1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ezine and other article directory question for this situation

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by bogartkick, Mar 26, 2010.

Hello everyone!

I have submitted first my original article to Ezine and is still pending review. While on that pending period (not yet approved and live), can I submit the same article to other high quality and second-rated article directories on this period? Will Ezine not going to approve it or there's a consideration?

I'm confused. Need your help guys!

bogartkick, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  2. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Of course you can not submit it anywhere else in this duration. You will have to wait.

psharma, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  3. bogartkick

bogartkick Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You sure about that? My Ezine article was already approved and I think the rest of the article directories which I submitted the same article are still pending. Is it ok now to submit the same article to other directories like GoArticles, etc. if my Ezine is now live?

bogartkick, Mar 27, 2010 IP
  4. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolute nonsense - complete misinformation, here. :eek:

Almost every article I have ever submitted to EZA (both for myself and on behalf of clients) has been previously published somewhere else. It's a complete myth that EZA accept only original material. It's never been true and it isn't true now. Most successful article marketers publish all their articles on their own sites first and get them indexed there, before submitting them to EZA (otherwise EZA will always outrank them for their own keywords, and that's no way to build a business, is it?! :eek: ).

alexa_s, Mar 27, 2010 IP
  5. bogartkick

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot alexa_s, at least I know it's really just a myth that we can submit multiple articles in different directories. There would be no problem at all publishing my original articles to multiple directories.

bogartkick, Mar 27, 2010 IP
  6. engkoh

engkoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    I want to ask you, (hope I will get the answer), Is that right and permitted to submit to different directories? I have experience about submitting my articles but ezine didn't approve my articles that have been submitted in several directories, because of duplicate content.

engkoh, Apr 2, 2010 IP
  7. bogartkick

Best Answers:
    Let EZA be the first priority. Before you submit the articles to other directories, let it be approved on EZA first. As for me, after I was approved and submitted to other directories, the others also approved it. Did you get what I mean? Or am I wrong?

bogartkick, Apr 2, 2010 IP
  8. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally I submit to EZA before any other directory at all (but after publishing the article on my own blog/site first, of course, for the reasons explained above and at very great length in this thread.

Contrary to what some people imagine, EZA don't actually expect to get to publish your work before you've published it yourself! But no, they're not going to be too keen on an article that's already in other directories (which you can kind of understand)?

What I've always done - and advise clients to do - is: publish it yourself first; then submit it unchanged/unedited to EZA; then change the keywords, title, first sentence and resource-box and submit it in that form to 7 or 8 other leading directories. (It's not necessary to change it at all, but there may be some small advantages).

In my experience, the top 7/8 directories will bring in 95% of the traffic anyway, and the next 250 directories will only account for the other 5% between them. They may be good for temporary backlinks, but that's another matter. Also, bear in mind that of those "250 other directories" it's certain that 200+ of them won't still exist in a year's time, and maybe less than that - they come and go all the time.

alexa_s, Apr 2, 2010 IP
  9. bumba1988

bumba1988 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This post is really awesome and helpful for me. Well, can you please sort out the other best 7-8 directories? Do all of these produce do follow links? For an example, I checked out with articlebase and it seems they do not allow do follow links from the resource box.

bumba1988, Apr 2, 2010 IP
  10. laurencewins

laurencewins Peon

Best Answers:
    Ezine Articles is by far the best articles site on the web and it is the highest ranking one as well, so it's always best to get published there before even considering any other article sites.

laurencewins, Apr 3, 2010 IP
  11. TheTechWritingMachine

TheTechWritingMachine Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, submit to ezine first as a link from it is very valuable. But I agree with what alexa_s says.

In my case, I submit one unique article per article directory.

TheTechWritingMachine, Apr 3, 2010 IP