1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Just Took $1000 from my account?

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by o2pb, Sep 12, 2006.

1. o2pb

o2pb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt 40% of my click traffic was fraudulent... and as for US traffic... its filtered before its even added to your account.

o2pb, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  2. widewebtalk

widewebtalk Peon

Best Answers:
    Well all i can say is i bet advertisers will be pleased with what i can imagine are huge account rebates.

widewebtalk, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  3. dshah

dshah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Almost 1500$ gone from total balance (and its no in payment history), so its gone...dont know where :(

I can't believe they were invalid clicks (or may be YPN just decided to review everything out of blue).

dshah, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  4. digiseek

digiseek Peon

Best Answers:
    People are loosing thousands..what is going on..:confused:

digiseek, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  5. zee

zee Banned

Best Answers:
    I am no YPN user (yet) but I believe that is not a good practice. What the heck are they thinking, deducting huge amounts like that? They are not worldwide, they are still in the BETA stages and it's very very unclear when they'll come out of their rat hole and make an international appearance. This is not going to help them at all. If they are trying to please the advertisers then I believe they are doing it the wrong way. If publishers stopped using YPN on a large scale, how the hell are they going to find new advertisers? I thikn Yahoo is going crazy. I can't wait to see what Microsoft does with their brand spanking new ContentAds and what route do they take in the contextual advertising war.

Adsense has it's own problems too so calling Adsense "the best" won't be correct either. AdSense though has a much stronger base and so far, I haven't read huge chunks of amounts being deducted from publishers' accounts but they do tend to ban a publisher for self-made clicks. The webmasters are on their websites daily and things happen and I believe Google should alter their policy and introduce a new system where self-made clicks should be easily flitered without causing any trouble to both the advertisers and the pubslishers.

Damn! It's about time these things should start improving!

zee, Sep 13, 2006 IP
    NineFingers likes this.
  6. Enrio

Enrio Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm very suprised as the big companys have all the power to decide what should be paid and what shouldn't. We can just agree...

Most times, is impossible to know why clicks and money that are gone!

Enrio, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  7. abohart

abohart Peon

Best Answers:
    I actually have more money in my account than I had yesterday, but then I don't play on the levels you guys are. :( (I wish!!) I hope you guys figure out what's going on quick. It'll be interesting to hear what the final excuse is.

abohart, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  8. digiseek

digiseek Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think publishers drop out of YPN, I think this has affected only highrollers. As more advertisers getting so called rebates, publishers RPC may increase X fold which is way better than using Adsense.

9. xboxundone

xboxundone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it probably is fraduent (foreign clicks) or a system glitch

xboxundone, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  10. digiseek

digiseek Peon

Best Answers:
    It can't be foreign clicks to this extent as most of them here do geo-targeting, there is something else going on which only Yahoo can tell.

11. Robert Allen

Robert Allen Peon

Best Answers:
    This is like a scam. Fortunatly, i am in the UK, so i couldnt join the beta program.

A click is a click, whether someone in iran does it or if someone in UK does it. I will stick to adsense.

Isnt $6,000 enough reason to sue the company?

It is like saying 'i will put $6000 in the bank for interest' and then you get 75% of that in your account later and you ask the bank, and they say 'It is our policy to take 25% of our customors cash and return it to sender'. But the company actually pocket the cash.

Robert

Robert Allen, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  12. andy11

andy11 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't usually check my balances before the end of the month BUT I think I've been hit too! At least a couple of ks. I can't call them coz I have no proof.

Whatever they do, YPN is much better than any other ad agency and I solute them. Yesterday my bank approved my loan application for a large house on the spot because of YPN. Even if they boot me today they changed my life for good and I appreciate them.

Andy - YPN loyalist

andy11, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  13. NineFingers

NineFingers Peon

Best Answers:
    I don’t see any deductions in my account. Most likely they didn't get their share - this happened a while ago if I recall correctly. In any case I love Y because they don't seem to ban publishers but instead discard invalid clicks. If the reason is invalid clicks (doubt it) you shouldn’t be too upset - G would have taken all your money.

Call them!

NineFingers, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  14. footodors

footodors Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It ain't money in the bank until it clears all of the hurdles. It's a "Pending Balance". Apparently they have added a few more for us to jump over.

footodors, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  15. bigrollerdave

bigrollerdave Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm down from about 27k to 25,700. They could have atleast put that money into my Yahoo! Search Marketing lol

bigrollerdave, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  16. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Any of you big timers need a tea boy? a cleaner? a chauffeur for the Bentley's? ;)

Seriously though, if i was in that league i would be very concerned aswell, whatever is going on for you guys i hope you get it sorted and hopefully dont lose any more. :(

pipes, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  17. commandos

commandos Notable Member

Best Answers:
    loooooooooooooooool

good one :d

commandos, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  18. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow i dont make more than $30 a month on yahoo lol but id be pissed if they stole even $15 from me... that sucks...

Seiya, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  19. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    This is serious stuff. My traffic is way up this month, but for the last 2 days the revenue has been much lower than it should be. And all my traffic is easily verifiable.

I'm sending them an email to ask them about it now. Would be good if YahooSarah could also comment here about this.

www.AmCy.org, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  20. alsjforever

alsjforever Guest

Best Answers:
    are you talking about revenue between August 1 ~ Today? or just September?

I don't see any reduction on my revenue

alsjforever, Sep 13, 2006 IP