1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do we still get pay for the international clicks?

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by MatrixReload, Sep 6, 2006.

I've seen many sites running ypn and not geo targeting or anything. I just wonder does yahoo pay them for those int. clicks? By the way, they claimed that they make big buck via ypn :confused:

MatrixReload, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  2. bluegill_catcher

bluegill_catcher Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was told they pay 0 for non USA clicks - but, we no longer have to geo target, since they are just ignored by ypn's system.

bluegill_catcher, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  3. patrickkonsor

patrickkonsor Peon

Best Answers:
    Told by who?

patrickkonsor, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  4. JoaT

JoaT Active Member

Best Answers:
    We were told the same thing. Apparently, the clicks come off in your report the following day from non-USA countries.

JoaT, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  5. Pepsi Live

Pepsi Live Banned

Best Answers:
    So if we don't need to Geo Target does this mean YPN can't banned you for international traffic?

Pepsi Live, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  6. digiseek

digiseek Peon

Best Answers:
    It is always advised to do some geo targeting on your part in order to be safe...:)

digiseek, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  7. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    They have never paid for International clicks, but still didn't want Internatinal traffic. GEO targeting is still a must if you have a lot of International traffic as they are still banning accounts.

mjewel, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  8. AriGOLD

AriGOLD Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe they "DO" pay for international traffic, but not on purpose.

AriGOLD, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  9. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It could be that some slip through (Especially when they first started), but I know for a fact that they don't pay for most - as I have tracking software that records all clicks and have seen clicks on channels that have not had any payment recorded - and everytime I checked, it was on a non-US IP.

mjewel, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  10. MatrixReload

MatrixReload Peon

Best Answers:
    They pay full amount of the first check and I'm not sure they'll cont. to pay the 2nd, 3rd and so on.

MatrixReload, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  11. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Of course they pay you the full amount they show as due - International clicks are not even counted (or are deducted within 24 hours) so you never even know about it.

mjewel, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  12. AriGOLD

AriGOLD Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe you are wrong, atleast with my past experiences I've always been paid on international clicks, mistake or not...they paid me.

AriGOLD, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  13. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    International clicks do not show up on their reports as a click. Are you using a third-party tracking software that tracks clicks?

In my case, I will see (using third party software) that a particular channel has received (say 10 clicks) and the next day (when YPN reports are available) I will see only (7) clicks being reported. I then go back and check ip data and see that there were 3 clicks which came from IP's outside of the US.

There are also people who use a proxy to get around censors and in that case, I think they do pay because its based on the IP. It's possible that certain clicks do get paid for (I can't possibly check every click, every day), but I know for a fact that they do not pay for most. I have one site that is primarily US traffic, but a few pages would probably only be of interest to people who live in those (foreign) countries. Those pages have never been paid for a click. The traffic to those pages is a small percentage of the total, otherwise I would run phpadsnew and geotarget as I have done on other sites.

mjewel, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  14. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    I guarantee they pay for international clicks. I'm not going to go into much detail though

1EightT, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  15. AriGOLD

AriGOLD Active Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree. They have to first "catch" that you have international traffic to deduct, but if they don't "catch" it...They will pay you for everything like they did for me, and about 4 of my personal online friends.

AriGOLD, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  16. karagold

karagold Peon

Best Answers:
    ypn deducts international clicks and invalid clicks on the fly. there is rarely a deduction after the fact, though i have seen my final monthly check less and sometimes more than what the final report states. they do pay for some international clicks, not all, and they didnt say which countries didnt count (jensense interview with ypn a few months back).

while they are doing the deduction and "figuring" out the geoip for themselves, we are still expected to geotarget and show their ads to a primarily US audience (tos). even though they are auditing invalid clicks, they can still use international traffic as an excuse to terminate your account. they dont have to catch you, you arent going to fool them. whatever counts, counts, and what doesnt count... well you get the picture.

mjewel, i have to agree with you on the proxy ips. i have noticed the same thing.

just my experience, not my opinion.

karagold, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  17. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    they definitely DO NOT deduct international clicks on the fly.

1EightT, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  18. digiseek

digiseek Peon

Best Answers:
    YPN does not pay for international clicks. If they do then they might have old IP database. I have seen where most of the IP databases give different result for a given IP. So if YPN have paid for international clicks then that IP might have listed as US based IP in their IP database.

digiseek, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  19. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    Then they have a VERY bad ip database. I tested it out for a month by creating a site then using adwords to drive 100 percent international traffic. I got paid for every single click.

1EightT, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  20. digiseek

digiseek Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you say that ?? as we get to see the updated stats only after few hours.

digiseek, Sep 8, 2006 IP