reverse is sometimes true also.

When I mentioned in the copywriting forum that people can succeed beyond my abilities, even if they were disabled like me, and that determination is often a factor. I encourage and assist others to surpass me.
    Being a writer forum a mentioned I charged for $250 to write an article, and that I gave a guarantee of 5 to 10 front page, top ten rankings, within 72 hours of approval. If not my client is charged nothing.

I am providing free tutoring for one. The person verified that one article after 2 months still held a total of 20 Google rankings of keyword phrase combinations in the number 1 to 3 rankings. To me Google means traffic by SEO or Social means or others without tricks.
    The sheriff and posse attacked me, mocking my disability, wild claims, and "my" disregarding rules. So in giving my renewed opinion, I would say neither SEO or Social Media matter, as the entrapment of opinions are what only a couple with badges think rule.

Because I have been a member not long, but have 40 year experiences in business sales and marketing, on here I am considered dumb. So please, please do not put something on my permanent record. America has the Constitution 1st amendment rights. As I have been proven, they do not necessary apply here, even if they are helpful to many other members.

Last edited: May 6, 2010
    dyadvisor, May 6, 2010 IP
  14. seosannu

seosannu Guest

Best Answers:
    Google now became synonym For SEO. All work to rank well in Google mainly.

seosannu, May 6, 2010 IP
  15. Blue Star Ent.

Best Answers:
    Hey, I read this today : LINK

Google may be following Facebook.

Filed under :
    (answering my own questions ) :)

Blue Star Ent., May 7, 2010 IP
  16. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    If anything that just makes SEO stronger.

1. Do I want to build a client base of mostly under 30 (although some age 85 act 25), who are squeezing dimes together and have too much time because are lonely?. If so, the fastest growing group of social marketing might be the answer. How much though is a client or sale worth?

2. Do I want to work with the smaller crowd with all the bucks of 55 million at LinkedIn? Most of these highly paid business and service professionals know little about websites and SEO. So I have an endless approachable group of people where I can triple the going rates of others, and use SEO methods to get them traffic. (works for me).

That is why knowledge of SEO is benefited by the growth of social marketing. With more people putting their efforts into social marketing, the more profitable SEO becomes. It all comes down to earning versus relearning. Both work but SEO has a strong steady future.

Based on internet averages, linkedin.com is visited more frequently by users who are graduate school educated and browse this site from work.

Facebook: No College. Relative to the general internet population, people who did not go to college are under-represented at facebook.com.

Last edited: May 7, 2010
    dyadvisor, May 7, 2010 IP
  17. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    RIP SEO :( HAHA! SEO will never die! search engines get too much traffic for SEO to be dead

Jasonb, May 7, 2010 IP
  18. Blue Star Ent.

Best Answers:
    That may be the the best post of this thread. Go where the money is. You can hit a few birds with a shotgun closeup, but you can kill a bear with a Winchester at a hundred yards.

The more you know about how to find the money online the richer you will be. I saw an article today about the demographics of iPad users. They also have plenty of money to spare online. :)

Blue Star Ent., May 7, 2010 IP
  19. DubDubDubDot

DubDubDubDot Peon

Best Answers:
    Then stick with your offline business clients. I doubt you will get many clients from webmaster forums. I can't figure out if you are selling snakeoil or if you just have a bloated sense of self worth. In any event, not many webmasters are going to be impressed with the type of pitches you make.

This thread is obviously creative spam for your social marketing services. Instead of proclaiming SEO dead, all you had to do was say that social marketing was in your opinion a good complement to SEO. Then you wouldn't have been branded an idiot like you have now done to yourself. Certainly a "business coach" should have known better.

Comical.

You are bragging about ranking for terms that NOBODY IS SEARCHING FOR according to the Google keyword tool. Terms that HAVE NO COMPETITION and thus are EASY to rank high for.

Last edited: May 9, 2010
    DubDubDubDot, May 9, 2010 IP
    MickeyFinn likes this.
  20. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    YOU NAILED BC RIGHT

When I gave him an SEO challenge it was this: 5 meaningful SEO keyword phrase combos in the Google top 10 in a tough area. One article (no software or tricks), and 48 hours after issue. This is a guarantee in writing I give my business clients. (or no pay).
    BC in turn could use any method to do the same, including buying advertising, and color of hat method, and be given 30 days. He said insurance, I said how about financial planning as that is tougher, because of Google adsense payouts
    No money involved, as a repeatedly told him no cash betting allowed in DP. (my wife said to bet him $35,000). I told him the loser would donate 20 hours to helping others on the DP forum.

He chickened out (HIM HELPING PEOPLE?) and twisted it that I could not put up $1,000 in a cash bet. I said charity, again the fact he is not allowed to bet cash caused a vicious assault, with him attacking every one of my posts or postings. And threats by PMs, and a Public PM, plus his signature line. I am glad you checked out his terms, all I needed was to see his website. He purposely started this post for the sake of attention.

After all, as I tell by daughter with a baby, bad attention is still attention and makes no difference to a baby. So SEO was his way of getting in here on the SEO forum section. I have seen him viciously set up another post for the same purpose. Between the two posts, 6 people who did not bow were attacked to his extreme. He has "idol followers", his coaching class? Come in and post how SEO is dead.

He bragged how he gets his customers (prey) from postings like this. I replied, I received member friends, which are worth more. I have enough SEO related business.

Observe my post above, and you will see my viewpoint. People that think exactly like him (no middle ground awareness), allow SEO believers to increase their business volume, SEO value and income. Your post verifies it again, with yet another way.

Last edited: May 9, 2010
    dyadvisor, May 9, 2010 IP
    MickeyFinn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.