1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My mantra for building traffic!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by dfsweb, Sep 11, 2006.

Spend some time each day looking for ONE backlink. Yes, just one! Spend time on this to ensure that you can get a backlink from this location. No shortcuts. Register with the site if you have to. Link to them if you have to. Email them if you need to.

All you need to do is ensure that the link is good enough to get you ONE visitor per day from that site and you will be getting 365 unique visitors to your site within 1 year from referral traffic alone. Plus, you will have 365 links pointing to your site which can only be good for your SE rankings.

It is very easy to find such resources. Simply start with high PR directories, then move on to exchanging links with sites in your category. You will soon see that you will get better and better at finding such resources and when you get fast enough, move on to finding TWO resources per day and your traffic will skyrocket before your eyes! :D

Regards,
    dfsweb

dfsweb, Sep 11, 2006 IP
    geegel likes this.
  2. pfgannon

pfgannon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do something similar. But I aim for 7 backlinks/week. Sometimes I get 3 in a day other times 0 in a day.

pfgannon, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  3. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    We are link building on a daily basis, it works and traffic increases rapidly

Got to say that this is an easy cost effective way of building up links and some directories offer very good rates to list on sites with good PR

britishguy, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  4. Nikolas

Nikolas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A tip: If you use the stumpleupon toolbar, you can visit sites by tags.

So if for example you have a site about flowers, you can put flowers in the tag searchbox and visit instantly high rated sites about your niche.

Also you can go to the hot stories of blogs that are listed in digg, delicious, etc. and post some usefull comments. This can help very much and with a service like web2announcer.com you can do it even faster.

Nikolas, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  5. eXe

eXe Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi dfsweb, thanks for sharing your mantra. However I think this is painstakingly slow. Increase it to 20 a day and now we're getting somewhere:)

eXe, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  6. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    True! But, it's really hard to motivate oneself to build 20 links per day on an on-going basis. If you can do this, then good on you I say!! I have trouble motivating myself, so one a day works for me quite well. :)

Another tip: Use Roboform for filling out directory forms. This is much better than other form fillers as it has custom fields that you can set-up to fill in urls, descriptions, keywords, anchor text etc.

The free version lets you save info for three sites and each site has 3 custom fields. The standard fields allow you to save fields like name, email etc. Try it, you'll thank me for it!

dfsweb, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  7. mysticenigma

mysticenigma Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm kinda sure this is very sweet for link building. It helps for sure cuz it is not difficult to find similar sites in stumble.

mysticenigma, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  8. geester1

geester1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is there a directory of PR pages?

geester1, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  9. rharrison

rharrison Peon

Best Answers:
    You don't add one backlink a day to get your traffic to 300 a day by the end of the year. Great, then you can finally get 1,000 day by 4 years.

rharrison, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  10. apnayarana

apnayarana Guest

Best Answers:
    nice suggestion buddy..
    thnxx

apnayarana, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  11. geegel

geegel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sweet lord. It's the invasion of the unholy peons. All of them with 11 posts and none of them making sense.

Am I the only one sensing a conspiracy?

As for the OP. I try to do the same thing with writing. 1000 words a day. If I'd actually stick to it, I'd be rich by now :D

Regards, George

geegel, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  12. cell-phone-accessories

cell-phone-accessories Peon

Best Answers:
    Make sure to deep link into your site when from the other site with anchor text that mirrors your title. Assuming your title is your keyword-phrase for that post.

cell-phone-accessories, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  13. Phil

Phil Member

Best Answers:
    You know, I'm starting to really see this numbers game.
    I wish I could say I've been diligent in the link exchange game --tried the "1 backlink a day" deal -- but the reality is I just do it when I can. Now that I've been at it for about 2 years now, I have a respectable about of backlinks and I'm really staring to see the benefits. Not just PR, but in traffic. I saw the point about about submitting to directories. Like them or hate them, if you have your site submitted to 1,000 directories, and if you get even 1 visitor/year/directory, that's 1,000 visits you wouldn't have gotten.
    And 1 more little thing I've found to increase traffic: commenting on Blogs and articles that allow you to link back to your site. Even with the rel=nofollow tag in place, I find I get a steady trickle of traffic from high traffic sites.

Phil, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  14. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    What George said.

Sorry, brother, it looks good down on paper, but if it worked out the way you say it does, just about everybody would have a site with tens of thousands of hits after collecting backlinks for so long.

If it were only true, though.

Perry Rose, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  15. diego018

diego018 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this link building idea is very stupid...
    i know how to get 500 backlinks in one week, with little effort.... well.. that was what i sold on my report.

diego018, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  16. Kaabi

Kaabi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's a good idea, if you can commit to following a plan, you will usually succeed.

Kaabi, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  17. Breakaway11

Breakaway11 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yah... but you should also try for a few more links each, and your traffic can grow that much more! Not every link will drive a visitor a day... some will, some won't. One of the best plans for growing links is to gain rankings in the search engine.

Breakaway11, Mar 1, 2008 IP
  18. thor22

thor22 Peon

Best Answers:
    they say you should do 10 backlinks a day

thor22, Mar 1, 2008 IP