1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making $1/day consistently with AdSense

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by nathantai, Mar 31, 2010.

Hi all,

I've had my AdSense account for little over 4 months now. In the beginning I had them on my blog (dropshipping / online selling related). Legit original content, but I update very rarely, once every 10 days or so. It's hard to keep up with posting when you are 100% whitehat and make original posts. I suck at backlinking (or just call me lazy), do close to zero forum posting. Obviously, my lack of dedication to my blog makes for little traffic. I submitted a new articles to EZineArticles though. Collectively, these miserly efforts at posting and SEO of course results in a low-traffic blog. On a good day I might be able to get 15 unique visitors.

After I month I made a grand total of $2.99. Haha! *bitter laugh*

Fast forward to 3 weeks ago. After a lot of forum reading and research, I decided to setup an 'autoblog'. Basically it gets content from feeds obviously. Is this considered 'blackhat'? I have very clearly visible links back to the source article at the top of each post. Also I have an about page that states that content isn't mine, and that any surfer may, at any time click on the obvious link at the top of each article to go to the original page. I also have a generic privacy policy.

I get about 300 impressions a day with CTR of about 1%. On a good day, I make $2. Bad days $0.01 to $0.02. Averaging out the past 20 days, about $1/day.

Am I off to a good start? And regarding the longevity of doing so, is it against Google's TOS? I am thinking of scaling it up with more autoblogs, but don't wanna end up making 50, and then WHAM Google deactivates my account. That will be a waste of time.

I know I'm not making $100/day like a lot of people are here. Perhaps many of you are scoffing 'Pfft it's just $1 a day n00b', and yes I do agree I'm a newbie, that is why I'm making such a small amount. However, I am satisified on a personal level with the pretty consistent $1/day I'm getting at the moment. The main concern I have is about Google TOS about autoblogs, even though I give clear credit and links to original posts. Thanks for any insight guys.

Cheers

nathantai, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  2. WunschShrek

WunschShrek Peon

Best Answers:
    IMO, it seems like you are looking for an easy way out.

You are not going to earn a decent amount of income from Adsense using autoblogs, and not creating links to your domain. I would think eventually they will be de-indexed from google since you are not really offering anything of value to the net -- read here someone who has had their site de-indexed, and it seems to be a regular thing with autoblogs - http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-seo/blogging/103834-my-autoblog-got-de-indexed-google.html

You can't just build a website, and think someday people are going to be able to find it -- it doesn't work like that. Marketing is more than half the battle IMO.

You do not even have to continually update the sites, I have plenty of sites that have been static for years, but every day they continue to earn me $X - $XX per day.

Design your business with the long term in mind, you and will be on your way to building a steady income through adsense. But marketing is very important, I have some very small terms that earn me over $5 per day simply because I am in the top 3 of google for my main keyword.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
    WunschShrek, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  3. WayReport

WayReport Peon

Best Answers:
    Continue with what you are doing, but now scale it up to more domains. 100 domains making $1.00 each is still $100 per day and more than covers yearly costs and hosting.

WayReport, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  4. nathantai

nathantai Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your words of wisdom dude. Ideally, I want to make a site that I can be proud of, that provides reliable income too.. My autoblog doesn't rely on Google traffic so de-indexing is not a problem.

nathantai, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  5. smsinhindi

smsinhindi Peon

Best Answers:
    @nathantai.

Thank you for sharing your personal experaince, there are many including me here who are working hard to earn more and more $$

smsinhindi, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  6. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    What about "de-adsensing"?

Adpubster, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  7. nathantai

nathantai Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are they known to do that?

8. CarlBlogger

CarlBlogger Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Removed comment

CarlBlogger, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  9. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    Check out the plethora of "I been baned for no reason" threads around here

Adpubster, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  10. nathantai

nathantai Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, you da man, I will email AdSense support with a dummy email regarding their policies regarding autoblogs.

11. qingtim99

qingtim99 Peon

Best Answers:
    I like this sentence of Marketing is more than half the battle IMO. To some extent, marketing is much more important to the site itself.

qingtim99, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  12. danta

danta Peon

Best Answers:
    I think autoblogging leads to de indexing of your URLs and might lead you to problem one day.

However $1 per day is decent amount. I was also earning about 10$ per month in first 3 to 4 months but now I am earning about 4 to 5 per day. So do not loose heart try off your every bit.

danta, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  13. SLoft

SLoft Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to make $1 a day. Start from scratch with a legit website around HIGH PAYING KEYWORDS. You will make much more than random little sites.

SLoft, Apr 2, 2010 IP
  14. valntinooo

valntinooo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you should choose a good paying niche

valntinooo, Apr 3, 2010 IP
  15. nathantai

nathantai Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey guys, just wanna update anyone interested on what I'm doing now. I'm currently at 9 blogs making about $7 - $10 a day now.

I find this more consistent than micro niche sites and I'm now churning autoblogs and dumping micro niche sites. I've been trying out the XFactor micro niche method and built 6 sites, but they aren't doing too well.

With micro niche sites, I have no idea why but they all seem to start out fine with $0.20 - $1 per day per site, and then the CPC goes down drastically even though I chose high paying niches.

With my autoblogs I've found a way to get lots of traffic consistently. The CTR is much lower than with micro niche sites, but with 500 impressions a day per site, I can get close to 5 clicks a day earning about $0.20/click (for entertainment news/gossip/tech niches)

Hope this helps anyone trying to decide to start autoblogs.

nathantai, May 8, 2010 IP
  16. extremephp

extremephp Peon

Best Answers:
    I think this wont continue for long..!

You may get banned once when the googlers review your account :)

autoblogging is like damn to Adsense.. :) They never tolerate :(

extremephp, May 8, 2010 IP
  17. swarooponline

swarooponline Peon

Best Answers:
    good post dude

swarooponline, May 8, 2010 IP
  18. scheng1

scheng1 Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as you get feeds from the right places and link back to the sources, autoblogging can work. I think when you have 100 autoblogs, your adsense income is quite substantial.

scheng1, May 8, 2010 IP
  19. nathantai

nathantai Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do have very obvious and visible links back to the sources.

I understand giving credit isn't going to ensure that the original publishers aren't going to pounce on me and report me for syndicating their content though. So I make it a point and have a disclaimer that if any webmaster isn't happy with me syndicating their content, just drop me an email and I will remove the feed in the shortest time.

Of course, I know AdSense may or may not be happy with syndicated content and may/may not disable accounts. I've even sent AdSense an email asking their views on syndicated content and they replied with an ambiguous link to their TOS page.

My account isn't banned for now though. Will report back in maybe 2 mths and see how it goes. :)

Last edited: May 8, 2010
    nathantai, May 8, 2010 IP
  20. ngambey

ngambey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    nice post, this is new information for me.. :)

ngambey, May 8, 2010 IP