1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Path's March 2010 Clickbank Journal

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by ParthS, Feb 28, 2010.

1. brada7x

brada7x Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sig Quote - " NEW Clickbank Product - Financial Information Niche - High Quality - Virtually No Competition!
    PM me to learn more"

brada7x, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  2. Phobos

Phobos Peon

Best Answers:
    Wait, hold on, there's something even better...hahahaha

Phobos, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  3. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Did I make a journal thread?

Exactly.

dlm, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  4. brada7x

brada7x Active Member

Best Answers:
    Never said you did. Just pointing out a slight flaw in something you said.

I'm not trying to get mixed in the argument you guys are having here, that just struck me as being a bit hypocritical.

brada7x, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  5. jessica1985

jessica1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just joined clickbank myself as of march 26th. I am so confused with this site but Im not going to give up. I havent made any money yet, I guess its all in time. Im only confused with where the hoplinks go...could you maybe explain that me or give me an example?
    Jessica Grinnell

jessica1985, Mar 27, 2010 IP
  6. brada7x

brada7x Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are correct on so many levels. Sadly, it's a select couple of people who continuously ruin threads that contain value for new marketers every time you turn around. The forums are here for the purpose of learning and sharing information, not to intentionally spam and flame at every given chance.

If the moderation team at DP gave two shits about these forums, they would clean up the mess once in a while but it's been made very apparent that will never happen. There should be some sense of professionalism within these forums but certain people take away from that and make this nothing more than a discussion board, not a learning environment.

brada7x, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  7. jessica1985

jessica1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    If any of you know any websites that allow product promoting, please tell me what they are or what other websites clickbank users are using....

jessica1985, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  8. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, the issue is that (the vast majority) of these journal threads don't teach anything - rather, they are used to promote the thread starter's blog (or videos, or CB products, or whatever).

Most journal threads don't contain any actual advice. "Try hard and don't give up" doesn't count as actual advice. First off, most of these journal threads are started by people who don't know what they are doing and spend too much time focusing on the thread rather than actually trying to make money. On the rare occasion the poster actually succeeds (Petehols for example), the thread usually turns into people calling him/her a liar.

A useful journal thread (which probably doesn't exist) would go something like this:
    - first day: I picked 3 products, 2 are from CB and one is a CPA offer
    - second day: I did my keyword research and found 3 targeted keyphrases for each product/offer with limited competition
    - third day: I wrote my 9 articles (3 products x 3 keyphrases each)
    - fourth day: I submitted my articles to EZA, when those get approved I'll also submit to AB and GoArticles.com
    - fifth day: I linked my other articles back to my main articles on EZA
    - sixth day: I also used the following sites to backlink to my main EZA articles (OnlyWire, Directory A, Directory B, etc)
    twelfth day: 4 of my 9 articles are now in the top 5 Google results from my targeted keyphrase, I noticed that the articles from AB rank better than those from GoArticles.com - I also noticed that Site X seemingly gives the best backlinks
    - nineteenth day: My CB products are converting 1:125, but my CPA offer converts at 1:40 and has a much higher EPC...

See, ^ that would be useful. But no one does that. People say "read my blog to learn more" or "buy my product to earn money like me". People (especially in the internet marketing business) are selfish. That's fine, but don't use a journal thread to promote yourself. If you're going to make a thread like this, make it somewhat useful for the rest of the community.

[/rant]

dlm, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  9. Patchkaa

Patchkaa Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah I have to second what DLM has to say...

Most of these types of threads that from IM's that don't know what they are doing and refuse to listen to sound advice e.g backlinking articles to get a more consistent income. Like I mentioned earlier some people don't like to listen and will persist with the methods they believe will work and will not accept others criticism until they get real desperate and finally apply what has been told. lol when they do success using the advice they will claim it was from the own efforts.

Believe me I have friends that are starting out in internet marketing but will refuse to listen me as they have their own ideas but now one of them is finally doing what I told him to do.

Some people are just pig headed and will only learn when they get burnt!

Patchkaa, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  10. ParthS

ParthS Peon

Best Answers:
    At least now I know what I did wrong. This is what I was asking for. I had no idea why there was such backlash against me.

ParthS, Mar 29, 2010 IP
  11. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, most journals are by people who'd rather work under compulsion or force.

By making a journal, they hope to get the motivation from others (They don't have their own)

List building seems to be a secondary goal.

In most cases, the journals fail because "borrowed motivation" won't last long. Laziness and hopelessness eventually wins.

Hope you got the idea about what i mean.

jacky8, Mar 29, 2010 IP
  12. gasura

gasura Active Member

Best Answers:
    A journal is just a journal, not a 'road to success journal'. Many of the threads are, unarguably, solely for promotion purposes. But there are also those who want really want to share their success, and there are those who are new, motivated, and just want to share his journey with the rest. Those who are trying to promote their website or products, what harm can come out of it if the information provided can genuinely help someone understand more about starting their own online career?

The point is a journal is just a journal. A journal includes an idea, which is the beginning, then action, which is the process. And it ultimately comes to the end, which is the outcome. The thread starters in most cases do not promise a surefire method that will make everyone a millionaire overnight if we follow what he's doing. If he succeeds, good, we can learn from his success. If it turns out to be the other way round, we better make sure we don't commit the same mistakes. Everyone can learn from someone else's experience, be it good or bad.

Why do some of you have to be so cynical and skeptical about it? There are two types of criticism: constructive and destructive, and so far all I've been seeing are destructive ones. If you disagree with what he's doing then point out what he's doing wrong. If he insists in doing it his own way and fail then everyone will know that your method is right, and he can learn from his mistakes.

We're all here to help each other, not put each other down. This forum isn't made for gurus who are already earning billions of dollars, it is made for people who want to learn and improve and hopefully those who made it can help those who haven't.

Just my 2 cents

gasura, Mar 29, 2010 IP
  13. _David_

_David_ Peon

Best Answers:
    Glad to have some meat in this thread. it was helpful, constructive advice. Let's hope it keeps progressing!

_David_, Mar 29, 2010 IP
  14. Marigoldd

Marigoldd Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly my view.

Marigoldd, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  15. Marigoldd

Marigoldd Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly my thoughts.

Marigoldd, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  16. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    A journal can also help to outline a strategy and then really follow it through. Its not that bad. Its like brainstorming.

GeorgR., Mar 30, 2010 IP
  17. wakslamp

wakslamp Peon

Best Answers:
    Looking good, i've got a few questions

When you put your article e.g. on ArticleBase (after you put it on EZA);
    - do you only place the backlink to the EZA article or also the link to your landing page?
    - Do you link to the same article as that on EZA or one of the other three on that niche?

Thanks in advance!

wakslamp, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  18. J1218

J1218 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Link back to your EZA as well as your landing page. You want the person to go to your landing page so you can pre-sell them, the link back to the EZA is for backlink purposes only. You really don't want anyone clicking that link because they will read the exact same article they just read.

The way I do it is by putting something at the bottom of the article that says "Original article can be found here:" and then I link to the article that I'm trying to get ranked and use the proper anchor text which is your keyword phrase for that article.

But, Articles Base is no-follow anyway so don't use them for a backlink. I use AB as my main directory usually and link back to them.

J1218, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  19. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Link to your landing page at the Top to make use of the traffic.
    Link to other articles with appropriate anchor text for SEO benefits.

Doesn't matter much. Personally I don't interlink duplicate articles (spin them if you can)

jacky8, Mar 31, 2010 IP