1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the most ridiculous thing you've ever had to write on?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by writerren, Apr 2, 2010.

1. omarabid

omarabid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not about the subject, it's about you! If you have no idea about what you are writing about; it'll be hard to find words and you'll get bored and sick to death.

omarabid, Apr 14, 2010 IP
  2. omarabid

Best Answers:
    you'd better not know :p think electronic po*n

omarabid, Apr 14, 2010 IP
  3. alexispetrov

alexispetrov Peon

Best Answers:
    Omarabid you've been double posting a lot lately; is this to push your post count? :S

alexispetrov, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  4. +xenon+

+xenon+ Peon

Best Answers:
    have to agree that the medical articles can be a bit boring at times, but once you push through it, it's actually quite interesting to learn. it's common for men to have prostate cancer, so the information could be handy for a male friend or relative who may contract prostate cancer one day!

+xenon+, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  5. omarabid

Best Answers:
    certainly not. I would post 4 words replies in the Adsense forum if I want to push my post count. To be sincere, I was doing this lately, but I then released that I could invest my time on more worthy things.

omarabid, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  6. micheallatour

micheallatour Peon

Best Answers:
    Not to be off topic, but you're islam? me too!

micheallatour, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  7. alexispetrov

alexispetrov Peon

Best Answers:
    micheallatour - ah, we discuss that kind of thing in Politics and Religion.

Also - you're on my friends list from a discussion we had on writing content; but you might now wish to be after seeing my views in P&R. If you remove me, that'll be understandable.

Omarabid - if you genuinely aren't trying to push the post count watch the double replies, I didn't report you but someone might, then you'll lose a lot of posts.

alexispetrov, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  8. joshvelco

joshvelco Peon

Best Answers:
    Funeral Care. Never doing that again.

joshvelco, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  9. SwimFinn

SwimFinn Peon

Best Answers:
    As far as I know, separate postings to separate comments are how "Reply With Quote" works. If I had separate things to say to a couple of separate topics I'd probably use separate posts. If there are many separate subthreads in a discussion, they might call for separate posts for replies, but by that time the discussion might have become overly unbraided. Weaving together several topics in a single reply to the thread would call for a single post.

SwimFinn, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  10. omarabid

Best Answers:
    It's just easier for me to click a button to quote, rather than copy and paste and add your username.

omarabid, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  11. omarabid

Best Answers:
    1. We don't say: I'm islam. but I'm muslim.
    2. As alexispetrov pointed out, this is not the right place to discuss it. Also you can send a PM if you really want to know.

omarabid, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  12. alexispetrov

alexispetrov Peon

Best Answers:
    Omarabid; I understand what you are saying; I am honestly not having a go - this isn't P&R - I'm just saying watch the double posts. If you piss anyone off here they are liable to go and report them all. (It happens.) And the infractions add up.

Swim, you can quote multiple people in one post - it's copy and paste. I'm not opposed to multiple posts - but some are - and it does violate the rules; I've been in trouble for it myself - and as omarabid is clearly contributing to the discussion I'd rather not see it happen to him/her.

alexispetrov, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  13. Qui Peccavit

Qui Peccavit Peon

Best Answers:
    Some translation of test results from the research & development iterations of a pharmaceutical company that was developing a new pill. Biology and chemistry were my worst and most-hated subjects in school and these guys didn't provide any information on what all the fri*** abbreviations or industry expressions meant, so I had to delve deep and study a lot. In the end, I improved the original text considerably because the translation ended up being way more comprehensive, and then I told them that I would never do something similar again. ;)

Qui Peccavit, Apr 17, 2010 IP
  14. kcnck

kcnck Peon

Best Answers:
    Once, I wrote on horse related issues. It took me 10 hours to research. The issues were very different an i had no knowledge on horse issues.

kcnck, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  15. scheng1

scheng1 Peon

Best Answers:
    interesting thread. I have never taken the offer to write for others, even though several webmasters had approached me. Maybe I should ask about the subject before turning down. Maybe I can send them a sample about eating rats, "10 recipes to boil rats!"

scheng1, Apr 24, 2010 IP
  16. SwimFinn

SwimFinn Peon

Best Answers:
    Boiling is not eating, it is merely the first step. With a quick search, I see there indeed is subject matter you can start with.
    However, you probably don't want to leave your potential clients with a bad taste in their mouth.

SwimFinn, Apr 26, 2010 IP