1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Aeiouy Banned from Adsense

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by aeiouy, Sep 6, 2006.

1. commandos

commandos Notable Member

Best Answers:
    commandos, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  2. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    That is not my concern. I know that sharing of adsense here is not against the TOS. I would not have done it otherwise.

The problem is if someone launched a click/impression attack either to harm others or to artificially try and boost their own revenue via their postings here, and people could have been caught as collateral damage.

I think this is pretty strong evidence Google has different rules for small publishers and large publishers, and thus Digital Point would not have anything to worry about there. However, if some people were in threads that someone potentially targeted, for example, it could have been seen as attempted fraud. Like I said I don't have any actual data to support this, but looking at some of the information available it is possible.

I will put it like this. If my mom asked me if she should put her adsense publisher id (she does not have one), on Digital Point, as of right now my recommendation would be not to do it.

It may seem like grasping at straws, and potentially it is... but that is all I have had for the last week, as I have no actual idea why I got banned. If I did something wrong, I would have no problem taking my medicine, but I didn't, so I am just trying to understand what could have potentially caused this to happen, and so far I obviously have not determined the problem.

aeiouy, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  3. bobisawsome7

bobisawsome7 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    bobisawsome7, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  4. Brian Kim

Brian Kim Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ok this is shocking news :(

Brian Kim, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  5. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think revenue sharing in general is an issue - but, if someone is going around happy-clicking on all the DP ads OR if Google is detecting a higher than normal amount of clicks from members clicking on each others ads, that might be an issue..

Tearabite, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  6. longroad

longroad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's easy to say diversify when you live in the US, but other countries don't have that luxury. We can't just run to YPN when we choose.

longroad, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  7. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    "Diversify" does not mean YPN, dude. It means find other sources of revenue beyond CPC. Product affiliates, CPM banners, subscriptions, etc etc. The list is endless.

jackburton2006, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  8. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:

They do give the money back to advertisers, they label a credit in Adwords accounts as "Adjustment - Click Quality". I see about 1 to 2% returned each month.

tbarr60, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  9. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    aeiouy and Iowa dog and other banned members,
    Would you mind sharing what sort of dollar amount you were receiving from Adsense? Most of the kids that show here to say they got banned are young men who after a couple of months were just about to reach $100 and they got banned.

You two are not that type of Adsense publishers but I am wondering if you were low total revenue.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had some unpublished minimum or if they give more leeway if you produce large amounts of traffic.

tbarr60, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  10. tyggemannen

tyggemannen Guest

Best Answers:

Are you letting this guy blackmail you ? Did you tell Google about this ? if not, you have to tell them immediately. Tell them everything and they will see that when something unatural is happening they know why.

tyggemannen, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  11. The_FoX

The_FoX Peon

Best Answers:
    Welcome to the club bro.

u knw wat guys im beginning to think this is happening because Google has recently hired some AdWords representatives who are terrible in quality or they are some kinda deadline - declining accounts.

The_FoX, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  12. commandos

commandos Notable Member

Best Answers:

I just sold my adsense pub-id on dp to slickricky

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=130383&ref=commandos :p

commandos, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  13. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    But I will say I was making more than enough to pay all my bills, etc for 6 months with the earnings from one month of adsense.

Next, yes, if someone gets on DP and starts clicking away, especially on one members ads, it could trigger (and did in my case) google to ban for invalid clicks.

iowadawg, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  14. velocity834

velocity834 Peon

Best Answers:
    try looking at the Adsense Reinstatement Guide. The guy there also got banned. If you got banned for the spike in traffic, you should send them proof of this, and try to get the advertiser/ anyone else who was a big player in the traffic spike to talk to google

it might wwork

velocity834, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  15. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I know in my case I did this. I could clearly demonstrate how and why I received a spike in traffic on one of my sites. I suspect that was not the problem, because the evidence I presented was pretty clear.

aeiouy, Sep 7, 2006 IP
    maldives likes this.
  16. ChasLaser

ChasLaser Peon

Best Answers:
    Any written Approval from Google about revenue sharing here at DP? The term "Revenue Sharing" associated with Adsense scares me!!

ChasLaser, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  17. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I opted out of revenue sharing on DP a while back because I wasn't seeing much revenue and wasn't feeling comfortable with it any ways. I would like to hear Shawn's present opinion and have some clear word on Google's thoughts on Revenue Sharing forums.

tbarr60, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  18. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    Whoa there conspiracy theory guy...haha. Where have any posts about this been removed by mods/admin here? :rolleyes:

ViciousSummer, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  19. bobisawsome7

bobisawsome7 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Chas, this forum is not affiliated with Google, so they wont do that.

bobisawsome7, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  20. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear that. I got banned only a week ago. With that they have blocked a totla of US$ 400 + from me.

All my checks are also on hold.

maldives, Sep 7, 2006 IP