1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the most ridiculous thing you've ever had to write on?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by writerren, Apr 2, 2010.

This happens a lot if you work for somebody else who finds clients and assignments for you. Or maybe you applied for a job on freelancer.com or somewhere where it isn't clear what subject you're writing on. Some of them are pretty stupid, the worst I've had pitched to me are Casket Flowers and Shoes(not nice shoes, cheap shoes in articles with stipulations that you can't mention price).

I'm researching for my blog, what are some of the products that have made you stretch your creativity to new heights?

writerren, Apr 2, 2010 IP
  2. kittyluver

kittyluver Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have written about ewhoring. I was so bored while writing this stuff. But written interestingly... :)

kittyluver, Apr 2, 2010 IP
  3. Y.L. Prinzel

Y.L. Prinzel Peon

Best Answers:
    Mold. Lots and lots of mold. I had such a huge run of mold and mold remediation articles at one point last year that it actually became really fun to think about new ways to present the same information. These were not cheap articles either. One batch was for a really well known (and high paying) national company with a national audience. So there was a certain amount of finesse I had to get in there--I couldn't just slap 'em together.

And what in the world is ewhoring?

Y.L. Prinzel, Apr 3, 2010 IP
  4. Action Copy

Action Copy Peon

Best Answers:
    I wrote a Direct Mail letter for a $497 set of stainless steel pots and pans.

Or, as the company called it, Executive Cookware. The letter went on to make them a huge amount of money and they hired me to write 3 more letters for them.

So, I guess it all worked out for both of us.

Action Copy, Apr 3, 2010 IP
  5. INEEDCONTENT

INEEDCONTENT Guest

Best Answers:
    I was asked to write articles for each of the Spanish speaking countries in Asia, when I pointed out there are no Spanish speaking countries in Asia the guy said if I was too lazy to do the research he would give the job to someone else

INEEDCONTENT, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  6. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's truly funny, and just wondering how old such guy is because Spanish was Philippines official language but tons of decades ago. Perhaps he was lost in time, LOL

Mystique, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  7. shydimp

shydimp Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i,ve written several seemingly ridiculous titles.i said seemingly because when i got down to researching and writing them proper, i came up with ingenious ways of presenting them. i agree it could be frustrating sometimes.

shydimp, Apr 7, 2010 IP
  8. alexispetrov

alexispetrov Peon

Best Answers:
    I was hired to write 5 articles about giving blowjobs the same week as writing over 100 articles on both Hawaii and Seattle. Truth be told, after that many articles on one thing you start to lose your mind. XD

alexispetrov, Apr 9, 2010 IP
    gr8liverpoolfan likes this.
  9. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Electronic Whoring :)

wptheme, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  10. micheallatour

micheallatour Peon

Best Answers:
    I had to write my best friends report on World War 1, it was just over 2,500 words.
    I now can't stand history because of it, but who cares? I got $50.00 and a six pack of Budlight...I was like 19 LOL
    That $50.00 helped pay for some of my books in college (used of course)

micheallatour, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  11. cheaplaptops

cheaplaptops Member

Best Answers:
    that's a good one ^

cheaplaptops, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  12. callmeprincess

callmeprincess Member

Best Answers:
    I think that would be love letters. That felt truly odd.

Not to mention awkward. But it was easy money. Well could have been is more of the term.

I didn't get paid because the employer and I had a miscommunication and he thought I wasn't interested in the job.

So he gave it to someone else. And I was just waiting for him to reply the whole time, while he thought I never sent anything.

It happens? Hehehe. End of story: I have a ton of short love letters that god knows what I'll do with now.

callmeprincess, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  13. lucyaw

lucyaw Peon

Best Answers:
    I was once asked to write about a site that required you to answer a maths question, before showing a picture of a naked girl. The less said about that the better....

lucyaw, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  14. +xenon+

+xenon+ Peon

Best Answers:
    now that's a great way to encourage straight guys and lesbians to learn math! lol

+xenon+, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  15. micheallatour

micheallatour Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL!! Wish I had that in high school.

micheallatour, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  16. lucyaw

lucyaw Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha very true, but it was simple mental arithmetic like '10 + 20 = ?' ...surely that's not much use for 12 year olds?!

lucyaw, Apr 12, 2010 IP
  17. sarah_harvey

sarah_harvey Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wrote 30 articles on the subjects of IPO's, Going Public, Pink Sheets, Shell Company, Corporations, Regulation D etc. It took me almost 2 days to read through some really good material on how to take a company public etc. In the end I felt like I had a massive overload of corporate information and if you asked me the exact procedure on how to do all this I could easily outline it step by step. You could say I learned something useful from this experience...but it did my head in to the point that I refuse to write on the subject again.

I enjoy the subject of starting a small business, but I have never been interested in starting a major company...especially with all the headaches involved in setting one up. So to me that was the worst subject to write on.

sarah_harvey, Apr 13, 2010 IP
  18. johagulo

johagulo Peon

Best Answers:
    I once wrote about prostate cancer

johagulo, Apr 14, 2010 IP
  19. lucyaw

lucyaw Peon

Best Answers:
    Prostate cancer isn't ridiculous, it's a reality, and one that should be written about!

lucyaw, Apr 14, 2010 IP
  20. jtjavins

jtjavins Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know, have you seen some of the 12 year olds lately?

jtjavins, Apr 14, 2010 IP