1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sites where you bid for work

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by WriteResults, Aug 4, 2007.

1. billion

billion G.E.M.

Best Answers:
    Well, unless you(or the client) prefer to use the escrow feature and/or the payment/withdrawal options. That could be a reason too of course but it's probably not needed if you work with trusted clients.

billion, Nov 10, 2007 IP
  2. zingo

zingo Peon

Best Answers:
    There are some people that write quality articles on GAF, you just have to be patient and digg them out !

zingo, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  3. ngadhoke

ngadhoke Peon

Best Answers:
    Try oDesk at oDesk.com
    I work for oDesk, Inc. and I truly think it is the best marketplace. Check it out for yourself and let me know what you think.

You can browse through the freelance jobs at: oDesk.com/console/jobs

Neelu
    oDesk, Inc.

ngadhoke, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  4. princeofindia

princeofindia Guest

Best Answers:
    i've been using elance and guru for quite sometime now. I find elance much better than Guru.

princeofindia, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  5. Contentwriter_2707

Contentwriter_2707 Banned

Best Answers:
    I have myself tried using elance, guru, getafreelancer, scriptlance etc... they are all like a fish market where people are just trying to slash your prices to peanuts. Even the buyers there, are not that worried about quality much. All they want is copyscaped articles.. thats it!!! They are not even willing to pay for original work. I have seen people working at $1-$2 for a 500 word article and am sure you just cant expect quality in such low paid work!!!!!!!

Contentwriter_2707, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  6. rolls

rolls Guest

Best Answers:
    I am looking for a person with flare who is able to write webpage articles on Spain ( price to be discussed per article.)

The articles would be on varied subjects, Focusing on Property marketing SEO related topics with keywords kept throughout
    Of course I would like well-written with each article containing the same essential key words relating to the titles.(keywords to be sorted) There are mountains of website related topics so the writer should find rewarding, but articles need to be creative with Impact hitting the part of the brain that wants to be there!! And of course original (prefer none copied from elsewhere, Chat on this one)

I am looking for a long term business venture with writer. My present and Future topics would involve Spanish property sales (new and resale) Why buy with us / why Invest in Spain / Schooling/ health / Solar power in Spain / etc etc (Same for Egypt Italy Mexico plus others locations over the coming weeks

I would appreciate it if the writer could send me some samples of his/her works to ascertain his/her skills

I would like an honest accurate price or it will go to best bidder forums lol

Thanks for reading John...

rolls, Nov 16, 2007 IP
  7. Contentwriter_2707

Contentwriter_2707 Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi Rolls,

PM sent. pls check

Contentwriter_2707, Nov 16, 2007 IP
  8. csadkins

csadkins Guest

Best Answers:
    I dont charge anything for my website right now. If you sign up now it is free for life and you can sign up for any level. work-bids.com

csadkins, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  9. callmeprincess

callmeprincess Member

Best Answers:
    I used to be on GAF but I stopped because it was stressing me out how I had to lowball my capabilities just so I could earn. I'm from a third world country and even at such rates, it's just too low.

It makes me wonder how people can supposedly accomplish so much in a day's time for so little pay just so they get the job.

And because I want to earn, I have to even if I feel that I'm being ripped off.

So now, I just stick to looking for jobs locally and hoping that they won't run away with my work.

GAF gave me a sense of security, I'd have to admit, since if anything wrong happened, we could depend on them to work out the kinks but... I don't know.

I don't get odesk and elance. Plus the fees also scared me off GAF. : /

Wait. Is this thread necro'd or something?

callmeprincess, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  10. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well that's not at all true pal, but yes if somebody is really hard-up, he/she can scrape by on that kind of income ... maybe even for a week

WebBuddy, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  11. callmeprincess

callmeprincess Member

Best Answers:
    In the Philippines, 100 dollars is just enough for two - four weeks of grocery. Around $5 is daily wage here. But you can buy good meals and drink for around less than a dollar too. So if you're single and you get minimum wage, it's possible to live off around that much. However, it's not advisable to be contented with that and hope to save/earn more in case if anything should happen of course.

I do understand people make these comparisons and parallels as figures of speech to justify the situation and giving reason as to why some non-native English speaking writers would enjoy such rates, but please, don't exaggerate too much. XD

Before we get to such, I don't think it would hurt to learn of the actual standard of living and a wee bit of real living conditions in the countries/regions you're talking about before making a statement. It's not nice. Don't make third world countries seem poorer than they already are. Yes there are people who do live in poverty and are starved but... Yeah.

I hope you get my point?

callmeprincess, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  12. johagulo

johagulo Peon

Best Answers:
    It�s ok, but very less pay

johagulo, Apr 14, 2010 IP
  13. palmerlarryray

palmerlarryray Active Member

Best Answers:
    I work bid sites a lot and I have always had good luck with it. My usual rate for bidding sites is $0.01 to $0.02 per word to cover the cost of the sites fees. The advantage to these site? They usually have escrow so I know I will get paid when the work is done. Also, I have met most of my long time clients through these sites and some of these people have been returning to me for work for 8 years now. In addition, you get some really good gigs once in a while. I bid a job two weeks ago that my normal price would have been $120 for the whole job but the minimum bid was $500. The client accepted my bid, loved the work and paid me a $50 bonus as well. Those are the experiences I relish.

palmerlarryray, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  14. jayjay11

jayjay11 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Elance is excellent and has led to plenty of ongoing gigs so i dont have to use it. I suggest finding a niche and sticking to it.

Mark yourself as an expert not a jack of all trades,

Double your bid. That is my top tip for winning projects. People are naturally drawn to the high price and take you a little more serious!

jayjay11, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  15. M A Kay

M A Kay Active Member

Best Answers:
    I always use getafreelancer.com, lots of buyers.
    But the price is really, really difficult to compete.

M A Kay, May 4, 2010 IP
  16. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    GAF's bid rates are soooooo difficult to compete with that I'd rather NOT write than go over and bid day after day on those. No offense to you but it doesn't work for me.

WebBuddy, May 4, 2010 IP
  17. copy4you

copy4you Peon

Best Answers:
    that's true people bid there extremely low most of times, but what I do is just give prices I would be really pleased to do the work for. In my opinion this is a good way to function in such sites because as it was mentioned already, they give you the possibility to choose from a variety of jobs you didn't know so far and on the other hand, if you value your work properly, when you get the job thanks to them you will be adequately paid :)

copy4you, May 9, 2010 IP
  18. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Some people like copy4you have their head together and refuse to get used.
    On Google you will see Odesk charging $10.00 for an article. They take 10% of the $2.22 the worker is paid, plus the $8.00 profit.
    So it can work for you or against, depending how sharp you are.
    The point above about "value your work" was right on. My wife hired a worker at Odesk for a $500.00 project. He did not value his work and she gave him bad feedback requesting 90% back. At first Odesk refused until it was pointed out 3 of Odesk's policies were violated. This week she received 90% back.
    Plus when I use an outsource, say Odesk, I look and see what the candidate accepts for other jobs. If the price varies too much, I would rather pay more, and help that person determined to get ahead in life, and to not let the customer down.

dyadvisor, May 9, 2010 IP
  19. Fem

Fem Active Member

Best Answers:
    Even from low paying bidding sites, you can find some good paying clients with whom you can have a long tern relationship. The best way to find out these sort of guys is that they won't be asking for a long term writer, rather they would ask somebody to write something for them [may be a sales copy or an article]. Others who are seeking long term writers will be content mills or middle men.

Fem, May 21, 2010 IP
  20. geegel

geegel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Jesus H. Christ! You do realize that this thread was created more than 3 years ago, right?

csadkins, you deserve to rot in spammers' hell.

Regards,
    George

geegel, May 26, 2010 IP