1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Aeiouy Banned from Adsense

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by aeiouy, Sep 6, 2006.

1. bobisawsome7

bobisawsome7 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    maldives, can you PM me the E-mail google sent you and your reaction to this? its for www.fakesense.com

bobisawsome7, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  2. john2006

john2006 Guest

Best Answers:
    I never understood why people post their web site on forums like these, that's just poor ignorance and just asking for trouble.

john2006, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  3. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear this. Care to divulge (possibly irrelevant) information regarding this?

Has google responded to your initial inquiry with more than a form letter? Was it the usual "click fraud" email or something different?

What was your average earnings/month? Also CTR? Did it rise with this spike in traffic?

In my opinion, google should REALLY look into making an option for webmasters to list what domains are allowed to show their ads. Let the publisher set which can. This would prevent (possible) adsense hijaaking; at least. And remove this possibility as a topic of discussion.

lorien1973, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  4. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You never seem to understand the positive side of it.

maldives, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  5. projectw3

projectw3 Banned

Best Answers:
    Wow, sorry to hear that so many people got banned.
    I don't think revenue sharing is the culprit here. But I do worry about someone getting the adsense ID and bombing it with invalid clicks. There's absolutely nothing a webmaster can do to prevent that.

projectw3, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  6. ChasLaser

ChasLaser Peon

Best Answers:
    sorry mates...Obviously I new here and missed the multiple pages of the thread. You can shoot me now.

ChasLaser, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  7. iBold

iBold Peon

Best Answers:
    IMHO leeway isn't the right word. They just give further consideration. Think about it, you have 10 clients, 9 of whom make you $5 per month and one of whome makes you $5,000 per month. All of their checks bounce next month. Who are you most likely to pay the most attention to? G is a business and see's this as such. If you aren't making much, then honestly they can't afford to look into the matter any more then the automated method. Sucks, but that's business.

Also, I've seen this at least more then once (the move away from G to teach them a lesson) but I've got bills to pay and a mouth to feed, I'm sure that everyone else here is in the same boat. The larger publishers make a significant amount of revenue, more then they can make in most other places, and don't want to just drop that.

It's like me telling you to go look for my motorcycle (stolen last month, really sucks) all on the premise that someday, somehow, somewhere you might be in the same boat. In theory it's a great idea, in practice it never happens.

iBold, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  8. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:

You may be onto something but its not the revenue sharing part that is the problem ...I think its click fraud from threads....I remember reading Judds posts and he said something about 3000 views on a thread he started and if he had adsense he would be making a fortune....I have never made more than a few pennies here from threads ...he was talking of making dollars....here??? I thought he must be mistaken...now I wonder if he was on / under a click attack and banned because of someone else..

:eek:

Sem-Advance, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  9. projectw3

projectw3 Banned

Best Answers:
    Whatever the case, I've always wished from day 1 that google can come up with something that can detect click fraud and discount those clicks automatically or even human audited.

e.g. click fraud detected ==> system activated to quarantine clicks ==> human review if required ==> allow/disallow clicks

The sytem would be perfected if they can somehow sprinkle some magic dust and integrate that. That would give me peace of mind. If not, the actual culprit gets away scot free, and the honest publisher has everything to lose. That's just a lot of room for unhappiness.

projectw3, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  10. ChasLaser

ChasLaser Peon

Best Answers:
    ChasLaser, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  11. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Someone else who got banned ONLY had his adsense code showing here, had made like $54 or something last month. I found that mind-boggling, because the last time I checked in the last 12 months I think I made about $8.00 on Digital Point.

aeiouy, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  12. a389951l

a389951l Must Create More Content

Best Answers:
    Man that sucks aeiouy! Hang in there and maybe it will work better to rely on other sources of income other than adsense.

a389951l, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  13. wentworth

wentworth Guest

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Try MSN(soon to be offered) and YPN. Also Chitika and Text Links, etc.

wentworth, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  14. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you guys read the rest of the thread, aeiouy isn't worried, because he's diversified his income so that the lost of Adsense means very little to him. ;)

jackburton2006, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  15. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Interesting indeed...Here are some of my thoughts as to what is happening.

Scenario 1

If some the people making above average earnings of Adsense via DPforums had figured since the ads were not technically on one of their websites, they could circumvent things a bit .....then had their friends & family come here and click the ads??

While this at the first thought seems a valid way of getting around Googles TOS....it is evident to Google if 90% of us here earn 1 penny per day and 10% are doing over $1.00 per day......Google knows somethings up....

Forums as a whole do not earn a large amount of Adsense revenues, this is from my experience owning a couple.

Scenario 2

As for yourself AEIOUY and a few others,,...I hate to say this but, I have found when one takes a firm stance on an issue here at DP and comes across as criticizing (SP??) others.... it can lead to the giving of a bit of red (in my case)...or in your case.... a pounding of adsense ads????

So lets say one of the people in scenario 1 gets banned and knows what he/she did resulted in the ban...then they know having an attack done here to others will have the same effect....

I hope thats not the case.... but these are what it appears, are the scenarios happening.

If this is indeed the case I would believe Shawn is reaching out to Google and trying to rectify the situation,,,of course this takes time and with logs like the ones Shawn must have, not an easy task for human investigation and follow up. And things being as they are Google I am sure is telling Shawn to keep things under wraps till they are done their review.

Hope it helps

Peace

Sem-Advance, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  16. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Since there seems to be a correlation between DP members getting banned from Adsense...

I have removed my Adsense code from here till things are resolved. Not sure what to do but its only a loss of a penny or none per day verses losing 30 sites running ads

Sadly

17. adamovic

adamovic Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm still in AdSense and my sites which have their Ads on it are compliant to TOS, but I don't want to depend on Google so I will try other advertising agencies.

Someone have said:
    1) don't let your income depend on one website
    2) don't let your income depend on one search engine
    3) don't let your income depend on one advertising agency (i.e. AdSense)

adamovic, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  18. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Im not sure of the "correlation"...If you go to any popular forum dealing with AdSense (DP ranks #1 for most AdSense related terms) you will see the same thing. If you personally aren't comfortable with taking part on the rev share program then by all means you should remove your pubid like you did but it's a stretch to call it a "correlation".

This isn't a reflection on AEIOUY of course but have you ever looked at some of the sites members who were banned own? The majority are crap MFA sites that offer nothing. Others are pushing the boundaries with images and incitements to click.

One of the most recent example (and I am only giving it because it is the most recent) is The Fox that posts in every one of these threads. Have you ever looked at his sites? Did you see his thread about going to internet cafes because the ips are different and you can click on your own ads?

There is no disputing that honest publishers do get banned. I just don't think its an epidemic which signals the end of Googles PPC as proposed. For every ban there are another 2 publishers finding AdSense for the first time.

Personally, and as both an Advertiser and Publisher, I would love an application process for every site. I think that would cut down click fraud by a huge amount and get rid of all these MFA's which not only use up the majority of Googles time but also are affecting their SERP algo. I wouldn't care if it meant waiting 2 weeks for an approval of a new site.

yfs1, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  19. Obelia

Obelia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't make good business sense for Google to boot legitimate publishers. Quite apart from losing honest publishers from their programme, the bad publicity must discourage a lot of webmasters from joining up.

I do wonder how many genuine publishers they end up booting, for every cheater? There's no way to know for sure, because Google certainly don't.

Obelia, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  20. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Yes yfs1 I do see the sites of others and how they are crap and I smile knowing that most of this is easy to overcome for my clients and myself...though I may have one or two crappy sites I need to clean up I purchased recently...but I also do not promote them either in current form

I used to wonder of others morals and convictions of why they undertake the things they do to earn money...and at the end of the day I nor yourself have a right to judge another man on how they provide for themselves and those they might need to support...we dont have to agree with it...but can we judge it??? or should we???....what if you were not as fortunate as you are now??

Then there is also severity.....you may not like The Fox method...and that is fine I do not like it myself.......but better he does that than stand outside and rob another man...which may result in violence.

Nor is he out peddling drugs hopefully.....

everything in perspective mate.....