1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google CEO Eric Schmidt Disses bloggers

Discussion in 'Google' started by China_girl, Apr 21, 2010.

Eric Schmidt basically slammed bloggers by saying that if you want to know the value of news editors, all you have to do is look at the blog world. Strange coming from the CEO of the company with one of the largest blogging networks and whose search results return blog posts all the time.

I'd love to hear what you have to say about his comments. If you haven't heard about it, then Google it. Actually Bing it because Google doesn't like our kind !

China_girl, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  2. petr_ind

petr_ind Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    hmmm i don't understand why he says like that....???
    May you explain it??

petr_ind, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  3. kidsko

kidsko Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah this happened earlier this week I remember reading. His diss wasn't against bloggers persay, but more towards those bloggers who are pretending to be journalists. I can understand his comment, but coming from a guy who's company owns one of the biggest blogging sites on the net its very unprofessional. All those "idiot" bloggers are the ones who are providing flesh content daily for the Google monster to further terrorize the internet.

kidsko, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  4. Scramble

Scramble Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed. It's more of a slam against online writers who just regurgitate content that is already posted on various blogs. It's definitely not professional though - easy for Schmidt to sit on his throne and knock down those at the bottom of the Internet food chain.

Scramble, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  5. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I do not like what his said and some negative attitude, but we have to accept the truth in his said. Many bloggers are a bunch of content spinner, just use Blogger as link base or purely MFA website. That's why Google has to devalued to Blogger lately since no value added.

I think he does not mean to all bloggers but most of them who created garbage blogs. This could be a sign of cancel Blogger in a soon or may devalued harder than currently.

Sxperm, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  6. wxbmaster

wxbmaster Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Come on guys, before blogs which just started a few years ago, Google was still making Millions. Also regardless of how much growth Google had with bloggers, the man has a valid point (with all the spamming and bad blog post) -- he speaks the truth. I'm sure he's only talking about a few, and forum posters are not bloggers if you ask me.

wxbmaster, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  7. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Blogs are never going to get the respect they think they deserve because there's no 'standards' in place, any Tom, Dick, n' Harry can have a blog.
    There really isn't any rules, ethical or professional standards, very little in the way of liability, unless you get so big and popular people start caring about what you say. So basically, he's not far off the mark with his opinion of blogging.

However, having said that, Google is, like any company that gets too big for it's own good, forgetting it's own motto 'don't be evil'.
    It's becoming the very thing it initially wanted to avoid and the bigger it gets the worse it'll get.

China_girl, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  8. StudioWorks

StudioWorks Peon

Best Answers:
    I think he targeted only the bloggers that think they got what it takes to be a jour.
    nalist or something like that. Maybe his intention were good but somehow he managed to say it wrong

StudioWorks, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  9. leepee

leepee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Will you please add the link of the message from Eric,so that we'll get all the information about it from the source page.

leepee, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  10. simey

simey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Blogs are just another CMS, another way to put content online. G has no basis to complain, they recently started putting "tweets" on page one for chissakes.

simey, Apr 22, 2010 IP